Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:47:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining elite  (Read 1476 times)
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 03:51:02 AM

If the dev of coinchoose and the dev of cgminer came together to create a miner that mines based of profitability ..............
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 03:52:36 AM

If only people already had scripts for this kind of thing...

barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 03:59:17 AM

scripts exist already, i am talking instant change between coins, the same way you change pools. scripts restart cginer with different parameters but if i do that on my rigs, they hard crash.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 04:04:38 AM

scripts exist already, i am talking instant change between coins, the same way you change pools. scripts restart cginer with different parameters but if i do that on my rigs, they hard crash.

Boy... that would be horrible. The only ones this helps are those that already have enough power. This would totally drown out 80% of the miners then.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 04:09:42 AM

Anyone that blindly mines the top coin on choosecoin is probably not using their resources wisely.  There is much more to it such as payout time and market liquidity that could make the top coin not the best for your hardware.
relm9

Activity: 840

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 04:12:28 AM

Whenever I see a coin reach like 400%+ profitability it is typically short-lived, if you don't already have a good stash of coins you can't take advantage for the most part.
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 04:16:20 AM

but a long haul, multi currency miner could use it, if you have 5 rigs you could have 4 that always mine the top 4 coins at any given time, preferably p2pool. Then one rig for experimenting with the new coins that come out and aren't listed yet. i have three, two that mine stable coins and one for mucking about.
mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 06:22:32 AM

What would be better is a script that always sold off the most profitable coin. By the time you receive any coins your way it will be less profitable
Nolo

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 06:28:04 AM

What would be better is a script that always sold off the most profitable coin. By the time you receive any coins your way it will be less profitable

Bingo.  Once a coin hits the top of coinchoose that typically tells me I should NOT be mining that coin, because it is about to drop like a rock. 

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 07:14:40 AM

If the dev of coinchoose and the dev of cgminer came together to create a miner that mines based of profitability ..............

its not so hard to write it.  you just have to choose the right metric.  hint, its not price.  I've written an app for my miners that switches coins rig by rig but it doesn't use price.  I accumulate the coins and then I have a spreadsheet that determines profitability and break even.  I put the orders in for the profitability price and leave it at that.  sometimes they hit sometimes they don't.
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 08:37:18 AM

its not so hard to write it.  you just have to choose the right metric.  hint, its not price.  I've written an app for my miners that switches coins rig by rig but it doesn't use price.  I accumulate the coins and then I have a spreadsheet that determines profitability and break even.  I put the orders in for the profitability price and leave it at that.  sometimes they hit sometimes they don't.

hehehe we are a HINT HINT  Grin open source community, care to share HINT HINT  Grin
anderl

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 10:58:20 AM

hehehe we are a HINT HINT  Grin open source community, care to share HINT HINT  Grin

yeh look what happens tot he community when bitcoin source was shared.  crap coins galore
ondratra

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 11:24:48 AM

Boy... that would be horrible. The only ones this helps are those that already have enough power. This would totally drown out 80% of the miners then.

Exactly. It would be like digital mining whores.
pro

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 11:38:31 AM

you forget, not everyone is headed by greed and quick money.

ya maby you wont believe it, but their are also people out there who _believe_  in some coins and dont mine what a webside tells them to be most pofitable.

tips: LSQB6J4RRbjTptzFcCC4uU4yGsMUXGLgDQ
       1EPQq1uqo13LPG8BeHgCQcbE7pbujqnXrm
qiuness

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 11:44:44 AM

so where could one find such a script? Smiley
sal002

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 09:27:47 PM

You mean like this - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=172121.0
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 09:37:51 PM

Bingo.  Once a coin hits the top of coinchoose that typically tells me I should NOT be mining that coin, because it is about to drop like a rock. 

+1

barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 09:59:22 AM

If this uses Scrypt and SHA-256, how do you switch between them in the miner files?

The sample scripts I've included are for Bitcoin and Litecoin, and show how this is done. In short, if we are mining BTC and the script decides to switch to LTC, litecoin.sh is run. The first thing that litecoin.sh does is close all instances of CGMiner using the CGMiner API. It then sets the clocks correctly for LTC mining, and only then does it spool up a new instance of CGminer, mining the desired coin, making sure that API access is enabled for future switching. Each script you write and use (i.e. beyond the litecoin.sh and bitcoin.sh files included) should do roughly the same thing.

get my point yet?
anderl

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 04:35:43 PM

If this uses Scrypt and SHA-256, how do you switch between them in the miner files?

The sample scripts I've included are for Bitcoin and Litecoin, and show how this is done. In short, if we are mining BTC and the script decides to switch to LTC, litecoin.sh is run. The first thing that litecoin.sh does is close all instances of CGMiner using the CGMiner API. It then sets the clocks correctly for LTC mining, and only then does it spool up a new instance of CGminer, mining the desired coin, making sure that API access is enabled for future switching. Each script you write and use (i.e. beyond the litecoin.sh and bitcoin.sh files included) should do roughly the same thing.

get my point yet?

what happens when you send a quit command to cgminer?  do they hard crash as well?
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 04:11:30 PM

yes, mine always crashes even without overclocking. i've tried different drivers and recompiling cgminer to no avail.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: