Bitcoin Forum
August 16, 2024, 08:21:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fork To Bitcoin Gold - What happens to your bitcoin in a Blockchain wallet?  (Read 339 times)
Coinpapa (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:08:36 AM

I apologize if I did not post this in the right place on the forum. I am new to the forum and new to investing in Bitcoin. I keep hearing that a fork to Bitcoin Gold is coming. So my question is what happens to the Bitcoins held specifically in a Blockchain wallet. Will the wallet service automatically update so that I can store both Bitcoin Original and Bitcoin Gold? Or what happens? Thanks in advance.
SonOfNorth

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:15:15 AM

They did add support for BCH at the time, so it's possible that they'll support future forks as well. That said you should follow their own announcements, because they're the only ones who can and will know that in the future.

S P 8 D E        ♠       THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.       ♠         READ WHITEPAPER       
    TOKENS        A DECENTRALIZED PLATFORM FOR GAMING DAPPS        ROADMAP   
ANN THREAD       FACEBOOK       TWITTER       TELEGRAM       YOUTUBE       MEDIUM       REDDIT
flippener

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 10:19:51 PM

I believe you're fine with any wallet that you own (i.e. you have the private keys for)

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

24core

Activity: 582
Merit: 250

An Impressive Purely Anonymous Currency.

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 10:24:18 PM

You should be fine as long as only you have access to the private key of your bitcoin wallet. It looks like we will get free BTG on November 1.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: