Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:09:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Block/remove coinhive minning script from faucet sites.  (Read 820 times)
tungaqhd (OP)

Activity: 1540
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 12:45:13 PM

Hello, i see many peoples complain about some faucet owners add coin-hive script to the website without any warnning to users. Today i visited one site and that script makes my laptop overheat and lag AngryAngryAngry
But i found this addon J2TeaM Security for Chrome.
It will help you block/remove coin-hive script from website and give you a warnning that there is a minning script.
Morever it will block dangerous sites which is openned from faucet's popup ads.
Download here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/j2team-security/hmlcjjclebjnfohgmgikjfnbmfkigocc/related
http://coinbox.club/threads/block-faucet-websites-which-use-cpu-mining-without-warnning.45/
xnd

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

@DEVRAWL

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:03:43 PM

Thanks but i get the same result as here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1672870.msg22430454#msg22430454

the chat on FH won't load if that JS is not loaded Sad

tungaqhd (OP)

Activity: 1540
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:09:31 PM

The FH chat is based on Ajax (or NODE), the addon might blocked the chat's requests.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1341

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 11:25:14 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2017, 04:50:32 PM by LTU_btc

Is there are anything similar for Firefox browser can be found?
And as I understand, by using this addon, it's not possible to claim from faucets which are using Coinhive proof of work captcha and proof of work shortlinks?

EDIT
Found Coinhive blocker for Mozilla Firefox https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/no-coin/
But when it's turned on, I can't see Faucethub chat :/

maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 12:42:11 PM

Probably everyone will be blocking coinhive in a few days. Which is rather sad... for webmasters it is very hard to monetize on one hand, and on the other hand there are lots of webmasters who abuse this kind of monetization.

corpsejunior

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:45:23 PM

Probably everyone will be blocking coinhive in a few days. Which is rather sad... for webmasters it is very hard to monetize on one hand, and on the other hand there are lots of webmasters who abuse this kind of monetization.

Sorry breaking visitors' PCs is not a legitimate way of monetizing.
A warning about pushing CPU work at maximum is a strict minimum.
PMmesexycoins

Activity: 546
Merit: 102

Stake's discord https://discord.gg/cZhK9vp

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:54:48 PM

I doubt many of the users visiting these have hardware with which is worth mining with.
R3x

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:48:49 AM

i don't think i need this google addon
I'm using avast antivirus and its block JS:Miner-C[Trj] malware
Salmen
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 01:41:00 PM

Though miner is not immediately mining on page load when visiting FaucetHub.io. There is no need to use a block if you aren't mining on FH and you won't get any advantages through this.
I'd consider blocking the miner on new faucets, because they do not ask to use the CPU resources which is according to CoinHives terms required.

Young Developer amidst Europe. Specialized in Web Programming and Creating Telegram Bots. Looking for a developer? Feel free to drop a mail to me.
Running JaguarBitcoin - Your Place For Scripts
Kema

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 03:25:27 PM

S0rry for awakening a dead thread but I discovered something worth mentioning in regards to this topic.
It's not necessarily the miner that is causing the cpu to run at 99%.
Some ads run the cpu at 99% and I've found no way of throttling it barring removing the ads completely. So, a miner might be set low so as not to load your cpu too much. but the page will still register as running your cpu at 99% because of the ad.
IMHO browser mining is actually much more user friendly than a lot of advertising. Faucet owners need to have an income somehow, otherwise no more faucets.
I do think it's only fair to show on the page that you are using a browser miner.
Would you rather be loaded down with ads or have your cpu taxed a little extra? Especially when the ads themselves might run you cpu hard.

Don't just short links, ezLink them!
BlueYozakuraBTC

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

WILL SKYPE CHAT FOR 3 MILLION COMPOUND COIN

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 09:17:25 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2017, 09:27:37 AM by BlueYozakuraBTC

Don't mean to bump this thread but this is a good topic. I don't mind Ads as that's expected and I have never seen my computer jump to crazy levels over ads. It's the coinhive mining feature that is the problem and will continue to be the problem on sites that embed that feature.

I've been collecting from faucets on and off for several years and my computer never hit a drastic spike because of a few pop-ups. Even so pop-ups can be closed relatively quickly so it's not a major issue and it makes sense that ads will be on a faucets.

Coinhive however is what takes 99-100% of your computer resources so I can't collect at many of the new faucets that have sprung up in the last year or two.

I only really use DigitalArtistsOnline. I think one of their sites has a religious pop up and that's it but the 5 others have just slide ins where by the time you collect you're right off the page. Collecting from their 6 faucets within their platform takes a minute or two every 5 to 10 mins.

These new faucets on these other sites are really just over the f**king top!!! I wish faucetbox would come back because I loved their whole set up.

SO LET ME TELL YOU WHAT THESE OTHER FAUCETS ACTUALLY DO:  

You first get to one faucet and then it blasts your computer with a bunch of ads all over it.
You'll also get "coinhive" trying to kill your computer.
You attempt to rush and hurry up but...
You have to click on a box to watch yet ANOTHER AD just to get to the captcha. Ohh and the captcha is weird as it's not just the picture collage but there weird XXX or--- sometimes it's odd character , font comparisons, odd numbering sequences etc.

All of this keeps you on the site longer and some of the captcha is hard to figure out because it's too light against the background wall or you literally can't make out if it's an r or c or k. So all of this deep focusing creates errors where you're like "I don't know what the hell that character is" so that it refreshes the page to start all over again.

Once you get through that crap...
You have to wait several seconds to click another box that will give you several pop up ads most are dangerous as hell if you don't close it. Coinhive will pop up a few times here.
Then it forwards you to another link that needs you to complete another different type of captcha after a 30 second wait and many times doesn't do a redirect back to where you were so YOU HAVE TO START ALL OVER AGAIN. If it doesn't do this...

It will refresh and say "error" taking you back to the first page ( this is intentional)

You have to go back though all of those steps I listed above and then finally complete another captcha because after the sat/litoshi or whatever goes through they give you another button to CLAIM. So now you click CLAIM and then you get pushed to another site that gives you a countdown clock of 30 seconds

You get two more pop ups that require you to go through another captcha and then it finally says....

YOU JUST RECEIVED 25 SAT!!

Minimum to withdraw is around 27000 when you count the whole "micro processor" fee into the mix.

By the time I did that after a few clicks I just said nah this feels like CRYPTO SLAVERY. I'll pass.  

I downloaded Malwarebytes and after just a one day visit at I believe at faucethub it had quarantined 11 different items. It will not even let me look at that site now just blocks the entire site right out of the gate.

▓▓▓▓▓▒░░
                       ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
        ░░           ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░
      ▒░        ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░
    ░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
   ░▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░            ▒
  ▒░▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░              ░▓▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█░             ░▓▓▓░
 ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█░           ░▒▓▓▓▓▓░
     ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒          ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░         ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ░▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░          ░▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
░▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░          ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
░▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓░       ░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
░▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓░  ░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓░
 ░▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓░     ░░
  ░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░      ░█░
   ░▓▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░        ░██░
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░          ░███▒
      ░░▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░             ░▒█████░
                           ░░▒██████░
            ░░░░░░░░░░▒▒█████████░
                 ░░░░░░░░░░░░
Sphere .
  DECENTRALIZED SOCIAL NETWORK 
         OVER 250,000 HAVE JOINED!
ICO DATE 
Feb. 12, 2018
███
███████░
███████████
██████████████░
██████████████████
█████████████████████░
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████░
█████████████████
█████████████░
██████████
██████░
GET IT ON
Google Play
                     ░███
                   █████░
                  █████░
                 ▒███▓
         ░███▓       ░████▓
      ████████████████████████
    ░█████████████████████████
   ░████████████████████████▒
   ████████████████████████
   ░██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
       ░████████████████████▓
           █████    █████
DOWNLOAD ON THE
App Store
tomos81

Activity: 952
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:25:57 AM

javascript miner is dangerous to your CPU,also overheats and slows down your computer.
javascript is the worst mining technology, c++ miners are much more effective, giving more cash,hashrate and not damaging/heating your computer. I made this opportunity on my mining page, to save your computers and give higherearnings.
if webmasters planning to add coinhive shit to their pages, they must make an alternative, or warn users of that possible damage.

also coinhive giving out only 70% of money you mining with 50% of effectivity your computer can reach. not recommended

▄███████████████████████▄
▀████████████████████████
░████████████████████████
░███████████████████████▀
░███████████████████████
░███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████▀▀█████▀▀██████▀
| 
 Low Fidelity - High Potential 
|
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███▄░▄░███████▀▄███
█████▄▀█▄▀███▀▄██████
███████░██░▀▄████████
████████▄▀█▄▀████████
████████▀▄▀██░███████
██████▀▄███░██▄▀█████
████▀▄██████▄▀▀░▀████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███████████████████
██████▀░░▀▀▀░░▀██████
█████░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░█████
████▌░░██▌░▐██░░▐████
████░░░░▀░░░▀░░░░████
████▄▄░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀░▄▄████

█████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀███
███████████▀▀░░░░████
███████▀▀░░▄▄▀░░▐████
████▀░░░▄██▀░░░░█████
███████░█▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░░▄▄░░░██████
██████████████▄██████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
getrichquack

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

Need money

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:14:01 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2017, 09:54:05 AM by getrichquack

Hi

My understanding is that this "stealth mining" is not harmful to your system in any way .

I've been hit a few times. I usually notice because  one of my system fans start to "whirr" away with no apparent load.

I have done a lot of mining in the past and it sounds like my video card  is being flogged the way i used to drive it when i was running a GPU mining client.   Upon checking , I noticed an accompanying drain on system resources with my CPU usage hopping up to about 26%.

It wasn't a bit deal I guess, but had i been watching a movie or doing something resource intensive for myself, I suspect it would have affected it .

However, even if the effects are pretty  "negligible" ...quite honestly ...Its just damn RUDE.
Nobody has the right to use my resources ...except me ...Specially not without my permission.

I cant believe that someone feels that this is a good business model Huh?!!!

Also, It's obviously using internet bandwidth and in a house with 4 teenagers ...you don't need that !!

" hey I got a good idea for a business . Lets piss off half the world , by hijacking random peoples computers to mine bitcoins for us!!!"

Seriously?Huh

Final word: Don't be too quick to blame ALL web masters.

I run a modest site

http://www.getsomebitcoins.com

I can assure you I go out of my way to avoid including anything that "ruins" the user experience. Excessive pop ups / unders , offensive content etc ...all excluded. ( when I catch them). There is no way that I would run a script like "Coinhive" deliberately . I don't care what the revenue benefit is.

However, last week I  was running a simple 300x300 banner add from one company and be dammed if they didn't send Coinhive down the pipe with it!!! I called them out on it and they quickly took it off and told me it was a mistake and  that they had been "experimenting" and used the wrong server ...(lol yeah sure)

Anyway...my point is that even the web masters are getting stooged !

DigDeepMining

Activity: 580
Merit: 253

Atheios.org

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:32:39 PM

Hello, i see many peoples complain about some faucet owners add coin-hive script to the website without any warnning to users. Today i visited one site and that script makes my laptop overheat and lag AngryAngryAngry
But i found this addon J2TeaM Security for Chrome.
It will help you block/remove coin-hive script from website and give you a warnning that there is a minning script.
Morever it will block dangerous sites which is openned from faucet's popup ads.
Download here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/j2team-security/hmlcjjclebjnfohgmgikjfnbmfkigocc/related
http://coinbox.club/threads/block-faucet-websites-which-use-cpu-mining-without-warnning.45/

Just installed this, thank you so much its a great tool Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: