Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:39:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I did it! Traveling with Bitcoin and $100 only  (Read 4926 times)
Ehrhc (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 01:50:06 PM

Guys here are asking how and shouldn't you hold btc forever! You lost the btc you spent!
Ok...Calm down!

First of all is btc to hold forever? Or to enjoy holding spending?

Second I am an investors! I made couple of very good ICO investments, and now I am holding a very decent share at Litra Coin.
YOU should buy into https://www.LITRA.site before you start crying!

Third if anyone here can guarantee he will be a live in the next hour! Let me know!

Fourth: The experience itself, worths every btc i spent! I have something unique and very exclusive to share! Not a lot of people can say I did that...And you should do the same!

Yes, I AM promoting Litra coin to be invested in and you should INVEST if you understand the mass adoption!
 You can go and read my posts about BTC reaching $4500 and more this year! ( When everyone was sayin no it will not!)

Always watch for the underdog moving.

It is your money so you can do whatever you want with it and since you seem to have a good amount of money in altcoins and bitcoin then that is a luxury that you can afford, you must understand that most people in the forum do not have that much bitcoin and that is why they will say they are going to prefer to save that bitcoin instead of spending it.

True, but again we should encourage mass adoption, then what is the point? Its not a stock you hold forever!

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 01:53:12 PM

My journey started on Sep 21, from Boston to NYC, flight to Egypt then Turkey, back to Boston! Carrying $100 just in case and 3 bitcoins in my wallet!

Fuck If I will ever carry credit card, or cash any more:

1- I used Localbitcoins for cash! Search for best local currency rate!
2- How much I save from credit card fees and Fiat exchanges: $305.
3- Is it save to deal with Localbitcoins in person overseas? Yes, so amazing nice guys, you are making friends Smiley

You should try it! & $100 stayed with me! and I spent less than 1.9 btc in both countries!!!

Wow.  What an amazing experience to have it.  I also want that to experience.  Actually I guess it is more safer because you do not have a big amount to show and less holduppers.  But I do not have that bitcoin as much as you.  I never have even one bitcoin.  I wish I could do that someday.
caravel

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 01:55:22 PM

I am truly happy for you OP. You have demonstrated how far BTC has come today.
Hope you enjoyed your trip!

Marileno

Activity: 215
Merit: 101

✔ Crypto portfolio | ✔ Telegram/APP

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 01:56:45 PM

Great story for sure. It is experiences like these that need to be marketed in an organic way to the masses. Main stream needs to understand the material benefits that BTC offers to our everyday lives. It is the best counter to attacks on the concept by banks, government and Mr Dimon.

I have been travelling for the last 3 months and have used BTC where possible. Localbitcoins is a fantastic service and i have used it without a problem previously. More stories like this plz!
spring07

Activity: 140

0x5A165891De2a2c8B82c7De19486277e0d5b644DF

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 02:00:10 PM

It  is really awesome to know that someone did it. Your story is no doubt an inspiration to lots of folks out there.
For the avoidance of doubt BITCOIN is MONEY.
Am happy I belong to the Bitcoin community.

I would personally love to share a similar experience someday.
DaFingIs

Activity: 37
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 02:06:05 PM

My journey started on Sep 21, from Boston to NYC, flight to Egypt then Turkey, back to Boston! Carrying $100 just in case and 3 bitcoins in my wallet!

3- Is it save to deal with Localbitcoins in person overseas? Yes, so amazing nice guys, you are making friends Smiley

You should try it! & $100 stayed with me! and I spent less than 1.9 btc in both countries!!!

This really excites me! I've got a three month trip to India comin up and was wondering if it would at all be possible to use crypto instead of fiat! When you say local bitcoins do you mean local people with bitcoin or a company called local bitcoin? Sorry for the dumb question! I just really am hoping to not have to keep exchanging money when going around India and Sri Lanka

Thanks in advance bud

GPLAY - 1# DECENTRALIZED P2P DIGITAL GAMING MARKETPLACE (https://gplaymarket.com)
ddurand

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2017, 02:22:08 PM

Amazing to see people beginning to live with bitcoin! The future of cryptocurrencies is quite bright  Grin
jekanmasin

Activity: 240
Merit: 11

Be Positive Always!

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 02:46:27 PM

Glad to hear your success on your dream mate.. This will motivate a lot of peoples in here.

[ N O M I N E X ]     EXCHANGE     ◥      telegram     ► facebook     ► twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)        in        T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
zoolz

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 02:48:15 PM

Interesting experiment however it would be cool to see someone do it without using something like localbitcoins and without converting to fiat at all.
RomanPetrush

Activity: 630
Merit: 123

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 03:17:38 PM

But dont go to Zimbabwe, as somebudy just will cut your head off Smiley Anyway,as you said that it's safe, actually it's not.

Rajat97

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 04:18:53 PM

Wow would like to try this out. Best way to save money.
Jorosss

Activity: 404
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 04:22:27 PM

thats cool! another alternative way for spending is using bitcoin for travel. In that way we can avoid high interest and large tax using credit card. Im also planning to travel next month using my bitcoin i hope it went smooth like your travel
Rebellious

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 04:31:48 PM

Amazing & inspiring ! I wish it gets easier in a near futur to travel like that with bitcoins.
cyberChevan

Activity: 91

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 04:36:35 PM

Wow, that's amazing! I hope I can save up more bitcoins in the future for me to do what you just did. I've been dreaming to explore many countries because I always have this curiousity about different cultures. How one differs from other and how strong a culture in a country is. Right now I have Korea in mind because other they have a really strong culture based on what I've read and watched. And the Kpop buzz have gotten to me a little, not that much. I hope there's a way for me to use btc for my travel there without having to encash it for me to save up from money exchanges.
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 04:42:58 PM

Wow.  What an amazing experience to have it.  I also want that to experience.  Actually I guess it is more safer because you do not have a big amount to show and less holduppers.  But I do not have that bitcoin as much as you.  I never have even one bitcoin.  I wish I could do that someday.

Why if you just work in the signature campaign for a year itself you can find the perfect money to you. I hope might be earned atleast 2 btc if you just joined signature campaign itself you will be able to make that much amount.
If the travelling with the bitcoin you will be able to exchange the bitcoin to that concern country fiat cash. Avoid USD and go with the bitcoin everywhere.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 04:53:44 PM

Just make sure to stay on the capitals, main cities, otherwise there is a risk to lose internet connection as it's not disponible on remote places, especially third world countries... In this case, no internet means no money. Indeed a nice experience, but it's necessary to calculate the details very well before launching yourself on an adventure like this. A good idea for a documentary also... (Travelling around the world with BTCs).

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Ehrhc (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:37:42 AM

Just make sure to stay on the capitals, main cities, otherwise there is a risk to lose internet connection as it's not disponible on remote places, especially third world countries... In this case, no internet means no money. Indeed a nice experience, but it's necessary to calculate the details very well before launching yourself on an adventure like this. A good idea for a documentary also... (Travelling around the world with BTCs).

You will never Main street media talking about Bitcoin as an alternative to cash!
But again what third world countries!!! What you see on TV has no true meaning! I can show you neighborhoods in NYC, with bad internet and you can't walk on daylight around it... forget the night Smiley

..C..

crustez00

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:45:03 AM

What amazing story that you've shared! it is inspiring me to get bitcoins soon! well, still on progress to catch up some coin. if the amount of coin that i've gather is sufficient for bitcoin exchange, then it will be exchanged! can't wait till its amount is sufficient!  Smiley

mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:34:17 PM

You will never Main street media talking about Bitcoin as an alternative to cash!
But again what third world countries!!! What you see on TV has no true meaning! I can show you neighborhoods in NYC, with bad internet and you can't walk on daylight around it... forget the night Smiley

So I would add: avoid these neighboorhoods if you are going to NYC.  Cheesy

The fact that few neighboorhoods in NYC are dangerous don't make most third world countries safer.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Ehrhc (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:31:43 PM

So I would add: avoid these neighboorhoods if you are going to NYC.  Cheesy

The fact that few neighboorhoods in NYC are dangerous don't make most third world countries safer.

Totally, but doesn't mean you should stop the adventure trip! Man I am getting laid by just mentioning bitcoins and overseas trip!

..C..

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: