Bitcoin Forum
August 14, 2024, 02:04:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 7th GPU not working.  (Read 307 times)
BitcoinboyBlog (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 12:27:39 PM

On my 4th rig, I cannot get 7 cards to run. It is not the card that is not working. Whenever 6 cards are plugged in, it works perfectly. When I plug in a 7th card, no matter what slot or card, Claymore says that it cannot download DAG files for a random card.

Hardware
3x RX580
2x RX570
2x RX470
Motherboard: Prime Z270-AR

I have updated the BIOS, reinstalled claymore, done everything I could think of. None of it worked. Anybody have any ideas?
umine

Activity: 405
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 02:56:46 PM

On my 4th rig, I cannot get 7 cards to run. It is not the card that is not working. Whenever 6 cards are plugged in, it works perfectly. When I plug in a 7th card, no matter what slot or card, Claymore says that it cannot download DAG files for a random card.

Hardware
3x RX580
2x RX570
2x RX470
Motherboard: Prime Z270-AR

I have updated the BIOS, reinstalled claymore, done everything I could think of. None of it worked. Anybody have any ideas?

There is a lack of info. What is your OS, does your OS detect all 7 GPUs. What is your PSU and other HW. Describe more detail. I've practically the same MoBo Prime Z270-A and start 8GPUs on Win10x64 with no problem

BitcoinboyBlog (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 03:19:29 PM

Sorry, I didn't realize that more info was needed. I use Windows 10x64. All 7 cards are detected and recognized, but DAG files are not able to be downloaded for all of them when 7 are plugged in. I have an EVGA 850P2. I use a 120G SSD and have an 8G stick of DDR2 RAM in slot 2. I also have a Pentium CPU.

Here is what happens: I plug 6 cards in and everything runs perfectly. I boot up with 7 cards and start claymore. As soon as it tries to download the DAG files, It spits out an error message for a random card. Sometimes the RX580 in slot one has a problem, sometimes it is the RX470 in slot 6.
Leass

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 03:29:56 PM

Sorry, I didn't realize that more info was needed. I use Windows 10x64. All 7 cards are detected and recognized, but DAG files are not able to be downloaded for all of them when 7 are plugged in. I have an EVGA 850P2. I use a 120G SSD and have an 8G stick of DDR2 RAM in slot 2. I also have a Pentium CPU.

Here is what happens: I plug 6 cards in and everything runs perfectly. I boot up with 7 cards and start claymore. As soon as it tries to download the DAG files, It spits out an error message for a random card. Sometimes the RX580 in slot one has a problem, sometimes it is the RX470 in slot 6.
Are your virtual memory is setted for at least 16GB?

BitcoinboyBlog (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 03:36:49 PM

Im not sure exactly what you mean, but The total RAM I have is over 16GB, including that of the Cards
Leass

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 03:43:22 PM

Im not sure exactly what you mean, but The total RAM I have is over 16GB, including that of the Cards
Right-click your Windows icon on task bar -> select System -> from left panel pick Advanced System Settings -> On Properties box click Advanced tab -> Click Settings under performance section -> then on another prompt window go to Advanced -> Click Change and specifty at least 16 GB of HDD space for VM (it most likely won't be used but Windows need it sometimes).

BitcoinboyBlog (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 03:59:12 PM

I did that and it made my system super laggy and unstable. It also didn't fix the problem :/
umine

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 05:48:00 PM

Have you only one PSU? If so than your rig has not enough power for whole 7 GPUs. It's a miracle that system works well with 6GPUs with this PSU

Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:02:06 PM

Have you only one PSU? If so than your rig has not enough power for whole 7 GPUs. It's a miracle that system works well with 6GPUs with this PSU

Atleast it takes 1250 PSU due to power efficiency and supply for the graphics board. I haven't tried the mining yet but this information I got it from room mate who is doing GPU mining on ethereum coins. Each rig contains 6 graphics card with the one raiser connectivity to increase it big numbers.
umine

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 05:28:49 AM

Atleast it takes 1250 PSU due to power efficiency and supply for the graphics board. I haven't tried the mining yet but this information I got it from room mate who is doing GPU mining on ethereum coins. Each rig contains 6 graphics card with the one raiser connectivity to increase it big numbers.

I've no accurate info about RX cards power consumption. But for my 7 x GTX1070 rig I use 1600W PSU. It has enough reserve for any algo and I don't worry about GPU powering with this PSU. The power supply reserve is never excess.

BitcoinboyBlog (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2017, 10:07:28 PM

So I replaced the PSU with a much more powerful one, and nothing has changed
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: