Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:47:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Leverj releases technical paper for High-Speed Non-Custodial trading  (Read 663 times)
velo_coinpit (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 08:28:42 PM

Announcing high-speed non-custodial trading with Ethereum

The race for decentralization is really a conflict of tradeoffs between user experience and safety. Decentralized protocols such as 0xproject and Airswap err on the side of safety, while centralized exchanges err on the side of usability and economics. The market has certainly favored the latter as decentralized protocols have only captured marginal volume.

The technical issues with on-chain order-books and order-matching are well documented in many places. However, the real issues are economic. Trading on exchanges with on-chain matching is simply a losing proposition for many reasons. For example, any system where cancellations require an on-chain transaction are not feasible for market making. When the price moves fast, orders need to be cancelled and moved repeatedly with millisecond resolution to avoid being filled at severe disadvantage. Market making only works because razor thin margins over millions of transactions accumulate profit. Lags due to blockchain events and congestion attacks would mean a single day can undo the profits of many months.

We analyze this and other issues of current decentralized exchanges and present a protocol with the best of both centralized and decentralized approaches.

The Leverj protocol centralizes speed-critical functions and decentralizes safety-critical functions. Users can use fraud-proofs to detect violations and notify the smart contract that holds custody of user funds.

We invite the public and the best crypto minds to analyze the protocol and help us make it as secure as possible.
from https://blog.leverj.io/announcing-high-speed-non-custodial-trading-with-ethereum-a0e9159e96cd

Read the Protocol Paper Here

Velo, Leverj Community Manager

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
halorose

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:00:28 AM

what's the rewards of  analyzing the protocol and help you guys make it as secure as possible
rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:36:41 AM

this project seems good, and has a big community in telegram. it's better to make ANN Thread with beautiful graphics, do you need a help for that?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
velo_coinpit (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2017, 01:44:29 AM

what's the rewards of  analyzing the protocol and help you guys make it as secure as possible

A more perfect exchange to trade on Smiley

velo_coinpit (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2017, 08:14:08 PM

this project seems good, and has a big community in telegram. it's better to make ANN Thread with beautiful graphics, do you need a help for that?

Official ANN thread for token sale coming soon.

daniweb

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:57:53 PM

Anyone thinking of investing in Leverj? Plenty of hype but honestly not sure so would value any experienced advice.
Spl3en

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:49:10 PM

Anyone thinking of investing in Leverj? Plenty of hype but honestly not sure so would value any experienced advice.

I've invested in LeverJ already, so I'm already over the thinking process, but I may discuss it with you anyway Smiley
I'm not sure what hype you are talking about, as the interest seem to be quite normal but definitely not over-hyped, compared to some recent ICOs (I'm looking at you Enigma, Request Network, Aventus, Ripio, ...).
I would even say it is quite under-hyped. Such expertise coming from the team isn't highlighted enough by the community, and the final product will definitely be useful to thousands of people.
Let's be honest, it won't be a 10000% RoI in the first few months, but it is definitely a good project with a serious team that, I believe, will grow strong progressively.
Getting early in the ICO in order to get some LEV, and start staking them right from the beginning is a nice long term strategy in my opinion, as you will accumulate something that will be very useful whenever the product reaches mass adoption (look at how BNB and KCS were successful).

Anyway, if you have any question, feel free to ask them here.
Please note that I may not be the best for answering to technical questions, I think the team is better than me for this lol, they are really helpful on their Telegram.
They literally answer to *all* questions, it's quite awesome. (https://t.me/leverj).
But I can give you some insights about leverj investment-wise - at least, give you my humble point of view.
CryptoGorilla

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 03:54:25 PM

Official ANN thread for token sale coming soon.

Where is the officialANN-thread?

Is it this one https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2258761.0 because it is very quiet...

Join the Oyster Revolution!
Oyster enables anonymous file storage and traffic monetization.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: