Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:42:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which Distribution Plan would you like to see for Bitcore(BTX) on Oct 30th?  (Voting closed: October 28, 2017, 07:56:33 PM)
Dev's Distribution Model - 12 (7.8%)
Hybrid Distribution Model - 12 (7.8%)
Dev's Plan+10% Weekly Airdrops - 29 (19%)
Dev's Plan+Inremental increase in weekly Airdrops - 57 (37.3%)
Continuing 3% airdrops until fully distributed - 43 (28.1%)
Total Voters: 153

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Poll for BTX Distribution-Oct 30th  (Read 5199 times)
crypt0kid

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 05:02:53 AM

I like both plan #1 and plan #4.

Regarding #4 I would suggest a declining increase of weekly airdrops, like + 3% + sqrt(week number), so for example
  • initial drop = + 3%
  • first week = 3% + sqrt(1) = 4%
  • second week = 3% + sqrt(2) = 4,41%
  • third week = 3% + sqrt(3) = 4,73%
and so on... (might make a spreadsheet for this one). The reason beeing with continouus +1% additions, we will be way over 10% after only 2 months, and every week even more, which would end the modl very soon and could come off as unfair for new investors that missed out on the drops.

Also I wouldn't really decrease the big drop to 15%, many people that are not as active to read all the updates all the time but just heared about the 25% plan could be disappointed. I don't consider this a huge problem, though.

One final note: I think the BTC -> BTX plan is crucial for the mid term. It may sound like peanuts for some of larger BTX holders, but could help generate thousands+ new Bitcore users, especially if we see prices of $10+ again (which seems like a psychological hurdle for me).

That one is Crypt0kid's proposal and I think what he meant was that for the whole month the weekly percentage would be the same. For example month 1 it would be 3% and then Month 2 it would be 4% or some variation of that.

Gwestcot, great job of putting together the poll! As Gwestcot just mentioned, my idea was to for example pay 5% for the entire month of November and every Monday in the month of November everyone holding Bitcore would receive 5%. The next month being December, the airdrop % would be increased for example to 6% and every Monday in the December Bitcore holders would receive that new percentage for the entire month. In January, that percentage would again be increased to maybe 8% and for the entire month of January, Bitcore investors would receive an 8% airdrop and so on until the coins are fully distributed. The percentage is fixed for each month and the next month the percentage gets increased. That was the ideas behind the incremental increase. 

Get the hottest crypto on MXC: https://www.mxc.ai/auth/signup?inviteCode=13rup
Dubrovin

Activity: 323
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 12:39:14 PM

Dev's Plan+10% Weekly Airdrops
genopark

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:18:55 PM

still a newb  Sad
levelten

Activity: 184

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:39:28 AM

I like plan #4.
bongmaphieubac

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:42:31 AM

everyone liked #4 and now every altcoin have same plan .
4. Dev's Plan with an incremental increase in weekly Airdrops
romec1701

Activity: 157

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:39:56 AM

My vote goes for #4.

The only issue is I dont like the BTC snapshot part of the plan (just the rich getting richer), but I understand its value in growing the community.
I think the minimum 10BTX requirement should stay though. If people dont have that much from free drops they should BUY it, just like I did.

mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:30:33 PM

I think the main reason here is to know the real number of people that are actually interested and holding this coin long term, I will definitely go with the developer's plan, because he is the one that has the most interest in this project others are just stakeholders
candymimi007

Activity: 244

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 09:09:42 PM

I'd like to choose 4.

25% is a little higher, I think 15% is good. And we need increasing the airdrops speed to spread all the coins. So 4 might be good.

"4. Dev's Plan with an incremental increase in weekly Airdrops "

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
starskey

Activity: 134

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 10:05:42 PM

am with Dev's Plan+10% Weekly Airdrops

The less you can give a shock to the market, the better it is , consistence is the key for price stability and steady growth.

cryptoGEEKS ----- Blockchain solutions ----- www.cryptogeeks.eu
COIN LTD

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:56:34 AM

option 4
xarix

Activity: 88

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:28:12 AM

Tempted to vote for #3 but doesn't quite tick all the boxes.

All of the choices are pretty much the same so i wonder why a model with decreasing rewards hasn't been proposed?

If you want fast and effective distribution while keeping the price stable one must be motivated to both buy and HODL,the 25% airdrop does the job of distribution pretty well,but what after?

Let's say there was a model where after the 25% airdrop we would get up to 15% weekly airdrops for a month or so,with diminishing return curve (say something like 8% for bigger holders) in favor of smaller holders so everyone has incentive to buy,mine and hold...

It's probably too late to polish all this,but from a marketing perspective it's always better to hold something which would be rarrer in the future.

Sorry for my English and please share your thoughts!
crypt0kid

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 04:35:15 PM

Tempted to vote for #3 but doesn't quite tick all the boxes.

All of the choices are pretty much the same so i wonder why a model with decreasing rewards hasn't been proposed?

If you want fast and effective distribution while keeping the price stable one must be motivated to both buy and HODL,the 25% airdrop does the job of distribution pretty well,but what after?

Let's say there was a model where after the 25% airdrop we would get up to 15% weekly airdrops for a month or so,with diminishing return curve (say something like 8% for bigger holders) in favor of smaller holders so everyone has incentive to buy,mine and hold...

It's probably too late to polish all this,but from a marketing perspective it's always better to hold something which would be rarrer in the future.

Sorry for my English and please share your thoughts!

That's a crazy proposal. Your numbers are way too high. Bitcore would dump to less than $1 if your plan was chosen.

crypt0kid

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 04:37:23 PM

My vote goes for #4.

The only issue is I dont like the BTC snapshot part of the plan (just the rich getting richer), but I understand its value in growing the community.
I think the minimum 10BTX requirement should stay though. If people dont have that much from free drops they should BUY it, just like I did.

I agree with you that the 10 BTX requirement should remain. If people have to work for something, they'll appreciate it more. If they don't, they will simply cash out as soon as possible.  I think that the 10 BTX requirement should remain.

crypt0kid

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 04:40:35 PM

Gwestcot,
Did you notice that the 10 BTX requirement will be removed at the end of October? What are your thoughts about this? I think that it should remain and I don't believe that I'm alone in this thought.

uscoin1

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:05:28 PM

why is there a new re-vote?  I thought folks already voted and favoring hybrid plan from before this new added questions.
walou

Activity: 131

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 02:55:20 AM

I vote for:
3. Dev's Plan+10% Weekly Airdrops

pisti

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 03:13:24 PM