Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:40:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitpay is horrible  (Read 180 times)
semaforo (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 03:29:08 PM

Tried to convince a guy to sign up for bitpay so I could pay him in bitcoin. He's in the UK. Finally he gets it set up, I send him the money. Then he tells me it says there's a 1000 GBP minimum withdrawal, so he can't get the money. So he refunds it to me. After a day or two I get an email notifying me that I need to accept a refund. So I go and put in the address for the refund. It says it will process within 1 to 2 days. 3 days later, still no sign of it. What a lame experience. Bitcoin is supposed to be better than conventional banking, not worse.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 03:39:53 PM

Tried to convince a guy to sign up for bitpay so I could pay him in bitcoin. He's in the UK. Finally he gets it set up, I send him the money. Then he tells me it says there's a 1000 GBP minimum withdrawal, so he can't get the money. So he refunds it to me. After a day or two I get an email notifying me that I need to accept a refund. So I go and put in the address for the refund. It says it will process within 1 to 2 days. 3 days later, still no sign of it. What a lame experience. Bitcoin is supposed to be better than conventional banking, not worse.

I totally agree that bitpay is horrible, their conversion fees from bitcoin to USD is 16%. I stopped using them because of their fees, as there are better options out there. However, their business policies should not discourage you from using bitcoins, what someone/entity does after you send them your coins is entirely up to them. You will get your coins though, they are solid when it comes to things like that.
Lone Shark

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 03:55:40 PM

I guess bitpay was not intended for small transactions like what you had, I believe bitpay was intended for people that wanted to accept bitcoins as payments for their business in the long term. Probably you should have just paid him through other payment channels.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: