Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:18:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why moderators do nothing with scammers?  (Read 282 times)
cryptocurrenciesboom (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 12

The Pure Proof-of-Tansaction [POT]

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 10:04:31 PM

And why do some people have red trust, but after some time it again neutral?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jimger

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 10:22:50 PM

Probably because you can have positive and negative feedback? Not sure though...
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 10:25:43 PM

Post an example, because I have seen no one who has that happened to them unless it was that the original feedback sender who was in DT2 only posted temporary feedback and then removed it. Other than that, the only possible reasons I can think of are that the person who posted the negative feedback used to be in the trusted list but no longer is (which does not happen often) or that you personally changed your own trust list, which would adjust all the calculations in the forums to match your list and not the default trust one.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
Daniel 777

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:15:51 AM

you must be smart and use escrow

moderators work it to make escrow service and detect spammers (red trust)

why some back to neutral Because your untrust will never effect in other accounts only green turst with more than +1 will effect
cryptocurrenciesboom (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 12

The Pure Proof-of-Tansaction [POT]

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:43:00 AM

you must be smart and use escrow

moderators work it to make escrow service and detect spammers (red trust)

why some back to neutral Because your untrust will never effect in other accounts only green turst with more than +1 will effect

Yes, I know, but escrow - only my security...

Here we have to much scammers, and I think the moderators can ban them and delete post, but now I see scammers bump post, and another people lose money, again and again...

So we need someone who can check scammers all time, and who can mark them... we must warn people...

7jaka7

Activity: 628
Merit: 276

BTC, ETH, XMR, LTC

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:52:17 PM

There are scammers all around us even in real world. I think that existing trust system on this forum is good. Everyone can see your ''trust'' and they are warned with this. Then it's up to any individual person to make a deal with someone with bad trust.

I believe that someone can delete bad trust mark if problem was solved and this results in gaining neutral trust again.

SECURE YOUR CRYPTO ASSETS | GET SOME FREE SATOSHI'S | TRADE ON BINANCE 
Disclaimer: All links are affiliate/refferal! Thank you for using them! Smiley
100bitcoin

Activity: 858
Merit: 423

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 09:07:35 PM

Example please...

The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 6751

Proudly Cycling Merits for Foxpup

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:11:14 PM

There are scammers all around us even in real world. I think that existing trust system on this forum is good. Everyone can see your ''trust'' and they are warned with this. Then it's up to any individual person to make a deal with someone with bad trust.

I believe that someone can delete bad trust mark if problem was solved and this results in gaining neutral trust again.
No it isn't.  It's a fucking horrible system where there are no checks and balances, and anyone can leave anyone a neg or positive.  The only good part of it is that you can customize it and take DT off of your list and create your own.  Once you've done that, it can serve a function.

Scammers don't get banned because....who knows.  It makes no sense to me, but people will say "Oh, they'll just scam somewhere else" or "It's too much work and too much ambiguity to ban people".  I don't buy those excuses, and I've seen other forums perform this function just fine.  There are some very obvious scammers here who shouldn't be allowed to operate.  Look at BlackHatForum and see how they run it.

BTC
BTC
 BTC
BTC
..JAMBLER.io..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO
HAVE BITCOIN BUSINESS

██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
  BTC
. BTC

BTC
  BTC
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:38:10 PM

Actually they are doing enough and not even the moderators alone but also some other reputable members of the forum. Its possible to get the account green again if the person can get someone to neutralise it but the onus is on individual to keep him or herself safe on a forum like this.

Most times when scam happens, the victim does not do it the right way. While some are outright stupidity for example someone going into a trade without escrow and with a newbie account others are by high rank member which one can easy fall for.

When there is scam, do it the right way, in the right section when members sees it, they are to act and tag the account especially by DT members the tag will be hard to get rid off unlike normal members of the forum.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: