Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is that truth
Yes - 7 (22.6%)
No - 24 (77.4%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin ban in South Korea  (Read 1585 times)
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:04:40 PM

Easy, dude? South Korea recently banned ICOs but they never banned bitcoin.
I don't why some guys are always confuse the difference between bitcoin and ICO.
Next time whenever you heard something new about bitcoin related news use Google to confirm, please.  
criminalbee

Activity: 26
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:08:12 PM

I have recently heard that after China Now South Korea Ban Bitcoin too...is that truth???
 If banned then What's the future of BTC now?  
It's not bitcoin that is going to ban, it is ICO's. In case South Korea and China would ban bitcoin, it  will still grow. There would be a deep in price but it will grow again.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:08:53 PM

South Korea has not banned bitcoin the release I read is about the banning of ICOs and the regulation of exchange sites other than that, nothing else is in the pipeline. Howe'er, only a super power like China in bitcoin should talk about banning bitcoin and we should be worried. By getting worried of South Korea notification will start giving the authorities over there that they also have some level of control over the .market in which they could equally exploit.
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:42:40 PM

South Korea has not banned bitcoin the release I read is about the banning of ICOs and the regulation of exchange sites other than that, nothing else is in the pipeline. Howe'er, only a super power like China in bitcoin should talk about banning bitcoin and we should be worried. By getting worried of South Korea notification will start giving the authorities over there that they also have some level of control over the .market in which they could equally exploit.
I don't think China is going to ban Bitcoin. It is just exchange and ICO ban. Regarding being worried, I don't think we should give China enough importance to have any impact on the market as Bitcoin is global currency and can very survive without China. Market is already over it. I think the exchange ban is closely related to China's release of national cryptocurrency which will be the only way to convert fiat to cryptocurrencies instead of exchanges to give government control over inflow and outflow of money. This is all what Chinese government want to achieve.
OrangeSeller

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:15:42 PM

yes, after china, North korea has banned ICOs. however both allow exchange fro coin to coin.
Guys Don't you worry!!!
On the other hand japan has officially recognized bitcoin as legal currency, Australia followed suit.
Russian market is as well appreciating bitcoin warmly.
Bitcoin will reamin high valued digital currency upcoming year and year after.
pginvest

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:31:39 PM

Yes, I think from what i understand here its ICO and particularly scam ICO's in addition to hacking from North Korea are the problem for the South Koreans. Its not a ban or Bitcoin. I think many of the asian countries are actually strongly in favour of BTC.

Am I spamming? Report me!
Zero.X

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2017, 11:05:58 PM

I think's quite a shame for China and S.Korea to not have joined in on the ICO game.

There were huge opportunities for both these countries to become major players in the ICO community, but I won't be surprised when they decide to change their minds a few years later. But hey, I guess Japan will have to take the lead for now.
BitcoinMuscle

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:11:06 PM

I have recently heard that after China Now South Korea Ban Bitcoin too...is that truth???
South Korea or any other country cant ban bitcoin. It is impossible since they dont have any control to bitcoin.
Bitcoin is stored in thousands of wallets online and offline, how can they ban it and even if they would do that it is very hard to discover if someone use bitcoin in your country. It would be a waste of time for nothing. Anyway people will use bitcoin even if it is banned in usa or china
jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:12:40 PM

South Korea is known for new technology and banning bitcoin can be the stupidest move ever!
This is false advertising!
crazyphoenix

Activity: 26
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 12:02:29 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 09:29:41 AM by crazyphoenix

China and South Korea are not banning bitcoin, they just  want to regulate it in order  not to be used in money laundering activities and prevent  scam ICO's.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:36:04 AM

China and South Korea are not banning bitcoin, at they just don't want to regulate it in order  not to be used in money laundering activities and prevent  scam ICO's.
That is right, that is why they are banning the ICO in china because they know that ICO may become a source of scam projects and cases in their country since the cryptocurrencies are decentralized so the government can't do anything if there will be a scam ICO so they are trying to regulate it as soon as possible so the crimes and scams will be avoided.
Jose Mourinho

Activity: 541
Merit: 250

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:49:33 AM

China and South Korea are not banning bitcoin, at they just don't want to regulate it in order  not to be used in money laundering activities and prevent  scam ICO's.
Yes, they are not banned completely, china and south korea are banned bitcoin for regular tax-related transactions, china and south korea say bitcoin is a commodity that is free to use.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
loopes

Activity: 952
Merit: 323

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:57:48 AM

There is a big difference between shutting down of ICO and ban on Bitcoin. Everyone is going crazy after the news came from South Korea that that they will shut down the ICO, but most of the people think that then Bitcoin is also put to ban in the two countries. Neither China nor South Korea has ban the use of Bitcoin is it just shutting down of ICO
you've got right point. most people who don't understand will think Korea banning bitcoin instead of ICO activities.
South Korea's financial regulator has prohibited domestic companies and startups from participating in any ICOs (initial coin offerings) so bitcoin didn't  prohibit at now

|||
IDO PARTNER
▄▄▄▀▀▀██▄▄
████▀▀░▀███
███▌████▐███
███▌████████▌
███▌█████████
███▌█████████
███▌████▐███▌
▄▄▄▄▄█▀░███▀
▀▀██▀▄██▀▀
DAOStarter
IEO PARTNER
▄███▄
▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
██░░░░░░▀▀
██░░▀██▄▄░░
▀██▄▄▀▀██▄
░░▀▀██▄░░██
▄▄░░░░░░██
▀██▄▄▄▄██▀
▀███▀
Coinstore
LISTING
██▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀█
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▐▐▌
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▌█
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█▄
███▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▀█▐▌
██▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄░░▐██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█▄▀
░▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀

▄███▄░▄███▄
▄██████████▄
▄█████████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▀███████████████▀
BitMart
MEXC
DEX PARTNERS

░▀▄░█▀▀▄▄▄
░▀▄▀████▀███▄
██▀██████▄▄▄▄▀
███░░▀████▀▀██▄
▄█████████░█▄░▀
█▀█▄███▀▀█████
▀▀▀░▀█▀▀▄████
██████▀░▀▄

█████▄▄▄▄▀
██▄▀█████▀░░▄▄
░▀█▄████▀███▄▀▀
▀█▄▀▀█▀█▀▄░▀████▀
█▄██▄░▀▄▀▄▀██▀▀
██▀▀
UNISWAP
LobsterSwap
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 02:09:37 AM

South Korea did not ban Bitcoin. They recently however decided to ban ICOs. This doesn't come as much of a surprise seeing that ICOs are unregulated but in truth aren't really different to IPOs. Plenty of new coins were being developed overnight and trying to maximise on the profits they could raise from ICOs so in truth it was probably a smart move.

Obviously, here the news about Korean ban Initial Coin Offering (ICO) : https://news.bitcoin.com/south-korea-bans-initial-coin-offerings/
South Korea’s Financial Services Commission has announced that all initial coin offerings (ICOs) will be banned in the country.
All kinds of initial coin offerings (ICO) will be banned as trading of virtual currencies needs to be tightly controlled and monitored.

Just like China regulators have did before, banned all ICO due to unregulated and uncontrolled crowd funding will lead to great loss for investors.
But, it's doesn't mean they ban Bitcoin, two different things because ICO is presale of altcoins or tokens.
What people should know is bitcoin is growing rapidly in South Korea, some news about it : https://news.bitcoin.com/south-korea-takes-steps-to-regulate-digital-currencies/ - https://news.bitcoin.com/south-korea-prepares-bill-to-provide-legal-framework-for-cryptocurrencies/
And look at Bithumb (Korean exchanges) trading volume $228,390,760 ; https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/volume/24-hour/ Big 3 after Bitfinex and Bittrex
maulana rifai

Activity: 331

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 02:25:01 AM

it is yesterday the Chinese state forbids bitcoin and I do not know korea country also wants to ban bitcoin, if true maybe all this will affect the price of bitcoin down again.
Haesoo

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 02:36:52 AM

Correct. Bitcoin and ICO are not directly connected to each other. These countries just wanna be safe and prevent frauds to happen in their country. Yes China uses also that opportunity to create fuds so they can buy in cheap price while South Korea is just being quiet about this. Maybe they don't want to others go panic so the price won't get affected. And we're now experiencing a rise in the first day of this month and hope it just continue to bounce back again.
r1nd3m1r4

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 02:46:03 AM

South Korea has decided to ban the practice of an initial coin offering (ICO) or a Bitcoin prime offer. Prohibition is done because the practice is feared as a speculative investment that will have a negative impact.
www.kompas.com
the state of bitcoin will get worse if more and more countries are banning ICO bitcoin
romecheo

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:29:37 AM

it was often, misnomers Bitcoin as ICO, perhaps, when people hear about crypto currencies, the first thing come to their mind was Bitcoin.

I haven't see any problem on banning the ICO, both China and South Korea are wanted to regulate the ICO, and it was a good thing.

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:42:36 AM

Correct. Bitcoin and ICO are not directly connected to each other. These countries just wanna be safe and prevent frauds to happen in their country. Yes China uses also that opportunity to create fuds so they can buy in cheap price while South Korea is just being quiet about this. Maybe they don't want to others go panic so the price won't get affected. And we're now experiencing a rise in the first day of this month and hope it just continue to bounce back again.

When a country banned ICO's then there will be a rumor that bitcoin will be banned too in that country.  Imo...news like this could be spread by people who want to take advantage of the bitcoin holders' panic. Their hope when there is panic then the price will go down and that's when the news spreaders will start buying bitcoin at a cheaper price.

kanayaTabitha

Activity: 980
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:31:34 AM

I think that's not true news. because there is no certainty and there is no news spread. if indeed there is news please give me the information where you see. no hoax
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: