Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is that truth
Yes - 7 (22.6%)
No - 24 (77.4%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin ban in South Korea  (Read 1585 times)
Rabby637 (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:24:57 PM

I have recently heard that after China Now South Korea Ban Bitcoin too...is that truth???
 If banned then What's the future of BTC now?  
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:29:19 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2017, 08:14:30 AM by AT101ET

South Korea did not ban Bitcoin. They recently however decided to ban ICOs. This doesn't come as much of a surprise seeing that ICOs are unregulated but in truth aren't really different to IPOs. Plenty of new coins were being developed overnight and trying to maximise on the profits they could raise from ICOs so in truth it was probably a smart move.
senne

Activity: 1078
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:30:52 PM

There is a big difference between shutting down of ICO and ban on Bitcoin. Everyone is going crazy after the news came from South Korea that that they will shut down the ICO, but most of the people think that then Bitcoin is also put to ban in the two countries. Neither China nor South Korea has ban the use of Bitcoin is it just shutting down of ICO
Hasbro27

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:35:19 PM

I have recently heard that after China Now South Korea Ban Bitcoin too...is that truth???
which I read from the news that south korea saving ICO and use crypto currancy for sale. and also Singapore. and singapore banks are forbidden to serve crypto money. This usually affects the reduction of bitcoin prices.
rebel92

Activity: 616
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:40:20 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2017, 11:56:58 PM by rebel92

We don't know if South Korea may end up banning ICOs altogether. If so, then the market may go down a bit which would create a great buying opportunity.
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:40:48 PM

The future of bitcoin in S. Korea would look pretty damn bleak.  As for the rest of the world,
it would be business as usual.  Don't know how important that country's economy is to the
rest of the globe, but I suspect if they did ban it, not much would happen.  Hell, didn't Russia
ban bitcoin?  It survived.  Bitcoin has survived all sorts of negativity and thrived in the face of
it.  Whatever S. Korea does is just kind of a passing phase.  And even if it were true, nothing
is written in stone just yet.  Most countries haven't even figured out if they're going to
regulate crypto or how to do it.  Some haven't even considered crypto at all.

Don't let it worry your pretty little head, darling.
muncuss

Activity: 656
Merit: 101

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:45:51 PM

They ban ICO (and margin trading? from what i read). I didn't see down price, mean it's good (what they did is really good i think). Cryptocurrency will have healthier grow, no scam ICO stealing people money.
Then, will Japan ban ICO too?

seanskie18

Activity: 370

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:56:03 PM

Bitcoin didn't ban in south korea as i read the news about this situation however they decided to ban ICO but don't worry because they know what they doing to fix this problem fast.

pginvest

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 12:18:19 AM

South Korea are trying to regulate the market, the first rumors were a ban, then it emerged that they were taking a more measured approach. Their action apparently was triggered by 2 events, the first was growing concern that many regular people were getting scammed by unscrupulous ICO's and the second was a hacking attempt by North Korea - the target was a Bitcoin heist. I haven't heard whether they were successful or not.

Am I spamming? Report me!
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 12:20:24 AM

I can say that it is all FUD like in China, they are just trying to get the price of bitcoin to a lower price and if you read some articles or news before, they already legalized bitcoin and that is why the price of bitcoin goes up from the past months and if you will have a good thinking, then you will not believe in banning bitcoin in south korea.
jets567

Activity: 1008
Merit: 511

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 12:49:45 AM

So the south koreans want a shopping spree too?, Let's wait for the Oct. 10 and see the bulls run. I don't believe that china doesn't wanna a single piece of the cryto, given in any place when a person shouts "MONEY" the chinese chinky eyes turned ito Owl's eye all of a sudden.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:49:26 AM

This is a touch fuddish Wink

They didnt ban any specific coin, just the creation and operation of initial coin offerings. And only domestic ones at that, I dont remember reading guidance about citizens not being able to participate in foreign ICOs (most likely they made a scam warning). Not sure if they will shutter exchanges like China, but at the least they will most likely improve the AML/KYC reporting requirements (an essential if you are dealing with money on this scale, esp across borders). This is unfortunate, but a required growing pain that we must endure.

We will be better for it Wink
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 8172

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:52:41 AM

So the south koreans want a shopping spree too?, Let's wait for the Oct. 10 and see the bulls run. I don't believe that china doesn't wanna a single piece of the cryto, given in any place when a person shouts "MONEY" the chinese chinky eyes turned ito Owl's eye all of a sudden.

Renji Abarai

Activity: 230

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 02:49:38 AM

I can say that it is all FUD like in China, they are just trying to get the price of bitcoin to a lower price and if you read some articles or news before, they already legalized bitcoin and that is why the price of bitcoin goes up from the past months and if you will have a good thinking, then you will not believe in banning bitcoin in south korea.

I think Korea is regulating it and not banning the bitcoin. I read that someone buys Korbit one of the leading exchanges there. I agree that same with China it creates confusion. What is being ban in China is the ICO's... I think the keyword here is "regulate".

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ JOIN WHITELIST ]
▬        ICO  >  May 5th - June 4th        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 02:54:43 AM

Banning or restricting ico's doesn't mean banning bitcoin.
China hasn't banned bitcoin, and I doubt Korea will ban btc.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 03:32:35 AM

South Korea did not ban Bitcoins. They banned ICOs. People should really know the difference.

The article I read also stated that they were only banning local ICOs. ICOs outside South Korea should still be fair game. They probably just want to stop their own people from running scams in the form of ICOs. It's very likely that this will be a temporary ban, for just until they plug up enough holes. It does not deserve the sensationalism it gets.

ngefek berat

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 03:47:17 AM

If the question of banning in korea I also do not really know the right information but until that happens will make the bitcoiner more difficult to find ico program later. I hope this news is just nonsense to try to unsettle people.
Rabby637 (OP)

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 03:57:08 AM

If the question of banning in korea I also do not really know the right information but until that happens will make the bitcoiner more difficult to find ico program later. I hope this news is just nonsense to try to unsettle people.

Hope so i just know about this matter in social media
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 04:05:31 AM

as far as i know in the news, they just banned the ICOs inside the country, due to unregulated risks letting chances for scammers to rip the consumers away. if bitcoin is literally banned in south Korea, then they would probably be criticized with the freedom removal.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
franco123

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 04:06:32 AM

The future of bitcoin in S. Korea would look pretty damn bleak.  As for the rest of the world,
it would be business as usual.  Don't know how important that country's economy is to the
rest of the globe, but I suspect if they did ban it, not much would happen.  Hell, didn't Russia
ban bitcoin?  It survived.  Bitcoin has survived all sorts of negativity and thrived in the face of
it.  Whatever S. Korea does is just kind of a passing phase.  And even if it were true, nothing
is written in stone just yet.  Most countries haven't even figured out if they're going to
regulate crypto or how to do it.  Some haven't even considered crypto at all.

Don't let it worry your pretty little head, darling.

Yes, probably it would not really affecr the world in Bitcoin trading and investment. But I think it may have some sort of effect to the other countries that it can be ban. The government of the different countries might be alarmed that they can alsp ban Bitcoin through their regulations.

And why would they do that? Because of greed and money. They may have more confidence that they could do it because other countries did it. They might see this as an opportunity to seize Bitcoin in the country for the governments wealthy benefit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: