Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:06:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Job Creators Could Fix The Economy (& How Bitcoin can Help)  (Read 2704 times)
FinShaggy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 07:37:24 AM

Why not raise the minimum wage to $1,000,000 annually?  Then everyone is a millionaire and "rich" right?

Lol. The goal is not inflation. The goal is to get everyone off welfare. Please read the original post.

Millionaires aren't on welfare.  Problem solved. 

LOL

Please read the first post.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 07:39:32 AM

Job creators close their businesses because they want to, and don't be silly, they are not so stupid as to not be able to figure out someone is manipulating the market to shake their money out of their pockets.

1. I can't believe you are stupid enough to think wal mart and mcdonalds would close because of a 6 dollar wage increase

2. It's not manipulating the market to get money out of their pockets, it's called paying the national debt.

1. Simple math: Wal-mart has more than 2.2 million employees around the world,

I'll stop you right there.

We are talking about Americans, not sweat shop babies. The stuff over there is wrong, but it's not the issue.

Please take 2 Billion, multiply it by the number of Wal Mart CEOs and divide it into MINIMUM WAGE AMERICAN employees.

I'm sure each person will make at least an extra $200 a month (enough to get 40 hours a week workers off welfare)

myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 07:43:28 AM

Job creators close their businesses because they want to, and don't be silly, they are not so stupid as to not be able to figure out someone is manipulating the market to shake their money out of their pockets.

1. I can't believe you are stupid enough to think wal mart and mcdonalds would close because of a 6 dollar wage increase

2. It's not manipulating the market to get money out of their pockets, it's called paying the national debt.

We are talking about Americans, not sweat shop babies. The stuff over there is wrong, but it's not the issue.
What a shame you stopped where you did, for he addresses this point:
let's say they have 1 million of them in the U.S, and they work 220 days a year, now $6/hour rise for everyone here=$6*8*220*1,000,000=about 10.5 billion dollars

But you knew that, right? After all, it would be base hypocrisy to accuse people of not reading posts before responding to them, and not actually read them yourself.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 07:44:01 AM

Please take 2 Billion, multiply it by the number of Wal Mart CEOs and divide it into MINIMUM WAGE AMERICAN employees.

I'm sure each person will make at least an extra $200 a month (enough to get 40 hours a week workers off welfare)

So I take it to mean that you didn't read on, the 2.2 million number is irrelavant.

And yes, it's not like Wal-mart is that big outta here..

EDIT: check it here http://corporate.walmart.com/our-story/our-stores/united-states-stores

In the United States, where Walmart began, we employ more than 1.4 million people in Supercenters, Walmart Discount Stores, Neighborhood Markets, Walmart Express Stores and Sam's Clubs.

OK, it turns out, if the $6 pay raise is implemented and vacations are also paid, Walmart will be immediately in red.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 07:50:48 AM

In the United States, where Walmart began, we employ more than 1.4 million people in Supercenters, Walmart Discount Stores, Neighborhood Markets, Walmart Express Stores and Sam's Clubs.

OK, it turns out, if the $6 pay raise is implemented and vacations are also paid, Walmart will be immediately in red.
Well, to be fair, not all of them are minimum wage employees. But I can guarantee they all will be (probably even the store managers) after a minimum wage hike to $12/hr.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 07:52:14 AM

Well, to be fair, not all of them are minimum wage employees. But I can guarantee they all will be (probably even the store managers) after a minimum wage hike to $12/hr.

I don't think so, I think many of them will be on welfare immediately afterwards. Wink

Otherwise I agree.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 07:59:37 AM

I don't think so, I think many of them will be on welfare immediately afterwards.

Otherwise I agree.
Well, yeah... those not immediately out of work will be minimum wage employees.

I hope you like self-checkout. That's going to be all there are. Probably push that RFID checkout idea up a few years, too. Fire everybody but the restockers, the greeter, and one or two other people to get shoppers set up on the Walmart RFID program, switch out the pylons at the doors. Costs down, profits up, shoplifting a thing of the past.

Kinda sucks for all those out of work employees, though.

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 01:31:18 PM

I still wonder what that transitioning period will be like between now and when most jobs are automated and most everyone's out of work/on welfare.  A robot could never replace a greeter, I'm certain (I mean, it could, but it defeats the purpose), but you could automate an entire WalMart.  Setup a delivery service and you wouldn't even need to pay for upkeep on the stores themselves, all you'd need are the warehouses and delivery people.  Either that or setup a place for people to pick up orders they make online.  You may need employees to move the shit around but even that could be automated.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 04:05:57 PM

I still wonder what that transitioning period will be like between now and when most jobs are automated and most everyone's out of work/on welfare.  A robot could never replace a greeter, I'm certain (I mean, it could, but it defeats the purpose), but you could automate an entire WalMart.  Setup a delivery service and you wouldn't even need to pay for upkeep on the stores themselves, all you'd need are the warehouses and delivery people.  Either that or setup a place for people to pick up orders they make online.  You may need employees to move the shit around but even that could be automated.
I believe every company in the world could have 2 employees on staff at a time, while everything else is robots. The only reason you need humans is

1. Security, because the other guy could do something, or someone could break in. 2. Mechanic, to watch the robots.

surebet

Activity: 495
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 05:42:37 PM

I believe every company in the world could have 2 employees on staff at a time, while everything else is robots. The only reason you need humans is

1. Security, because the other guy could do something, or someone could break in. 2. Mechanic, to watch the robots.

Yes. No companies need humans. Ever.

Day cares should be run like the Matrix, anything creative like architecture or city planning should be replaced by a copy & paste script and human intuition will be a thing of the past in literally every professional field.

Also, why do you keep referencing an obscure 70's show as your main argument on why money is bad?

Also, lol communism.
acs26

June 02, 2013, 08:18:43 PM

I still wonder what that transitioning period will be like between now and when most jobs are automated and most everyone's out of work/on welfare.  A robot could never replace a greeter, I'm certain (I mean, it could, but it defeats the purpose), but you could automate an entire WalMart.  Setup a delivery service and you wouldn't even need to pay for upkeep on the stores themselves, all you'd need are the warehouses and delivery people.  Either that or setup a place for people to pick up orders they make online.  You may need employees to move the shit around but even that could be automated.

Wow. Two people are only needed to stop a robbery. Yes, that's sooooo true. What if those two people where to die because of the robbery? You must be stoned off your ass, buddy. Shut up, and cool off.
----
Guess what also; Unemployment would probably skyrocket, and those two fools would probably be the only people working there.
----
Don't get me started on customers. Ever thought of the robots malfunctioning, and possibly blowing up things? Nah. That could never happen. Let's not think about that. ROBOTS WORK FUR US.
----
Utterly stupid. That's like saying you want the Milllitary force to be made up of robots. And then have one person on duty to control them.
wdmw

Activity: 199

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 01:43:30 AM

IT'S NOT THAT HARD

Ex of how the economy gets fixed:

Minimum wage skyrockets, bigger than it ever did during bushes administration (ex: $12-15)
Job creators are forced to open their banks, sell stocks, etc (stop hording)
The market flows, but inflation strikes... Job creators want more money now that they have to pay more
BUT THEN the government taxes more (not enough to counter the minimum wage increase), but enough to start to put a dent in the national debt
Job creators freak out and start hoarding again
Inflation eventually stops, and the dollar stabilizes. Due to the hoarding.

Can we call this "Shaggian Economics"?
myrkul

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 01:46:38 AM

IT'S NOT THAT HARD

Minimum wage skyrockets, bigger than it ever did during bushes administration (ex: $12-15)
The market flows, but inflation strikes... Job creators want more money now that they have to pay more
BUT THEN the government taxes more (not enough to counter the minimum wage increase), but enough to start to put a dent in the national debt

"Cannabis School"

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 04:58:22 PM

IT'S NOT THAT HARD

Definitely. Get on Urban Dictionary.

krudkeeper

Activity: 182

Hodl regularly and often!

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 12:15:21 AM

IT'S NOT THAT HARD

Definitely. Get on Urban Dictionary.
sounds like communism.

🆙
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: