Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 03:22:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: newbie question regarding mining  (Read 335 times)
danielgold20 (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:33:46 AM

Hello!

Quick question if I am mining currently ETH and I want to change that to verify the transaction what is the amount that payed and is there a guide or something how to do this?

Didn't find information on the web
Thank you for your help!
0xcosmos

Activity: 585
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:04:28 AM

Hello!

Quick question if I am mining currently ETH and I want to change that to verify the transaction what is the amount that payed and is there a guide or something how to do this?

Thank you for your help!

didnt get it
you want to mine other coin?
raiderosik

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:34:31 AM

Hello!

Thank you for your help!

didnt get it
you want to mine other coin?

I think he wanted to check how much he mined already but it will be the best when Danielgold20 will give us some more detail what he need

danielgold20 (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:43:26 AM

no

I meant that as I understand ( at bitcoin for example ) there are people who verify the transactions ( blocks ) and for the verification of the block they get reward with X% og the blocks size

If I dont want to mine but I want to verify  the transaction that occurred on that block and receive the "block reward" how can it be done?
because as I understand ( maybe I am wrong ) but there are people who verify the transactions and receive block reward 
Sev18

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:51:49 AM

As bitcoin is running based on PoW, mining is necessary for verifying and lengthening the blockchain.
Otherwise, you could run a mining pool yourself, need some miners attatched to your pool too..

■■■■■■■  Multi-Algo Switching Manager - MULTIPOOL MULTIALGO Profit Switch Launcher  ■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■             https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2041971             ■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■                           Download Now!                           ■■■■■■■
danielgold20 (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 12:16:49 PM

As bitcoin is running based on PoW, mining is necessary for verifying and lengthening the blockchain.
Otherwise, you could run a mining pool yourself, need some miners attatched to your pool too..

Ok So as ETH so if i want to verify those transactions and receive my block reward can be that done?
0xcosmos

Activity: 585
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 02:51:45 PM

Ok So as ETH so if i want to verify those transactions and receive my block reward can be that done?

it is same
mining block is same to verify transaction in eth network
block contains information on transaction
once block found transaction verified
and placed in blockchain of eth
HarryG333

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 04:25:21 PM

Greetings all,  Can someone invest with his finance were by using once money to trade?
01asd

Activity: 238
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:26:04 PM

Hello!

Thank you for your help!

What wallet do you use ? Blockchain already give you information of how many dollars you will get.
Or you can also ask to your local exchangers in your country. Because I usually sell my crypto there.
makomako

Activity: 210

altcom Aa4DWXQjrcEA8gPBLkx6t9VgCuWoCo1myE

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:44:31 AM

verifying transaction is what youre doing when  mining Smiley

joshuajones02

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:47:27 AM

is he wanting to purchase a master node? Don't think he knows English very well, its hard to read

| World Fintech Startups | Microsoft Azure Partner | $1,5 M Raised During pre-ICO |
     BANKEX - Proof-of-Asset Protocol     
| WHITE PAPER | BLOGSLACKTELEGRAMBITCOINTALKGITHUBTWITTERYOUTUBEFACEBOOK |☰
joshuajones02

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:48:48 AM

Or buy a certain % of a coin that is PoS?

| World Fintech Startups | Microsoft Azure Partner | $1,5 M Raised During pre-ICO |
joshuajones02

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:49:34 AM

but what you are explaining OP, is what you're doing when you mine PoW coins

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: