Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:53:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which coin can replace Ethereum?  (Read 1116 times)
rooster2000bka

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:25:18 PM

I think Waves best than obove coin you said! But it need more workd! NEO is a good ideal but it from china and .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
loty1825

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:38:44 PM

Ethereum is current the #no2 of all Altcoins with smart contract features and possibly one of the strongest among all Altcoins. Which coin do you think will replace Ethereum in the future (if they managed to fork)? Or do you think Ethereum will remain it's #no2 position and and no other Altcoins can beat? I have a list below that have the potential. Would appreciate to have your input.

1. Lisk (open source; Crypti fork)
    - Javascript (typescript) based; Blockchain Application Platform; DPOS; Lisk APP SDK; Sidechain owner rights

2. Qtum (open source; combines Bitcoin Core fork; ERC-20 token) own Mainet soon!
    - hybrid blockchain application platform; self-aware governing system; EVM; POS; Oracle & Datafeeds allow smart contracts

3. MelonPort (open source; ERC-20 token)
    - Asset (Hedge Fund) management; M-0; Module builders; smart contract with traceable transaction; Oyente partnership

4. Zcash (open source)
   - privacy-shielded transactions (inc. public & private address); zero-knowledge proof @ zk-SNARKs;

5. EOS (open source; ERC-20 token)
   - powered by Block.one; POS; horizontal scaling of dAPPS; token distribution for 341 days; flexi-applications; web toolkits

6. NEO (open source)
   - 'The chinese Ethereum' (rebranding from Antshares); Neocontracts; dApps; dBFT consensus mechanism; superconducting transactions; NeoX-NeoQS-NeoFS

Very interesting topic.

There are other platforms that claim to be better than ethereum, but the fact is none can do anything ethereum can't. It's just their marketing claiming they can do better. Ethereum has great step ahead of any other platform and has by far largest support of enterprise companies and the community. Before any other platforms catch up, ethereum migth have so many running projects on top of it's platform it wil become a standard platform, and it will be very hard for others to catch up.

1. Lisk: Lisk claims to be better because of javascript and sidechains. Nonsense. Ethereum's Solidity language is very similar to javascript, so developers that know javascript can learn it in a day. And Solidity was designed to program smart crontracts, javascript wasn't so it's more suitable for smart contracts for sure. And it's faster for developers to learn Solidity than to learn how to use javascript to make smart contracts. Ethereum is also capable of doing sidechains. They already have agreement with JP Morgan on making a private sidechain for them. The DPoS of Lisk isn't as good as PoS system ethereum will implement. Well we could argue about that, but in my opinion DPoS give too much power to just a few nodes. Lisk only has 101 nodes called active delegates that forge blocks, other modes can only give votes to other nodes. The more Lisk you have, the more voting power you have. So only top 101 nodes make profit from forging blocks and they stockpile more and more Lisk so their voting power increases leaving other nodes less and less chance to become active and start forging. This leads to centralization far worse than with PoS.

2. I can't comment on Qtum, because I haven't looked into it yet.

3. Melon port is just an investment platform. It solves just a single porblem. No way it can compete with any platform that runs other platforms, capable of solving countless different problems.

4. Zcash can only do private transactions. It also solves just single problem. But guess what ethereum can do zKSnarks too. They are already testing implentations of zKSnarks on their testnet and it will be part of the Metropolis hard fork that is expected next month.

5. EOS is nothing but a piece of paper. The idea of free transactions and easier implementation of projects seems fine on paper. But they promised the testnet by the end of the summer and have done nothing yet. I'm afraid EOS might be just a way to make the developers very rich. Their ICO certainly is get rich quick scheme for developers. If I'm not mistaken dPoS similar to Lisk is planned so it might have same centralization problems as Lisk. Only time will tell if they deliver and before they do, ethereum will be way ahead and hard to beat.

6. NEO is good project. I believe it will be more widely adopted in China than ethereum. But it won't beat ethereum in the rest of the world, because it's tailored to Chinese government and it will never be able to support privacy. If it did Chinese government would ban it for sure. Pros towards ethereum is passive income in form of GAS and limited supply, which make it great investment for passive income.

7. You didn't mention this one, but Stratis also is competitor platform to ethereum. They calim they're better because it can do sidechains and uses C# programming lanugage and it's supported by Microsoft. For the sidechain and C# part, goes the same as Lisk, they're not really advantages. And Microsoft supports etherem (and also NEO) as well.

I think none of the projects currently out there have chance to beat ethereum, I even believe ethereum will take No. 1 spot from bitcoin before the end of next year. Ethereum has countless ways of being useful, bitcoin can only do transactions and hold value. It's impossible to solve countless problems on bitcoin blockhain, because it's design is old and wasn't made that way. And it's even outdated technolgoy at what it does, there are many coins out there that could do it better, they just aren't that widely adopted yet. But in next decades I'm sure even better blockchains will come that will beat ethereum, we just haven't dicovered them yet.

izumaki

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:47:18 PM

i think neo, pivx, ark and waves would give eth a run
Qiuyue201

Activity: 537

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:49:56 PM

Ethereum is current the #no2 of all Altcoins with smart contract features and possibly one of the strongest among all Altcoins. Which coin do you think will replace Ethereum in the future (if they managed to fork)? Or do you think Ethereum will remain it's #no2 position and and no other Altcoins can beat? I have a list below that have the potential. Would appreciate to have your input.

1. Lisk (open source; Crypti fork)
    - Javascript (typescript) based; Blockchain Application Platform; DPOS; Lisk APP SDK; Sidechain owner rights

2. Qtum (open source; combines Bitcoin Core fork; ERC-20 token) own Mainet soon!
    - hybrid blockchain application platform; self-aware governing system; EVM; POS; Oracle & Datafeeds allow smart contracts

3. MelonPort (open source; ERC-20 token)
    - Asset (Hedge Fund) management; M-0; Module builders; smart contract with traceable transaction; Oyente partnership

4. Zcash (open source)
   - privacy-shielded transactions (inc. public & private address); zero-knowledge proof @ zk-SNARKs;

5. EOS (open source; ERC-20 token)
   - powered by Block.one; POS; horizontal scaling of dAPPS; token distribution for 341 days; flexi-applications; web toolkits

6. NEO (open source)
   - 'The chinese Ethereum' (rebranding from Antshares); Neocontracts; dApps; dBFT consensus mechanism; superconducting transactions; NeoX-NeoQS-NeoFS

Very interesting topic.

There are other platforms that claim to be better than ethereum, but the fact is none can do anything ethereum can't. It's just their marketing claiming they can do better. Ethereum has great step ahead of any other platform and has by far largest support of enterprise companies and the community. Before any other platforms catch up, ethereum migth have so many running projects on top of it's platform it wil become a standard platform, and it will be very hard for others to catch up.

1. Lisk: Lisk claims to be better because of javascript and sidechains. Nonsense. Ethereum's Solidity language is very similar to javascript, so developers that know javascript can learn it in a day. And Solidity was designed to program smart crontracts, javascript wasn't so it's more suitable for smart contracts for sure. And it's faster for developers to learn Solidity than to learn how to use javascript to make smart contracts. Ethereum is also capable of doing sidechains. They already have agreement with JP Morgan on making a private sidechain for them. The DPoS of Lisk isn't as good as PoS system ethereum will implement. Well we could argue about that, but in my opinion DPoS give too much power to just a few nodes. Lisk only has 101 nodes called active delegates that forge blocks, other modes can only give votes to other nodes. The more Lisk you have, the more voting power you have. So only top 101 nodes make profit from forging blocks and they stockpile more and more Lisk so their voting power increases leaving other nodes less and less chance to become active and start forging. This leads to centralization far worse than with PoS.

2. I can't comment on Qtum, because I haven't looked into it yet.

3. Melon port is just an investment platform. It solves just a single porblem. No way it can compete with any platform that runs other platforms, capable of solving countless different problems.

4. Zcash can only do private transactions. It also solves just single problem. But guess what ethereum can do zKSnarks too. They are already testing implentations of zKSnarks on their testnet and it will be part of the Metropolis hard fork that is expected next month.

5. EOS is nothing but a piece of paper. The idea of free transactions and easier implementation of projects seems fine on paper. But they promised the testnet by the end of the summer and have done nothing yet. I'm afraid EOS might be just a way to make the developers very rich. Their ICO certainly is get rich quick scheme for developers. If I'm not mistaken dPoS similar to Lisk is planned so it might have same centralization problems as Lisk. Only time will tell if they deliver and before they do, ethereum will be way ahead and hard to beat.

6. NEO is good project. I believe it will be more widely adopted in China than ethereum. But it won't beat ethereum in the rest of the world, because it's tailored to Chinese government and it will never be able to support privacy. If it did Chinese government would ban it for sure. Pros towards ethereum is passive income in form of GAS and limited supply, which make it great investment for passive income.

7. You didn't mention this one, but Stratis also is competitor platform to ethereum. They calim they're better because it can do sidechains and uses C# programming lanugage and it's supported by Microsoft. For the sidechain and C# part, goes the same as Lisk, they're not really advantages. And Microsoft supports etherem (and also NEO) as well.

I think none of the projects currently out there have chance to beat ethereum, I even believe ethereum will take No. 1 spot from bitcoin before the end of next year. Ethereum has countless ways of being useful, bitcoin can only do transactions and hold value. It's impossible to solve countless problems on bitcoin blockhain, because it's design is old and wasn't made that way. And it's even outdated technolgoy at what it does, there are many coins out there that could do it better, they just aren't that widely adopted yet. But in next decades I'm sure even better blockchains will come that will beat ethereum, we just haven't dicovered them yet.

None of them all will replace the ethereum , and zcash will be doing a combination with the smarcontract technology to merried the zksnarks with the byzantium network which it can be determined as a good spear to attack other altcoin. As the second major token after the bitcoin and that will be difficult to replace the ethereum.
steve0nz

Activity: 358

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:55:37 PM

I consider to be the greatest competitor Ethereum - is chinese ethereum - NEO

It's not Chinese 'ethereum' - it's neo. I am unsure of the future of NEO considering the FUD coming form there lately. China wan't more control of their market and will be creating their own coin soon.
Revelations86

Activity: 428
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:02:54 PM

Aeternity, Tezos and Cosmos are also promising.
fredforthewin

Activity: 79
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 12:43:34 AM

Litecoin, dash, zcash who knows? If I knew I buy a bunch of them.
Antivoid

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 12:47:13 AM

i think the exit coins cant replace eth, if must be any coin to replace eth, that must be a new coin which has a great improvement on technology and also with good luck
NoiseBoy

Activity: 266

Sound. Fury. Signifying.

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:01:27 AM

I think that Ethereum will be replaced by... Ethereum.

The development road map for eth is such that the "finished" product will be practically unrecognizable by someone who only ever saw Ethereum 0.1

PoS, sharding, zk-SNARKs, a host of scaling upgrades, the list goes on.
leandro996

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:04:56 AM

to my clear view the ltc or waves are great coins with very great potential
marcelocoin

Activity: 1085
Merit: 500

hi =D

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2017, 02:36:08 AM

certainly a coin that has great potential and NEO, but we have the WAVES too ... well only time will tell us what rage to maintain its level of value and price.
nareshrohra

Activity: 158

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:43:16 AM

I don't think Ethereum getting replaced. It may face some competition from few coins but they have their own problems. NEO is a good competitor but recently it dropped by as much as 50% based on a news from a country. How's that for a reliability.

By the way; as of now, the gap of market share between it and #3 is four times.

bcnaranjo

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:46:49 AM

Right now, for me there are none yet to replace Ethereum, there maybe some that are into smart contracts but that have not proven so much yet like the ethereum where ERC Tokens  are coming out from the platform. But I guess developers are always thinking so hard to do another thing.
kilobytez (OP)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

What's Quirky In Life?

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:59:56 AM

What I don't like about Ethereum is the GAS used. It can be relatively cheap you know? Who wants to pay for a 500k GAS to send a transaction during congestion?? Like IOTA, using the tangle chain and 0 transaction fee which is a breakthrough and many company is looking into it!

░░░░░ Join Bitcoin Asia Network (BAN): https://goo.gl/LCCvy4 ░░░░░
 ░░░░░ COSS Token [Exchange] : https://goo.gl/uTFWbp  ░░░░░ Tips : 0xC8A0eF18f18F19d59CF5603f1777c181BE67205D ░░░░░
phuongden

Activity: 95
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:09:19 AM

I think ETH cannot replace. If can, this is Lisk. This is my idea. Thank for support
betlord90

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:15:06 AM

If we could guess on which one could replace the ethereum if there something strange happen on it is the closest coin near to it on the market and those are Ripple and the BCC or maybe even the Dash and The litecoins could ever beat the ethereum if this one will be out supported by its supporters. But this current thoughs will be hard to imagine since there are so many huge coin named are using the ethereum blockchain and that could make the ethereum run good perfectly on this industry.
Amalker

Activity: 826

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:19:56 AM

I can't see such coin for now, that can replace ETH in near future. There no need for AnyNewEthereumCoin, we need to improve this Ethereum.
Klausi

Activity: 536

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:22:18 AM

i think the exit coins cant replace eth, if must be any coin to replace eth, that must be a new coin which has a great improvement on technology and also with good luck

That's not possible for now mate, and of they are hoping that eth will be replaced soon then it's wrong for now. As we will be observing lately exchange site like etherdelta is an ethereum platform that earns ether while exchanging with the exchanger site. How a strong foundation coin will be replaced with this kind of coins despite that the current situation is really struggling for now on those new promising coins.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:41:57 AM

I can't see anything replacing ETH as the top altcoin. It is too embedded now, it would take a lot to shift it. Maybe in the long term something might appear, but no real challengers right now.

xsaints128

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:56:15 PM

Just like bitcoin, ethereum is on the top of all other alts, marketcap is around $29.3 billion. So, in the near future no other alt can compete with it but in the long run anything can happen after all its crypto world.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: