Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:59:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Job Creators Could Fix The Economy (& How Bitcoin can Help)  (Read 2704 times)
FinShaggy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 06:35:37 AM

And I keep mentioning the Waltons because Wal-Mart is just too perfect of an example, but this also applies to companies like:

Best Buy
Safe Way
McDonalds
and every other company where the individual franchise owner is "well off", while the ACTUAL franchise owner is making WAY too much.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 06:36:35 AM

IT'S NOT THAT HARD

Ex of how the economy gets fixed:

Minimum wage skyrockets, bigger than it ever did during bushes administration (ex: $12-15)
Job creators are forced to open their banks, sell stocks, etc (stop hording)
Stop. Right there. That's the flaw. You assume that job creators are actually hoarding their profits. That's a bad assumption.

NO IT'S NOT. I know for a FACT the Waltons make multi-BILLIONS a year, no one can spend that much, there is nothing to do but invest and hoard it.
So... you take an extreme example (and their income is not Wal-mart's, you're likely grossly overstating their actual income), and extrapolate that down to the McDonald's on the corner. Go in there, and ask to speak with the manager. Ask him what a $12 minimum wage would do to that store. Do the same at the convenience store on the way home. Internalize the fear you see in their eyes when you say "$12 minimum wage."

I JUST told you what it would do. Then I told you what happens next to fix it. PLEASE READ, I don't know how many times I need to say that.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 06:41:33 AM

Did you know the SOLE Heiress to the Wal Mart fortune (I forget her name but you can look her up), has vehicular man slaughter on her record?

BUT NO ONE PRESSED CHARGES. And I bet you anything she was drunk when it happened, but no one pressed charges.

This lady has enough money to KILL someone, and pay the family to not care... And her employees are on welfare.

myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 06:46:46 AM

IT'S NOT THAT HARD

Minimum wage skyrockets, bigger than it ever did during bushes administration (ex: $12-15)
Stop. Right there. That's the flaw. You assume that job creators are actually hoarding their profits. That's a bad assumption.

NO IT'S NOT. I know for a FACT the Waltons make multi-BILLIONS a year, no one can spend that much, there is nothing to do but invest and hoard it.
So... you take an extreme example (and their income is not Wal-mart's, you're likely grossly overstating their actual income), and extrapolate that down to the McDonald's on the corner. Go in there, and ask to speak with the manager. Ask him what a $12 minimum wage would do to that store. Do the same at the convenience store on the way home. Internalize the fear you see in their eyes when you say "$12 minimum wage."

I JUST told you what it would do. Then I told you what happens next to fix it. PLEASE READ, I don't know how many times I need to say that.
No, chief. I just told YOU what it would do. The managers at those stores don't get $12/hour. That would murder each and every fast food restaurant and other minimum wage employer. It would result in a complete inability to gain employment for anyone with less than a bachelor's degree in the particular field. It would aggravate the already difficult to navigate catch-22 of needing experience in order to get a job, and needing a job to get experience.

You need to understand: A minimum wage is a price floor on labor. Price floors always (when they do anything at all) result in demand for the controlled commodity being far outstripped by supply. Minimum wages hurt workers. They do not help them.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 06:48:10 AM

IT'S NOT THAT HARD

No, chief. I just told YOU what it would do.

REALLY? vvThisvv quote is of YOU?
Congrats on your idea for Bitcoin town too Smiley
IT'S NOT THAT HARD

The market flows, but inflation strikes... Job creators want more money now that they have to pay more
BUT THEN the government taxes more (not enough to counter the minimum wage increase), but enough to start to put a dent in the national debt
Job creators freak out and start hoarding again
Inflation eventually stops, and the dollar stabilizes. Due to the hoarding.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 06:49:00 AM

I'm clicking ignore. Googbye Myrkul, your trolling is done, as far as I am concerned.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 06:51:48 AM

I'm clicking ignore. Googbye Myrkul, your trolling is done, as far as I am concerned.
Truth hurts, I'm sorry you can't take it. In the unlikely event that you would like to learn a little economics to go with your dreaming, I'll be here. Or you can read Sv. Hazlitt: https://mises.org/document/6785/Economics-in-One-Lesson

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 06:53:13 AM

IT'S NOT THAT HARD

No, chief. I just told YOU what it would do.

REALLY? vvThisvv quote is of YOU?
Congrats on your idea for Bitcoin town too Smiley
IT'S NOT THAT HARD

The market flows, but inflation strikes... Job creators want more money now that they have to pay more
BUT THEN the government taxes more (not enough to counter the minimum wage increase), but enough to start to put a dent in the national debt
Job creators freak out and start hoarding again
Inflation eventually stops, and the dollar stabilizes. Due to the hoarding.

Job creators can just stop running their businesses, and everybody have no job, they are not masochists.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 06:54:15 AM

Job creators can just stop running their businesses, and everybody have no job, they are not masochists.

Paying your workers fair (above welfare) wages, is not the same as enjoying pain. You're retarded.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 06:56:05 AM

That's precisely what many will do. 90% of small businesses, I would wager, would go out of business. Maybe more. It would certainly kill McDonalds, and most other minimum wage employers.

oakpacific

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 07:00:42 AM

Paying your workers fair (above welfare) wages, is not the same as enjoying pain. You're retarded.

You are speaking again as if you know better than everybody else about their own businesses, while you don't have data or anything to back your idea up. No wonder you get the delusion that if they don't agree with you, they're either retarded or too greedy. Who knows, maybe egotistic people are just better job creators, and you will be the one that changes everything.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 07:03:13 AM

You are speaking again as if you know better than everybody else about their own businesses, while you don't have data or anything to back your idea up. No wonder you get the delusion that if they don't agree with you, they're either retarded or too greedy.
Or a troll. You forgot troll.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 07:03:56 AM

You are speaking again as if you know better than everybody else about their own businesses,

No, I am speaking as if I can READ.
I have seen how much the people at the top of the companies I listed make, and I know how they could correct the economy. If me sharing that bothers you, I am very sorry.

oakpacific

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 07:10:55 AM

You are speaking again as if you know better than everybody else about their own businesses,

No, I am speaking as if I can READ.
I have seen how much the people at the top of the companies I listed make, and I know how they could correct the economy. If me sharing that bothers you, I am very sorry.

OK, let's suppose your plan is fair, really fair, it still matters nothing. Job creators close their businesses because they want to, and don't be silly, they are not so stupid as to not be able to figure out someone is manipulating the market to shake their money out of their pockets.

And for every step of your plan to work, you will have to convince this tricky organ called legislature(yeah as stipulated by the sacred U.S Constitution), many of whose members are paid by the job creators to sit there anyway, and had the government really succeeded in doing everything you listed, it probably would have became such a monster, that it would already be too late for you to regret.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 07:14:34 AM

Job creators close their businesses because they want to, and don't be silly, they are not so stupid as to not be able to figure out someone is manipulating the market to shake their money out of their pockets.

1. I can't believe you are stupid enough to think wal mart and mcdonalds would close because of a 6 dollar wage increase

2. It's not manipulating the market to get money out of their pockets, it's called paying the national debt.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 07:17:16 AM

Job creators close their businesses because they want to, and don't be silly, they are not so stupid as to not be able to figure out someone is manipulating the market to shake their money out of their pockets.

1. I can't believe you are stupid enough to think wal mart and mcdonalds would close because of a 6 dollar wage increase
I can't believe you're stupid enough to think they wouldn't.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 07:17:17 AM

Why not raise the minimum wage to $1,000,000 annually?  Then everyone is a millionaire and "rich" right?
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 07:19:30 AM

Why not raise the minimum wage to $1,000,000 annually?  Then everyone is a millionaire and "rich" right?

Lol. The goal is not inflation. The goal is to get everyone off welfare. Please read the original post.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 07:24:22 AM

Lol. The goal is not inflation. The goal is to get everyone off welfare. Please read the original post.

Millionaires aren't on welfare.  Problem solved. 
oakpacific

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 07:32:05 AM

2. It's not manipulating the market to get money out of their pockets, it's called paying the national debt.

1. Simple math: Wal-mart has more than 2.2 million employees around the world, let's say they have 1 million of them in the U.S, and they work 220 days a year, now $6/hour rise for everyone here=$6*8*220*1,000,000=about 10.5 billion dollars, not what I would call pocket money.(Oh, I forgot! their vacations should be paid as well!)

And guess what, there are other ways out than closing my business, I can just fire a large percentage of my employees, close down some shops, get them to live on welfare, not to say a lot of sales clerks can be replaced by checkout machines already, if it costs me more to keep a clerk then to maintain one such machine....and yeah, I can ask poor students to part-time for me as well.

2. Hmmm...so somehow I need to pay the debt that is not created by me. And manipulation is about the means, not the goal, you can't justify the means with the end.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: