Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:08:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kickstarter "Startups" vs Bitcointalk ICOs  (Read 183 times)
Ucy (OP)

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 04:50:30 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2017, 05:07:37 PM by Ucy

Does anyone know the success rate of Start-ups raising funds on websites like Kickstarter, GoFundMe & Indiegogo?

There are tons of new projects popping up on such large Crowdfunding without commensurate companies developing from them.
Bitcointalk has produce Unique Altcoin like Ethereum, Monereo, Zcash, DECENT, Steemit and tons of other successful projects, what has Kickstarter produce that is widely used today?

Seems statistically likely that out of 100 projects a company (Google for example) is working on, only 1 or 0 could succeed in the long run...which is just 1% or less ... So dont you think it's just normal that out of the thousands of experimental projects only few end up successful . If the success rate were higher (let say 10%—50‰), many more companies would be existing.
Governments even waste lots of tax payers money on projects that may never be successful, so why the hypocrisy.

Could the hate on more effective crowdfunding site like Bitcointalk a calculated attempt by some governments to stifle innovations of Cryotocurrencies? If the owner is motivated by money I bet he could make himself as wealthy as very greedy owners  of Social Media & traditionally Crowdfunding sites but he spread the wealth among users which is part of what Blockchain/Cryptocurrency is about.  Don't get me wrong, i 100% believe that some kind of checks have to be put in place to prevent people from abusing GoFundMe, Kickstarter & Bitcointalk but calling  for an outright ban of ICO is like calling for ban on traditional start-ups.. . too insensitive.

I even suspect that "they" are frustrated that the "elites (aka government) owned" Fintech aren't as successful?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: