Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:42:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I did it! Traveling with Bitcoin and $100 only  (Read 4924 times)
seramania

Activity: 827
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 05:08:00 PM

an interesting story, if until bitcoin is received in all places certainly will be more effective for payment because by bringing bitcoin and little money can go traveling and do not feel difficult. this becomes an interesting experience.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aitrading

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 05:28:19 PM

It's so amazing story! You inspired me  Smiley Wish u more cool travels in the future!
PLMovs

Activity: 161

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 12:26:53 PM

What a cool and delightful story.. Glad I actually read it to the end.. This is the beauty of cryptocurrency. There are vast so many other coins that can use as payment in their one unique ways. I believe crypto is the future.
DogmaF10

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 12:57:10 PM

That would be so inspiring, but i dont think i have the courage to follow your way to traveling. im a conservative person and not willing to take any risk to get scammed by following your way. It is so much safer to use fiat money and credit cards i think
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:20:58 PM

There is still some limitation to numbers of countries that accept BTC transaction, hopefully overtime the development will spread globally, then I can confidently use BTC for all my transaction when I travell
darsiderin

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:09:57 PM

wow, we need more stories like this!
Soon such stories will be very many. In the next few years, bitcoin will consolidate its status as a full-fledged alternative currency. Everything is just beginning)))

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
[ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN
lotfiuser

Activity: 1249
Merit: 295

Palestine

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 06:13:03 PM

good job doing it but it might not work in all country as algeria isnt allowed to hold bitcoin or buy/sell and there is no offers on local bitcoin so we trade it on facebook groupes

Free palestine
RuslanSamui

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:57:43 PM

Hello, thank you for your story, she became an inspiration to me. Now I also think that something like doing
MrRiuss

Activity: 317
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:10:07 PM

What a great journey. Saved $305 from credit card fees and Fiat exchanges is fantastic. Thanks for share your experience. But still confuse on how you found the way to doing that.
Wiliam heil

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:20:07 PM

Glad to hear your success on your dream mate.. This will motivate a lot of peoples in here.
Jerzzz

Activity: 415
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:21:33 PM

Sounds really fun, man! The suggestions you share are very useful for people who like to travel. It seems to be more practical to carry and use BTC because we do not have to bother going to a money changer. Unfortunately my country's government does not support the use of BTC
lionel huang05

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:30:57 PM

Amazing to see people beginning to live with bitcoin! The future of cryptocurrencies is quite bright
sammyp

Activity: 854

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:33:08 PM

Exchange rates are very high over here in my country, you can’t always rely on the local exchanges available as they mostly run out of cash to pay or buy bitcoin from owners. Some other times the exchangers accumulate more bitcoin to an extent that they need to Cato buying and rather sell off before they buy again. These time last usually get irritating. I wished things were as smooth as they are at your end. Congrats on your practical use of bitcoin.

███████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ███████
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│     TELEGRAM     │      TWITTER      │       REDDIT       │      MEDIUM      │
sukoyomi

Activity: 948
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:48:12 PM

My journey started on Sep 21, from Boston to NYC, flight to Egypt then Turkey, back to Boston! Carrying $100 just in case and 3 bitcoins in my wallet!

Fuck If I will ever carry credit card, or cash any more:

1- I used Localbitcoins for cash! Search for best local currency rate!
2- How much I save from credit card fees and Fiat exchanges: $305.
3- Is it safe to deal with Localbitcoins in person overseas? Yes, so amazing nice guys, you are making friends Smiley Just stay inside your hotel! Don't leave! Don't invite someone to your room! At the lobby.

You should try it! & $100 stayed with me! and I spent less than 1.9 btc in both countries!!!

Both countries are safe, exchange rate to USD is good, and to Bitcoin is great! Do your own research...

Nothing impossible, you just invest right, use the income to do something very unique! You don't live twice!

Free tip from your bro: Invest in Litra Coin before its late: www.litra.site
If you don't have money, join their referral program through UPPA: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2272693
that's the advantage for us bitcoin users. bitcoin is the freedom of transactions and trade. and we can use it anywhere, but nowadays very many want to fight bitcoin. and that is the main enemy of bitcoin.

Heartbreakeren

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 05:32:25 AM

Awesome! The credit card machine couldn’t read card at the grocery store the other day. The lady said my bank was offline. Bitcoins are the future!!!
Milado22

Activity: 89

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 05:38:25 AM

Amazing to see people beginning to live with bitcoin! The future of cryptocurrencies is quite bright 
diego ramos

Activity: 113

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 05:41:11 AM

Nice for you, I am so happy to hear that from a bitcoin user,  meaning bitcoins has been accepted in the market already. so just as I suspected, bitcoin will take over in the market and be used in trade and business.
boddy.dy

Activity: 252
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 05:45:05 AM

Soon enough I will do also the same thing because traviling with bitcoin and only $100 is so awesome. This will also make you feel so proud and fulfilling that you are using or patronize bitcoin. Because bitcoin is not only gained in a easy way. With that this must be use wisely and in a proper way. This is the good thing with bitcoin because almost every where you can get money by just converting your bitcoin.
AurumService

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 08:53:34 AM

For now I think that it`s a risky adventure to travel with only $100 and 3 Bitcoins.  Smiley It should be mentioned that cash and creedit cards are accepted worldwide and e-currencies are not that widespread and suddenly you may find yourself get lost in the middle of nowhere.  Wink To avoid such risks you`d better rely on traditional, fiat money for now.  Smiley
thenameisjay

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:20:29 AM

My journey started on Sep 21, from Boston to NYC, flight to Egypt then Turkey, back to Boston! Carrying $100 just in case and 3 bitcoins in my wallet!

Fuck If I will ever carry credit card, or cash any more:

1- I used Localbitcoins for cash! Search for best local currency rate!
2- How much I save from credit card fees and Fiat exchanges: $305.
3- Is it safe to deal with Localbitcoins in person overseas? Yes, so amazing nice guys, you are making friends Smiley Just stay inside your hotel! Don't leave! Don't invite someone to your room! At the lobby.

You should try it! & $100 stayed with me! and I spent less than 1.9 btc in both countries!!!

Both countries are safe, exchange rate to USD is good, and to Bitcoin is great! Do your own research...

Nothing impossible, you just invest right, use the income to do something very unique! You don't live twice!

Free tip from your bro: Invest in Litra Coin before its late: www.litra.site
If you don't have money, join their referral program through UPPA: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2272693

Technically, you can do this given that you know where to exchange these bitcoins without getting scammed. Props on you because you did it purely on bitcoins and even retained the $100 with you. This is a prime example of the convenience bitcoin can bring in people.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: