Bitcoin Forum
July 21, 2024, 07:11:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC SPLIT  (Read 603 times)
danielgold20 (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:12:11 AM

Hello everyone!
quick question as last time when the SEG was enabled the BTC split into BCH

In the upcoming "update" october ( as I remember correctly ) if there will be another split?

Thank you for your help!
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:15:30 AM

Yes it will be new split. It calling Bitcoin Gold. You can read about it here:
https://www.coinspeaker.com/2017/09/29/bitcoin-gold-project-plans-fork-bitcoin-october-25/
davis196

Activity: 3038
Merit: 918

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:30:37 AM

Hello everyone!

In the upcoming "update" october ( as I remember correctly ) if there will be another split?

Thank you for your help!

This hard fork is going to happen on October 25.One day before my birthday.Damn Angry
Some Segwit2x haters are going to make this split and create a brand new altcoin.
This will have some impact over the bitcoin price for a few weeks,just like the previous bitcoin unlimited and "bitcoin cash" forks.All those forks are ridiculous.After a few years we will have 100 different "bitcoins" and 100 different blockchains.

danielgold20 (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:38:58 AM

Hey
first thank you for your response!

So just to understand when the last split was the same amount you had in BTC you receive BCH so in that case this time we will also receive the same amount of the coin depands on the amount we have in BTC?

and will the price of BTC will drop? because last time the price didn't fall

Thank you for your help!
itzong17

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 12:16:14 PM

yes another free money.. so if you want to get some? put some bitcoin in your favorite exchange site.
danielgold20 (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 12:19:12 PM

yes another free money.. so if you want to get some? put some bitcoin in your favorite exchange site.
Why to put in the exchange is that safe?... I dont know if the exchange gave the costumers the BCH when the BTC is split
ReLieD

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 12:20:56 PM

Hello everyone!

Thank you for your help!
This news is true . I have read about this and is named Bitcoin gold probably. But I don't think that would affect Bitcoin much. Because , even when it was split recently into BCH it did not affect Bitcoin .

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█          ▄         ▄      ▄▄▄▄▄
█       ▄███      ▄███      █████
█        ████      ████     ▀▀▀▀▀
█         ████      ████
█          ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█           █████████████████████
█            ▀█████▄   ▀█████▄
█              ▀█████▀   ▀█████▀
█                 ▀▀        ▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 12:22:18 PM

This is exactly the reason of why the Bitcoin Gold split will become reality. If they really ranted to come up with their own version of an "improved Bitcoin", they would just launch a completely new crypto currency.

But no, they are looking to earn millions in a very easy manner. It's a disgusting practice, but what can we expect from entities only looking to bank on Bitcoin at all cost? They don't care about a potential negative impact.

What's next after Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold? Oh, Bitcoin Silver seems a pretty decent name. Lips sealed

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 12:27:04 PM

Funny how rich people become richer when there is a split in Bitcoin network.  It seems this kind of thing can't be helped since those who have lots of Bitcoin in their stash will definitely the one to end up having more coins on the forked network.

The network needs to hardfork that will result in a split to be able to apply the next update for Bitcoin scaling fix. 

This is exactly the reason of why the Bitcoin Gold split will become reality. -snipped

I wonder where they get this Bitcoin Gold term??  Huh Huh Huh
House_stark

Activity: 19

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 12:27:44 PM

It's a bit complicated for those who aren't in the bitcoin weeds. Essentially, political, technological, and ideological debates about growing bitcoin have come to a head. And some say that an entirely new currency called Bitcoin Cash could help scale bitcoin and bring it to the masses.In order for bitcoin to become a simple global payment system for anyone to use, it needs to get over its growing pains. For some, the solution to that is to make a whole new currency using similar software.Bitcoin is built on something called a blockchain. The bitcoin blockchain is a public ledger containing all the transaction data from anyone who uses bitcoin. Transactions are added to "blocks" or the links of code that make up the chain, and each transaction must be recorded on a block. But these blocks are full, and it is slowing transactions way down.
DragonQuan

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 12:34:56 PM

What type of wallet should I put my bitcoin in to ensure I will get both currencies (Bitcoin and Bitcoin Gold)?

Should I leave my BTC on coinbase (which apparently is a horrible idea) and from what I have read, people who had BTC during the Bitcoin cash hardfork did not get their bitcoin cash. I want to ensure I get what I technically own.

TanyaDegurechaff

Activity: 182

They say a thin line separates genius and madness.

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 12:40:09 PM

May I ask if Desktop wallets that have balance in it like jaxx will be affected by it? If i have btc in my jaxx wallet will the fork enable me to have bitcoin gold in my wallet instantly? what should I do to make sure that I will get btc gold when the hard fork happens?

"Miracles are illusions caused by insufficient observation and understanding. They're just... glorious misunderstandings."
|Bitkoin|

Activity: 273

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:29:01 PM

I'm not sure why people don't think outside the box here. Here you have these competitors to Bitcoin saying we'll give you free BTC for whatever, Bitcoin Cash, not Bitcoin Gold. They're after your BTC UTXO set people!!
FJNuñez

Activity: 140

🌟ATLANT ICO: 7/09/17🌟

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:39:06 PM

I'm not sure why people keep getting excited about these forkcoins that offer free coins if you have BTC... They're probably gov't agencies trying to figure out your original Bitcoin UTXO set to find your identity.

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:40:56 PM

Hello everyone!
if by "SEG" you mean SegWit then bitcoin did not split because of activation of SegWit. at least not directly as you may think.

a group of people who were trying to take over bitcoin created a fork from it and called it "cash" to try and look legit. that is all the reason to it.

there are two more things coming up:
1. SegWit2x hard fork part to increase the block size to 2 MB
this is a more serious fork and it has a lot of issues and a lot of opposition. specially since it is way too fast.

2. Bitcoin Gold fork to change the mining to make it ASIC resistance or so they claim.
this is mostly a joke specially since it has a huge premine.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Sanugarid

Activity: 1442
Merit: 153

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:57:53 PM

Hello everyone!

Thank you for your help!

For me that isn't a good idea as well to my other friends because we all know that btc split have some big negauve effects on the mind of the users such as always panic selling because of the lowering of their money but ofcourse we all know that things can be back soon. Just like the value of btc that became low but rise again.

eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 03:00:02 PM

Why would you take risk putting your coins in an exchange during the split when you have the capability to store in your own wallet and there wont be much hurdle,even with the last split many exchanges were not willing to give the split coin that easy and so i would not dare to store my coins in any online wallet or exchanges at the time of split,sure there will be a split at this fork too.
salmanahmedone

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:16:21 PM

If you guys are going to go with that whole, Bitcoin Cash is a hard fork thing again on this one, then we need to drown ourselves in sewage. If that is how you see that code release, then sure, it might fork again, just like it has 10,233 times up to this point and will again, every time a new coin is released compiled on near the same code as Bitcoin.
DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 3168

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:35:14 PM

If you guys are going to go with that whole, Bitcoin Cash is a hard fork thing again on this one, then we need to drown ourselves in sewage. If that is how you see that code release, then sure, it might fork again, just like it has 10,233 times up to this point and will again, every time a new coin is released compiled on near the same code as Bitcoin.

Most altcoins just fork the code, though, not the blockchain itself.  You don't get the so-called "airdrop" effect with other conventional altcoins, so the BCH, Gold and 2x forks are a little different in that regard.  However, people should tread carefully, as BCH included replay protection so it was much safer to dump those coins.  Take precautions if you want to sell your Bitcoin Gold or SegWit2x coins, since you may accidentally move your SegWit-Only coins as well.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
hdtqisg

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 01:41:45 AM

Hello everyone!

Thank you for your help!
May be we have BTG coin in last month! But i don't like this! BTC with offical Dev is Gold in Internet! Other coin only said Altcoin!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: