Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:14:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rumours saying Neo is now legal in China  (Read 1013 times)
Jvanmulders (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:38:43 AM

Hello,

I was checking out #neo on Twitter and saw a lot of articles saying Neo is legal as from today in China.
So this would be the coin not banned from the exchanges.

Does anyone have more info?
staggerpines

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:41:07 AM

I did not know that Neo was illegal in the first place.
Jvanmulders (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:45:23 AM

Sorry my English isn't super i mean that the regulations they are communicating are in favour of Neo.
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:48:31 AM

Hello,

I was checking out #neo on Twitter and saw a lot of articles saying Neo is legal as from today in China.

As far as I know, NEO is not illegal but rather ICO's are what is illegal in China and legal ICO's would be regulated. China also didn't ban the complete usage of cryptocurrencies to their citizens but they have only banned local exchanges themselves maybe because of not complying to the rules and regulatons of China or them not having a permit of sorts to operate business so therefore they banned it.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:50:49 AM

People want you to believe NEO is somehow special from the other currencies in China so it gets pumped.

If this really was the case, I would have expected to see a lot more action going on with a billion threads here.
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2884
Merit: 598

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:51:36 AM

Hello,

We have to wait and see as I don't see any news about it either. Maybe yes, maybe not. But my questions is there are so many altcoins out there, what makes NEO different that the Chinese government makes it legal?  The only thing that connects NEO to China, is that NEO is considered to be the Chinese ETH. So its a Chinese company. Let not speculate and just wait how this evolved.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
sensimilia

Activity: 702
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:58:03 AM

I don't think it's true. Also the way you are saying this is implying other coins ARE actually illegal.
No coins are illegal in China as of now...

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
deadsilent

Activity: 1148
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:00:40 AM

Cryptocurrencies in CHina are not really illegal, my friend. Its just ICO crowdfunding and operations of exchanges there are stopped by the government of China. Cryptocurrency ban on China is not really confirmed as other were saying. Of course Neo is one of them. Even cryptocurrency exchanges there are prohibited by government. Citizens there can still be able to trade their crypto by peer to peer trade. They can deal to any persons there who are willing to sell their crypto. Localbitcoin i think is available there. So im sure localbitcoin is a blockbuster there.

Anyway, just a breaking news. China just stated that virtual currencies there will be regulated. https://news.bitcoin.com/virtual-currencies-expected-to-regulated-in-china-on-october-1st/
That's a good sign that they are still interested on cryptocurrencies despite of crackdowns against cryptocurrencies there. Also it's a good thing they will regulate it. It's the best thing to do to make cryptocurrecies legal there. They must comply.
niknik1966

Activity: 266

DIW - Security Decentralized,Life Revolutionized

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:01:59 AM

Honestly, having analyzed the behavior of this currency on the exchange, we can say that the coin behaves poorly. For portfolio investments, you can come up if you have time to wait.

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀███████
██████            ▀████████     ████     █████    █████     ███████
██████     ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██████     █████    ████      ████    ████████
██████     ██████▄    █████     █████    ▀██▀  ▄▄  ▀██▀    ████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████     █   ██   █     █████████
██████     █████▀    ██████     ███████       ████       ██████████
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████            ▄████████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀

SECURITY DECENTRALIZED

covfefe_

Activity: 935
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:06:14 AM

Whether the rumor is true or not, neo is already rising in the exchanges, reached the $33 mark and rising. Good future ahead for the coin.
Ging

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:07:21 AM

couldn' agree more Since NEO initiated from China and already abides by the proposed rules, NEO would China’s leading numerical platform.
FrankNoland
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:24:17 AM

Hello,

NEO was never illegal in China and it was never banned on any exchanges as far as I have seen and read. However, ICOs were recently banned by the government of China, but didn't ban the usage of other cryptocurrencies.

By the way, NEO is already doing great on the market, surely investors who didn't panic and sell their investments when the ban issue derived are now making profit.

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
loreRex

Activity: 279
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:46:54 AM

Rumors saying it was never illegal in the first place...
5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:49:48 AM

Not illegal but could be banned. However, this is now no longer the case and crypto just needs a bit of regulation. NEO is 100% safe and investors are coming back to the market, should have grabbed more NEO coins while it was in the dump state.

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:53:30 AM

Hello,

I`m currently reading an article about NEO.
NEO is one ICO based in china, very reasonable if neo legal in china because it is their own product.
But I`m very disappointed, in a sneaky way, china crack down on Bitcoin and other Cryptocurrencies under the pretext of "Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency instead of the legal currency to transact and potentially lead to fraud", while he makes his own crypto for his country.
Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 12:06:52 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2017, 12:28:22 PM by Hyperme.sh

This is probably where the rumors started. This article has since been deleted from the website:

https://web-beta.archive.org/web/20170925193139/https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/neo-founder-da-hongfei-advised-china-ico-ban-govt-collaboration-possible/

And these other articles refer to that news:

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/neo-price-surges-founder-says-government-collaboration-possible/

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/neo-leads-crypto-market-30-price-surge/ (also mentions Bitfinex added NEO)

NEO founder Da Hongfei […] speculated that a future collaboration between NEO and the Chinese government is a possibility.

https://cryptovest.com/news/neo-proves-its-strength-price-up-25-good-news-pile-up/

I should note that an issuer (or affiliate of the issuer) making speculative statements (i.e. which are not statements of material facts) are illegal in terms of most securities laws in the world. He is attempting to pump up the price, but perhaps digging deeper legal problems in the future.

This yet again more of the scammy nature of our ecosystem, attempting to hype empty Pets.com bags to greater fools. As with the Dot.com bust, this will not end well when the ICO bubble finally collapses into a pile of rubble.

Enjoy it while you can.

(Oh remember, yeah right I am just jealous and I can’t get along with anyone so entirely ignore everything I wrote  Roll Eyes)
bassong

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:26:49 PM

Neo has a bright future, rumor or not. it gets pumped a lot for a good reason. If you want a coin that will rise in value in rapidly in the next couple of years, it is neo.
kynaz

Activity: 1078
Merit: 250

http://unidapp.app

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:47:02 PM

I think we need a lot to confirm this, if NEO is legalized in China, NEO will definitely go to the moon today but the NEO market today is very peaceful and prices are not rising much.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
btc_angela

Activity: 2646
Merit: 549

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:59:01 PM

Hello,

NEO was never illegal in China and it was never banned on any exchanges as far as I have seen and read. However, ICOs were recently banned by the government of China, but didn't ban the usage of other cryptocurrencies.

By the way, NEO is already doing great on the market, surely investors who didn't panic and sell their investments when the ban issue derived are now making profit.

This is correct. And NEO is homebreed to China. However it fall to a astonishing $13 on September 15, when all the negative news coming from there. Short time I'm seeing that it can go to $30. And it looks like it also recovered. However, we need to see any confirmation from the Chinese government itself.

This is probably where the rumors started. This article has since been deleted from the website:

https://web-beta.archive.org/web/20170925193139/https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/neo-founder-da-hongfei-advised-china-ico-ban-govt-collaboration-possible/

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/neo-price-surges-founder-says-government-collaboration-possible/

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/neo-leads-crypto-market-30-price-surge/ (also mentions Bitfinex added NEO)

NEO founder Da Hongfei […] speculated that a future collaboration between NEO and the Chinese government is a possibility.

https://cryptovest.com/news/neo-proves-its-strength-price-up-25-good-news-pile-up/

I should note that an issuer (or affiliate of the issuer) making speculative statements (i.e. which are not statements of material facts) are illegal in terms of most securities laws in the world. He is attempting to pump up the price, but perhaps digging deeper legal problems in the future.

This yet again more of the scammy nature of our ecosystem, attempting to hype empty Pets.com bags to greater fools. As with the Dot.com bust, this will not end well when the ICO bubble finally collapses into a pile of rubble.

Enjoy it while you can.

(Oh remember, yeah right I am just jealous and I can’t get along with anyone so entirely ignore everything I wrote  Roll Eyes)

Nice. Thanks for the share. I will read it the links later and decide for myself. Honestly, I have still some NEO it me and I'm so happy that's its very bullish as well. But I'm gonna dump it when the price reach $50. I just hope that it can go  there in the next couple of months.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 02:04:04 PM

Enjoy it while you can.

What a gem of a post we have here, hilarious and true at the same time. In the outside world, for such claims, a real security can be destroyed with the CEO facing serious accusations, yes, just for a speculation!
So we have two possible cases here:
1) He knows this and he doesn't care as he is either anonymous or in a safe heaven where he can't be touched.
2) He is so ignorant and stupid that he doesn't even know that it is illegal to do what he is doing.

Which one is it?

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: