Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:44:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: To mine or invest?  (Read 4999 times)
Aurelion (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 10:46:48 PM

Hey, total newbie here looking to break into collecting coins lol

What is the most effective way to start?
How much would it cost to build a setup to mine verses just investing?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinboyBlog

Activity: 43

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 12:33:30 AM

I started with just one Antminer S9. It was a pretty good start for me, but might not be good for you. You could also invest in GPU miners.

If you wanted to invest in Bitcoin, I don't have any advice, sorry.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:34:24 AM

The most easiest way is just to invest in some alts: etherium, waves, wings, monero, dash or others that you will like!
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 02:19:55 PM

For me both method is great, in mining method you need to consider lots of things before you start to build your own mining site like electricity rate in your country, your capital for buying hardwares, place that your mining hardware to be placed but if you can not provide that there is online mining sites or cloud mining but it is too risky than building your own mining site.
I agree that investment is a easiest method to earn money, there is nothing to do just to wait for your profit but it was a risky method also but the return is very huge profit.
coat47

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 03:28:40 PM

It’s depend on your knowledge and the risk that you accept
mining => you must calculate the electricity price, you must buy a very good material (if not, you have some noise and a overheated equipment. Don’t forget the maintenance and the replacement of material.
I prefer use genesys mining even if there is always the risk that they close the contract
The most easier it’s to invest in coin. Of course you must take some news before buy some coin and accept the risk that your coin drop.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:38:43 PM

Both are risky, as the price of crypto itself is unstable and creates the risk in mining. If your electrical cost is below $.10/kWh then mining may be profitable, depending on what algo you mine, what miner you use etc. For Bitcoin, the S/T9, R4, Avalon 7 and Ebit E9 are miners I know off the top of my head that would be profitable at that price range. They are as noisy as a vacuum cleaner running full blast (exception is the out of production R4 which is pretty quiet but unfortunately very unreliable), so if you aren't okay with this BTC mining isn't for you

Investing is also risky, and without research into a project and it's founders you probably won't make very much. With a lot of shitty projects these days designed solely for raising money and running I don't really suggest it anymore.
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:24:56 AM

if your a newbie in the world of cryptocurrency then go on investing because investing is less hassel and dont requires technical knowledge or anything complicated and its way much easier to do compared to mining also mining are costly and expensive so i suggest better go on investing if you want to collect coins as long as you got a good capital to start with then your good to go.
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:33:34 PM

I think the question "to mine or invest" is pretty inaccurate for the following reasons:

1) Mining is also investing because you buy gadgets, software, or hardware premised on the expectation that you can recover what you have invested as operating expenses;

2) Both mining and investing project an assumption that what the business person has invested will most likely be recovered, earning profits therefrom; and,

3) Investing can be considered a verb for mining for all intents and purposes. This is self-explanatory. 
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:09:07 PM

if your a newbie in the world of cryptocurrency then go on investing because investing is less hassel and dont requires technical knowledge or anything complicated and its way much easier to do compared to mining also mining are costly and expensive so i suggest better go on investing if you want to collect coins as long as you got a good capital to start with then your good to go.

He may be fine to invest more amount. If this newbie have a knowledgeable person in mining with him means he can really blood to invest on mining.
I think you are asking him concentrate on altcoin buying but you will not able to expect the profit in all the times with the altcoin but altcoin mining is seems profitable for Monero and Zcash now.
BitTeo

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 11:43:40 AM

Mining is good for gamers , they already have hardware available ( GPU fast ) .

But not a gamers i think the best is investing .
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 12:28:54 PM

Mining is good for gamers , they already have hardware available ( GPU fast ) .

But not a gamers i think the best is investing .
That’s way too general of a statement. If your card isn’t latest generation AMD or Nvidia, mining profits will be minimal and most people won’t even bother mining with the small profits available right now for mining. This also delves into Altcoin mining which should be in the other part of the forum. It’s impossible to mine Bitcoin with GPUs as it stands today and this probably won’t change for a long time.
Prince Jhay

Activity: 30

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 10:33:53 PM

For me. Investent is better than mining. Because in investment is more legit than mining. Im not saying that all minings are not legit or scam. But most of them are fake they will just scam you. Also in investment there is also a not legit. But in investment you can a sure that you can get more profite.
Joshapat

Activity: 1526
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 10:45:11 AM

For me. Investent is better than mining. Because in investment is more legit than mining. Im not saying that all minings are not legit or scam. But most of them are fake they will just scam you. Also in investment there is also a not legit. But in investment you can a sure that you can get more profite.
Invest can not provide certainty, maybe most profit but not a few losers, I recommend for mining because bitcoin prices are rising, I've been mining for 3 years and in this year is very profitable and I will continue to add more.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

reliable

Activity: 868
Merit: 151

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 05:38:56 PM

Invest can not provide certainty, maybe most profit but not a few losers, I recommend for mining because bitcoin prices are rising, I've been mining for 3 years and in this year is very profitable and I will continue to add more.

It will depend upon which country you live, electricity cost , equipment cost etc. Is it feasible to mine and what is the Break even point. Due to high electricity cost in various countries people do not prefer to mine, instead they prefer to invest or do trading which will provide them the better profits.

nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 05:46:46 PM

I assume that when you said "investing" you are talking about investing in cloud mining versus setup your own mining rig. If you have access to free or at least cheap electricity then mining your own coins is good for you, but you have to consider having a partner in running your mining farm because you can't do it alone if you plan to run it 24/7.

Cloud Mining is tricky because aside from qualifying which one is legit and which one is just ponzi, you have to consider the ROI. Hashnest is related to Bitmain but it doesnt mean they are legit however ROI there is very long.
pjmis

Activity: 43

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 08:15:52 PM

Well, the answer is simple. Without proper execution you will be sitting loosing money, like all business. But, this is not just any business. This is one of the most risky investments on planet earth. If not done right, you will be loosing money, and possibly a lot of it. Just invest into bitcoin, litecoin, altcoins, new coins. One guy made millions doing it. 
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 06:39:48 AM

Well, the answer is simple. Without proper execution you will be sitting loosing money, like all business. But, this is not just any business. This is one of the most risky investments on planet earth. If not done right, you will be loosing money, and possibly a lot of it. Just invest into bitcoin, litecoin, altcoins, new coins. One guy made millions doing it. 
The initial capital we have to do is learn what we do. If we want to do mining then learn mining is very important. Because in the absence of knowledge then we will not get satisfactory results. In fact we could have a loss and also will not get anything. Mining is not easy and simple, there must be skill, analysis and experience that can make the results that we get much better. So if you want to do mining then think and look as good as possible, do not be sorry when you fail in your decision.
The Rose Rain

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:32:16 AM

i f you are a newbie, i think you can invest the, altcoins, you can make a small bucket of altcoins.
rockie2000

Activity: 126

Waves address 3PP4npcijfECsxrf4Ms4rSxPuZq1kamGn7H

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:44:41 AM

For me both method is great, in mining method you need to consider lots of things before you start to build your own mining site like electricity rate in your country, your capital for buying hardwares, place that your mining hardware to be placed but if you can not provide that there is online mining sites or cloud mining but it is too risky than building your own mining site.
I agree that investment is a easiest method to earn money, there is nothing to do just to wait for your profit but it was a risky method also but the return is very huge profit.

I agree with you on this, both method is great. Mining may earn less but it is stable and somehow predictable while investing is not for the faint-hearted Smiley

Invest wisely, small step at a time and learn from there. Don't put all eggs in one basket Smiley

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▶▶▶▶ Get Your Free Tokens Now ◀◀◀◀  First PoS Smart Contract Token
    PoSToken       Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
jheipee19

Activity: 337
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:30:34 AM

i can suggest but i never said that it is right to do. This is only my opinion if you want to mine i prefer under 20M market cap because later it will be more profitable to trade or exchange. Then invest if you can afford to lose what you invest. Before getting into it you need to read a lot of things like when did they start , is there any good reviews all of this you might consider.. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: