Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:40:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Different GPU's in 1 rig --> problems?  (Read 353 times)
Purpleberry (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 02:10:01 PM

Hey,

I currently have 2xGTX1070's (Gigabyte) and 2x1080TI's(Gigabyte) in my rig. According to multiple sources, all the 10 series gpu's should have the same driver , or at least the drivers from the 1080s (which were installed first) should be compatible downwards for the 10 series..

Yet after hours of installing problems and driver screwups and even a windows clean install, nicehash keeps crashing ...

I have no more ideas were to look for the problem.. both nicehash 2 and legacy dont work properly...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
posternat

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 05:00:24 PM

Hey,

I currently have 2xGTX1070's (Gigabyte) and 2x1080TI's(Gigabyte) in my rig. According to multiple sources, all the 10 series gpu's should have the same driver , or at least the drivers from the 1080s (which were installed first) should be compatible downwards for the 10 series..

Yet after hours of installing problems and driver screwups and even a windows clean install, nicehash keeps crashing ...

I have no more ideas were to look for the problem.. both nicehash 2 and legacy dont work properly...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Should not be an issue, just don't mix the protocols along the buses. There is such a small chance that you will ever make any real money in the GPU mining world that you can take plenty of time and tinker with the system setup. Just go one step at a time and make sure that you cover every aspect of the installs.
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 05:14:34 PM

Hey,

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Even to me, Nice hash miner shows the Not compatible notification whenever I start the Nice hash application. For this mining software your pc should i& processor which the nvidia GPU. For my friend it is working with the software. Just go with the different mining software like claymore or cgminer which can provide the feasibility in working.
GaryH

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 05:26:11 PM

Hey,

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I've had Nicehash give me problems also and I run 5 * 1070s.  So figure out what coin you want to mine and get a miner for that coin and see how it does.  I have issues with CCminer, but Claymore and EWBF work fine for me.  Once you try another miner you can see if it's just Nicehash or hardware.
Purpleberry (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:27:26 AM

Hey,

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Should not be an issue, just don't mix the protocols along the buses. There is such a small chance that you will ever make any real money in the GPU mining world that you can take plenty of time and tinker with the system setup. Just go one step at a time and make sure that you cover every aspect of the installs.

Thanks!

I disagree with the 'not making real money' statement. I'm making around $250-$300 at times, I'd say the constant average is probably closer to $200-220. That is real money for me. I'm not looking to make thousands of dollars every month. What I AM looking for is get as many BTC in my wallet as I can for when they get really really fucking expensive.
A lot of predictions range from 10k to a million... I'd be happy with 10k already... but hey the more the better.

Can you imagine if in 5 years 1 btc is worth 25-50k? Ridiculous.. but a guy can dream right?
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:34:15 AM

I have 1070s 1080tis, and 1060s on one rig. Same driver no problem. If you've gone as far as doing the clean install, just drop nicehash altogether. They will be draining your profits anyway. You will be better off going directly with your desired coin's mining software. (e.g. claymore's dual miner for ethereum).
Sev18

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:36:48 AM

There are many mining rigs with different GPUs, 10 series + 9 series, even Nvidia + AMD GPUs.
Mostly mining rigs with same 10 series don't problems. Try using other miners instead of nicehash.

■■■■■■■  Multi-Algo Switching Manager - MULTIPOOL MULTIALGO Profit Switch Launcher  ■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■             https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2041971             ■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■                           Download Now!                           ■■■■■■■
matuson

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 12:24:29 PM

Recently do all users complain about the software from nicehash. I guess they changed their programmers. May be they are now working students? I recommend you try to install an older version of their miners. I don't use nvidia GPU. I have GPU from AMD. Work great with version 2.0.0.12 nicehash and an older version 1.7.5.14.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: