Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:52:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I did it! Traveling with Bitcoin and $100 only  (Read 4926 times)
dvmd lionel

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 10:07:28 AM

Glad to hear your success on your dream mate.. This will motivate a lot of peoples in here.
chard lie

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 10:24:13 AM

Time will come I can earn huge amount of bitcoin too and I do the same
MasterNodes.Cash

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 10:33:09 AM

I am not cashing out even 1 satoshi from my portfolio for at least the next few years. My logic is..why cash out at 10k when btc will probably be worth tens of thousands maybe even months from now. I am holding onto my btc till it hits at least 100k, then I may start cashing out little by little. It's not smart spending your btc now because it has the potential to be worth a lot lot more soon.
haloobabaa

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 10:34:23 AM

wow I have read a lot of inspiring stories from you guys. I am planning to make one trip to india with my bitcoins. I will be posting my adventure too.
Rossy Akbar

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 10:45:37 AM

Awesome,  I really wonder if I can do travelling with my assets on bitcoin,  but I still collect it right now. But I think the problem is just maybe for the country who has banned bitcoin but they have really good destination, it's kinda hard decision tho. I hope someday that I can traveling to every single country.
jhonnydeep87

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:54:50 AM

I agree that you choose localbitcoins.com they really choose a good rate when it comes to local currency exchange. Right now I know you even have a bitcoin and a little money in your pocket that many can survive for long trips. Cool
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:29:10 AM

Awesome,  I really wonder if I can do travelling with my assets on bitcoin,  but I still collect it right now. But I think the problem is just maybe for the country who has banned bitcoin but they have really good destination, it's kinda hard decision tho. I hope someday that I can traveling to every single country.

I think before we go to any country, you can withdraw your bitcoin first to your bank account so you can use the ATM of your bank to cash out and you can use that money to buy something while you are in that country. I think if we have much bitcoin, we can try this thing too and we can travel with bitcoin because we can withdraw our bitcoin in localbitcoin or it will better if we have a friend which could help us to withdraw the bitcoin for us.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Mr. Perfect

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:43:20 AM

Stories like this aren't new but still I'm being inspired by it. Bitcoin has never really failed someone who gambled for situations like this  Cheesy. And so far bitcoin is really having a show, and it has been proved that it can be somehow an alternative of fiat. Because of the decentralization of bitcoin, it is very ideal to be used as an alternative to ease traditional fees from middleman and some traditional fees from banking companies.
Anita4coin

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:53:52 AM

Stories like this inspire me to use bitcoin even more.
BoLhCa

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:55:00 AM

Yeah, that's lovely to hear! Bitcoin must be used much more times then now.
Baby Dragon

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:10:16 PM

My journey started on Sep 21, from Boston to NYC, flight to Egypt then Turkey, back to Boston! Carrying $100 just in case and 3 bitcoins in my wallet!

Fuck If I will ever carry credit card, or cash any more:

1- I used Localbitcoins for cash! Search for best local currency rate!
2- How much I save from credit card fees and Fiat exchanges: $305.
3- Is it safe to deal with Localbitcoins in person overseas? Yes, so amazing nice guys, you are making friends Smiley Just stay inside your hotel! Don't leave! Don't invite someone to your room! At the lobby.

You should try it! & $100 stayed with me! and I spent less than 1.9 btc in both countries!!!

Both countries are safe, exchange rate to USD is good, and to Bitcoin is great! Do your own research...

Nothing impossible, you just invest right, use the income to do something very unique! You don't live twice!

Free tip from your bro: Invest in Litra Coin before its late: www.litra.site
If you don't have money, join their referral program through UPPA: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2272693

This is a nice representation of how much the market for cryptocurrency has grown in our society. It is nice to hear things like this because it inspires many of us to continue our work for this industry. Eventually, I believe that bitcoin will be more common and our hard work will be paid of. So use this and other similar stories as an encouragement to continue our legacy.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████▀   ▀██████
██████▀     ▀██████
█████▀       ▀█████
█████▀▀▄▄ ▄▄▀▀█████
█████▄  ▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Partner of             
BITFINEX
melekseverce

Activity: 140
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:19:21 PM

It's great and inspiring reading experiences like these because it makes us feel more secured in the use of bitcoins. And that the use of bitcoin in traveling is real.
laserfocused

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 07:35:46 PM

My journey started on Sep 21, from Boston to NYC, flight to Egypt then Turkey, back to Boston! Carrying $100 just in case and 3 bitcoins in my wallet!

3- Is it safe to deal with Localbitcoins in person overseas? Yes, so amazing nice guys, you are making friends Smiley Just stay inside your hotel! Don't leave! Don't invite someone to your room! At the lobby.

You should try it! & $100 stayed with me! and I spent less than 1.9 btc in both countries!!!

Both countries are safe, exchange rate to USD is good, and to Bitcoin is great! Do your own research...

Nothing impossible, you just invest right, use the income to do something very unique! You don't live twice!

If you don't have money, join their referral program through UPPA: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2272693

This was a nice read and very inspiring.
campingSider

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:25:01 PM

In our country, some stores are starting to accept bitcoin as payment. I think, in the future, as bitcoin rises, more establishments will consider bitcoin as one of their payment method.
susuberuang

Activity: 926

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:08:24 PM

surprisingly and this is one proof if bitcoin becomes one of the most reliable coins, with bitcoin you can use it for anything you want, but you should be careful when using bitcoin for traveling.
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:14:15 PM

With increasing numbers of ATMs, it will become increasingly common. Negotiating p2p will still probably be better for rates and prices, but ATM will be important to provide a guarantee and emergency facilities. Now, something that should already be increasingly common in tourist attractions is Bitcoin's own acceptance as a currency. Unfortunately it seems that we have stagnated and the number of businesses does not grow in the same proportion as before.

One simple thing is anywhere, in any situation ask:
  Do you accept Bitcoin?
Veterock

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:39:49 PM

You've made a great trip! Glad you could do it using bitcoin! It's incredible!
miyong

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:20:49 PM

With bitcoin it's very convenient to travel and I want to earn a lot of coins to be able to try to do it. It is only necessary to choose those countries in which it is not prohibited.

Part of my goal is to travel with the help of bitcoin.  After studying i am hoping that i can do it someday.  I am doing my best to achieve it and bitcoin is a big help so i can reach my goals.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
Dne work

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:25:54 PM

What a great journey. Saved $305 from credit card fees and Fiat exchanges is fantastic. Thanks for share your experience. But still confuse on how you found the way to doing that.

Probably can not try it right now because I still do not have enough bitcoin to travel to some country with bitcoin. are you serious with 1.9 bitcoin? even I still have not one bitcoin intact. even i thought i would be hard to find a local bitcoin. You've spent your bitcoin in a great way by using it to travel to two countries. I think it's a good story and should be published to a crypto news website like cointelegraph.com so others can see how Bitcoin can really be used outside of the investment instrument. Perhaps others who will read this will travel the same and actually documenting and posting it on social media so that it can be seen by millions of other bitcoin fans.
s2sallbygrace

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:53:13 AM

I love your story. This is a solid proof that we can rely on Bitcoin where ever we are, whenever we ran out of cash. No wonder you enjoyed your vacation because you get to save some money at the same time. Nice story to share with other people, really inspiring.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: