Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:16:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Job Creators Could Fix The Economy (& How Bitcoin can Help)  (Read 2704 times)
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 06:00:54 AM

Really, watch the video. It's only 7 minutes, and it explains all of this with very nice pictures and lovely narration.
Really READ, it takes about 30 seconds to get through what I've written.
Yes, and they are all old arguments that I have heard a bazillion other times from liberals like yourself.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FinShaggy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 06:00:58 AM

What gives you, or anyone else concerned the confidence that you know how to use my money better than myself?

The constitution does. The constitution says that they have the right to PROMOTE welfare, which means they have the right to show you where to put your money.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 06:01:29 AM

Do job creators not deserve their freedom and property protected?

They do, but they also need to see that the money they are making is being made by the workers, and the workers deserve more of it.
Then they should ask for a raise. If they make enough extra money for the job creator that he can afford to give them a raise, they'll get it. Otherwise, they will not.

Really, watch the video. It's only 7 minutes, and it explains all of this with very nice pictures and lovely narration.

BULLSHIT. I used to work for $7.50 an hour working for MY DAD. He made $11,000 every Friday on a SINGLE project I completed.
I asked for a raise and he didn't even fire me, he just stopped giving me hours.
Don't work for your dad?

OR, raise minimum wage to $12 an hour and cut out the bullshit.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 06:05:22 AM

Minimum wage goes up, inflation starts.
The government taxes more to pay the national debt, the rich start hording again. The debt goes down with deflation.

oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 06:05:52 AM

What gives you, or anyone else concerned the confidence that you know how to use my money better than myself?

The constitution does. The constitution says that they have the right to PROMOTE welfare, which means they have the right to show you where to put your money.

"General welfare" can have 1000 interpretations.

I am not even talking about this, I meant I would pay the tax, but since I am forced to help, I will just do the bare minimum that I was told to, and stop giving a damn, so you shouldn't complain why job creators are not fixing the economy.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 06:07:45 AM

They do, but they also need to see that the money they are making is being made by the workers, and the workers deserve more of it.
Then they should ask for a raise. If they make enough extra money for the job creator that he can afford to give them a raise, they'll get it. Otherwise, they will not.

BULLSHIT. I used to work for $7.50 an hour working for MY DAD. He made $11,000 every Friday on a SINGLE project I completed.
I asked for a raise and he didn't even fire me, he just stopped giving me hours.
Don't work for your dad?

At which point, everyone not already getting at least $10/hour gets fired, and everyone else gets to pick up the slack, on shorter hours. Hmm. Doesn't sound fun.

Not to mention what that will do to McDonalds. Good bye dollar menu. Your Big Mac? Yeah, that's gonna cost like, $10. Double cheeseburger? At least $5. And the wait times are gonna suuuuuuck. During peak times, you'll be lucky if there's three people back there making your food.

Sodas will probably still be $1. Maybe not the larges, those were mostly loss-leaders anyway. But the smalls, definitely.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 06:08:44 AM

I am not even talking about this, I meant I would pay the tax, but since I am forced to help, I will just do the bare minimum that I was told to, and stop giving a damn.

You can interpret it 1,000 ways, but the basic easiest one is "Everyone gets to be fairly well off". Not RICH, but ok.

I have suggested this to Myrkul, if you don't like it START A CHARITY and you can help people so they never even need welfare.
And you can get tax breaks.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 06:09:23 AM

Don't work for your dad?

At which point, everyone not already getting at least $10/hour gets fired, and everyone else gets to pick up the slack, on shorter hours. Hmm. Doesn't sound fun.

Not to mention what that will do to McDonalds. Good bye dollar menu. Your Big Mac? Yeah, that's gonna cost like, $10. Double cheeseburger? At least $5. And the wait times are gonna suuuuuuck. During peak times, you'll be lucky if there's three people back there making your food.

Sodas will probably still be $1. Maybe not the larges, those were mostly loss-leaders anyway. But the smalls, definitely.

Did you even READ the post after that one before going off on a rant?

oakpacific

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 06:11:00 AM

I am not even talking about this, I meant I would pay the tax, but since I am forced to help, I will just do the bare minimum that I was told to, and stop giving a damn.

You can interpret it 1,000 ways, but the basic easiest one is "Everyone gets to be fairly well off". Not RICH, but ok.

I have suggested this to Myrkul, if you don't like it START A CHARITY and you can help people so they never even need welfare.

Because the government has already forcibly taken away the money that I was supposed to use to do good? Yeah I can start charities, but if I  run an enterprise how can I get more money to support the charities!

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 06:11:38 AM

Because the government has already forcibly taken away the money that I was supposed to use to do good?

Yeah, to educate your children and yourself. Sorry for that.

oakpacific

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 06:13:37 AM

Because the government has already forcibly taken away the money that I was supposed to use to do good?

Yeah, to educate your children and yourself. Sorry for that.

Wow, it's even more amazing, you not only know how to better spend my money, you also know better than me what's good education for us!

I don't think there is one clause in the U.S Constitution that gives you this kind of confidence this time?

myrkul

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 06:14:23 AM

Did you even READ the post after that one before going off on a rant?

Minimum wage is a minor part of inflation. And it's only seen in some sectors of the economy. Most notably food service, as I showed.

A minimum wage hike would likely do nothing to, say, telecom costs. But inflation still effects those.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 06:16:32 AM

IT'S NOT THAT HARD

Ex of how the economy gets fixed:

Minimum wage skyrockets, bigger than it ever did during bushes administration (ex: $12-15)
Job creators are forced to open their banks, sell stocks, etc (stop hording)
The market flows, but inflation strikes... Job creators want more money now that they have to pay more
BUT THEN the government taxes more (not enough to counter the minimum wage increase), but enough to start to put a dent in the national debt
Job creators freak out and start hoarding again
Inflation eventually stops, and the dollar stabilizes. Due to the hoarding.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 06:17:11 AM

Wow, it's even more amazing, you not only know how to better spend my money, you also know better than me what's good education for us!

I don't think there is one clause in the U.S Constitution that gives you this kind of confidence this time?

There is no clause, it's a fact.

How the fuck do you think public school works?

oakpacific

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 06:22:38 AM

How the f**k do you think education before public school works?

There used to be a time, when the public school system was not that a Holy Grail in the U.S, all people in a small town would get together, in a meeting of some sort, to contribute their own money voluntarily to build a school and employ teachers, what the town government did, was to call the meeting and elaborate its plan about the school, and ask everyone's opinions about it, for all the Americans I have known, people from that era actually are better off in many subjects than Amercian students today....

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 06:23:48 AM

That doesn't matter, I told you what your taxes go to, and you told me to quote the constitution. Whether you like it or not, that's where they go. And if you had it, that's not what you would spend it on.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 06:25:36 AM

IT'S NOT THAT HARD

Minimum wage skyrockets, bigger than it ever did during bushes administration (ex: $12-15)
Stop. Right there. That's the flaw. You assume that job creators are actually hoarding their profits. That's a bad assumption.
Most employers are actually running very slim margins. An extremely high minimum wage would result in mass layoffs, unprecedented unemployment, and essentially strangle the economy. It would drive some employers completely out of business.

oakpacific

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 06:27:18 AM

That doesn't matter, I told you what your taxes go to, and you told me to quote the constitution. Whether you like it or not, that's where they go. And if you had it, that's not what you would spend it on.

Again how do you know? Because 10 guys before me didn't? You know what, they have a fancy word for that kind of attitude-"discrimination". Roll Eyes Not to say that I already showed you in the previous post that a lot of people were willing to spend money exactly where you said they wouldn't.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 06:27:46 AM

IT'S NOT THAT HARD

Stop. Right there. That's the flaw. You assume that job creators are actually hoarding their profits. That's a bad assumption.

NO IT'S NOT. I know for a FACT the Waltons make multi-BILLIONS a year, no one can spend that much, there is nothing to do but invest and hoard it.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 06:34:32 AM

IT'S NOT THAT HARD

NO IT'S NOT. I know for a FACT the Waltons make multi-BILLIONS a year, no one can spend that much, there is nothing to do but invest and hoard it.
So... you take an extreme example (and their income is not Wal-mart's, you're likely grossly overstating their actual income), and extrapolate that down to the McDonald's on the corner. Go in there, and ask to speak with the manager. Ask him what a $12 minimum wage would do to that store. Do the same at the convenience store on the way home. Internalize the fear you see in their eyes when you say "$12 minimum wage."

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: