Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:50:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Results (ZCash) don't fulfill expectations (sol/s)  (Read 704 times)
SmokieMcPot (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 12:24:31 PM

Hello Community,

I’m quite new to this topic so excuse me if this is a dumb or self explanatory question but:

We recently changed from ether to ZCash and before we used a lot of Miningprofitabilitycalculaters (like 5 or more) to see if it is...well...profitable. We have 2 graphic cards with about 250 sol/s (h/s). All of the calculators say we get about 2$ a day (60$ per month), which is quite good.

So we started ethos and it shows 264 hash per card. Then we went on dwarfpool and it shows 520 sol/s. So everything is as expected. The problem is, after 3 days we only have 2$...a third of what we should have.

So what’s the problem here? What am I missing? Don't we have the latest difficulty or...? It’s not like there are missing like 10% or so...no, it’s 20$ a month instead of 60$ and that is a too big difference to be profitable.

I hope you can help us.

TL;DR

Calculators say 500sol/s = 60$ per month;
Results say 500sol/s = 20$ per month;
Why?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
funnel

Activity: 34

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:00:30 PM

Apparently the difficulty jumped by 30% somewhere in the last 24hours, so 30% less earnings.

If you're looking at whattomine you have to manually copy/paste the current difficulty(not the 24h) to get accurate results.
pfft

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:11:36 PM

Because everybody switch to zcash that is why...they think is better then eth but is not...
shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 01:25:40 PM

I think market is always smarter than most of us, so if we rely on calculator such as whattomine, market will regulate btw Price vs. Difficulty very quickly.

For me, I keep mining on which coins I believe (I hold them in mid-long term) even it seems no profit now.
UnknownX

Activity: 175

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:56:18 PM

There are lots of AMD fans who has had bound on cheaper GPU & ETH, and now suddenly realised that can't mine ETH any more or have to stop mining in the nearest future and most of them has swithed from ETH to ZEC, and ZEC difficulty has increased rapidly and eaten all your precalculated benefits of switching to ZEC.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
sevenmiles

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 12:19:59 AM

ethereum mining is facing difficulty bomb right now with 30% less profit in 24 hours, until October 19th, the implementation of Metropolis Byzantium - mining profitability of ethereum would be able to come back to Sept level (in theory)
so right now, as Zcash mining has significant higher profit than ethereum mining, a lot of people just switched their hashrate to Zcash, and caused, you know, difficulty jump, actually not only Zcash, but all the GPU mining coins...
and again, I hope ethereum dies and let the core dev team mines with their own damn difficulty bomb

Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:54:55 AM

The Dwarfpool ZEC pool doesn't have enough hash power to have reliable earnings for only 24 hours mining. Especially with the increase in difficulty after the pump last week. They will often go more than 24 hours before even finding a block, or sometimes find several blocks in a few hours. That's just how mining works. In the long run it evens out, but that's not a pool to mine ZEC on for consistent earnings in a short period. For that you need to mine on one of the larger pools like Flypool.
makomako

Activity: 210

altcom Aa4DWXQjrcEA8gPBLkx6t9VgCuWoCo1myE

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:36:12 AM

price of the coin is changing, well you can always use the good old friend whattomine.com to get your estimated profit per day but remind you that the data/difficulty that you'll see from the website is from the last 24 hour data.

marthor

Activity: 60

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 03:06:43 AM

Switch to Flypool.
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2017, 03:34:40 AM

Hello Community,

I’m quite new to this topic so excuse me if this is a dumb or self explanatory question but:

We recently changed from ether to ZCash and before we used a lot of Miningprofitabilitycalculaters (like 5 or more) to see if it is...well...profitable. We have 2 graphic cards with about 250 sol/s (h/s). All of the calculators say we get about 2$ a day (60$ per month), which is quite good.

So we started ethos and it shows 264 hash per card. Then we went on dwarfpool and it shows 520 sol/s. So everything is as expected. The problem is, after 3 days we only have 2$...a third of what we should have.

So what’s the problem here? What am I missing? Don't we have the latest difficulty or...? It’s not like there are missing like 10% or so...no, it’s 20$ a month instead of 60$ and that is a too big difference to be profitable.

I hope you can help us.

TL;DR

Why?

None of those calculators you are seeing on the web can tell you what's coming tomorrow , months later or 6 months later !
Those calculators telling you about today , at that moment when you typing in your information !

Your daily earning also depend on the pool luck , your submitted shares , how many invalid/stale shares you have

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
SmokieMcPot (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:57:56 AM

Thanks everyone for your help. I think we are trying Flypool as many of you suggested
Sev18

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 03:30:46 PM

With 500sol/s, $60 per month would be right.
Some pool with small pool hashrates has some daily variations of rewards because of the randomness of block findings.
Check for the block finding status of the pool, make sure every reward that you sent shares to the pool server was received.
Then check for the hardware parts, whether it is working for 24 hours every day, if rejected shares percentage isn't too high.

■■■■■■■  Multi-Algo Switching Manager - MULTIPOOL MULTIALGO Profit Switch Launcher  ■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■             https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2041971             ■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■                           Download Now!                           ■■■■■■■
EastSound

Activity: 1377
Merit: 268

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 03:47:21 PM

Hello Community,

I hope you can help us.

TL;DR

Why?

After you move to a pool, it will take about 24 to 48 hours for the statistics to be accurate.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: