Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 02:38:39 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think we should enforce a vote or poll for new coin announcements?
Yes - 76 (47.8%)
No - 46 (28.9%)
I would be interested in discussing other alternatives. - 17 (10.7%)
I don't care about this subforum enough to be bothered - 20 (12.6%)
Total Voters: 159

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A solution to the crapcoin announcements  (Read 3110 times)
barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 07:41:10 AM

It would be a good thing for Developers to explain was is different about the new coin and even if the community will benefit or even need it.

If its just an exact clone of another coin then what is the point.

This could help to filter the new coin ideas and give us a new breed of innovation and as opposed to stagnation with new Cryptocoins.

search for antimatter coin and Noirbits, those ideas are different, but this forum seems to prefer clones.
naphto

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:05:09 AM

It would be a good thing for Developers to explain was is different about the new coin and even if the community will benefit or even need it.

If its just an exact clone of another coin then what is the point.

This could help to filter the new coin ideas and give us a new breed of innovation and as opposed to stagnation with new Cryptocoins.

The point is to make money
R-T-B

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:24:57 AM

Yes, a lot of these coins basically amount to "crapcoins," but on the off chance one of them discovers something innovative, they should all be allowed.  They really aren't hurting anyone, and I don't get where this logic comes from.  If you don't like it, don't read the post, and don't mine it.

The point is to make money

For some people yes, but it isn't (and shouldn't be, IMO) that simple.
muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:37:55 AM

It s a forum, not a dictatorship. If you dont like forums dont visit them FFS. The very fact you were allowed to post this question is the very fact anyone can post an announce. Grow up.
Mr.V

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 09:00:03 AM

This aint a democracy either, why the hell should I need a majority vote to post an announcement...This thread is pointless

BTC:1NwEE7C2hVLSNGwSrFvsYgTrKddCvfhRwY
fendlestick

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 09:02:23 AM

I am sure www.cryptocointalk.com would be happy for any Alt ANN you want to throw their way.  This is the alt sub tho...

20% OFF All Bondage - www.cryptosextoys.com
Affiliates Get 10% - Join
ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 01:55:44 PM
Last edit: January 01, 2015, 04:25:05 PM by ny2cafuse

The fact that people voted yes on this poll shows that the issue is something to be looked at.  Mind you, nuking threads from orbit may be a bit extreme.  At the time of posting there were already a ton of threads begging for the crapcoins to stop.  I was fed up and that's why I posted this topic.  In my own defense, I did include an option in the poll for "I would like to discuss other alternatives".  I openly said I would like to hear other solutions.  Then there was then a lull of crapcoin threads, and everyone said, "oh here's the end".  But it wasn't the end.  At the time of this post, there are 4 seperate threads on the front page about Pheonixcoins by JohnCar, all that could be consolidated, or deleted for all I care.  Sexcoin is still on the front page and has been for a few days, but let's be honest... how legitimate will sexcoin, or pheonixcoin, or even feathercoin be in the eyes of anyone when someone finally says, "we should adopt this system for worldwide commerce".  I know the US government isn't going to recognize them, that's for damn sure.

After all, making money is well and good... but that's not what it's all about.  I believe in BTC and what it was created for.  I also believe in LTC for smaller transactions, and as a secondary form of currency directly tied to BTC... like paper bills and change.  I also like YAC in that it brought a pretty fresh idea to the table with a changing equation factor... I thought that was a great idea, so I mine it with my CPUs.  But the crapcoins now are all about greed.  Greed is what made this subforum what it is now.  People trying to premine crapcoins and pump out as many as possible to try to make a quick buck off of everyone killed it for me.  I agree that forums should be a place to spread ideas, discuss possible innovations and philosophize about what the future should be.  So spread NEW ideas.  Reinventing the wheel and coming up with another wheel is just plain stupid.

ncr1pt0r, I know what censorship is... I don't need your moronic post to a dictionary to tell me.  Honestly, man... bring something worthwhile to this discussion or GTFO.  Again, I already said that I would be happy with an ignore thread option.  I will gladly moderate my own list of what shows up on my end... just give me the ability to do so.

Community > Devs
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 02:04:30 PM

I agree with you, something needs to be done. This is just huting the system overall!

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 02:05:55 PM

I agree with you, something needs to be done. This is just huting the system overall!

So we should just keep goldcoin on this forum? Let the market work it out.
aa

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

Litecoin is right coin

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 10:08:42 PM

The simplest solution is to have enough people ignore the accounts of the people releasing these shitcoins and then nobody will take them seriously (even more so).

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=239299

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: