Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:32:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this Forum full of 'normal people' who over the years became filthy rich?  (Read 2333 times)
f150

Activity: 606
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:00:17 PM

Surely those who are active and are in this forum from the beginning until now surely they have become rich and successful, if I was in this forum from the beginning until now would have felt the same. Being in this forum will be very useful for all members in it. Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:12:00 PM

Still waiting for $20K
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:19:40 PM

All rich people are 'normal people', just like the non-rich.

The elites and the media want to brainwash you to think they are somehow special and put them on a pedestal.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:21:12 PM

People are different. In terms of their financial situation, their personality and will to take some risk or not.
There are definitely people from the early years, 2011-2013, who have hundreds or thousands of Bitcoins and were able to hold them. These guys are doing pretty good right now.
There also people who were throwing some spare money into alts coins when they worth mostly nothing. They are doing pretty good as well, as long as they made it to sell at the top for most of the coins.
Others with no spare money studied Bitcoin and the technology behind it. Some of them are working for startups in this space now and earning up to 6 figured per year. Those guys are doing also pretty good.
But in general the most guys here did not became filthy rich.That'S definitely not the case.
And what are 'normal people' by the way?  Cheesy
sofi@

Activity: 238
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:31:20 PM

I guess there really millionaires here because of bitcoin but not that much or majority are not because as what we said people here are normal people who looks for additional income and surely whatever they earn from bitcoin are converted and use to finance their expenses only few were able to keep their bitcoin and hold for a long term investment that's maybe the reason why the market of bitcoin grows because people who learn bitcoin increase every year while the old ones remain here and keep working to earn more

justdimin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:54:01 PM

Hi there

I was thinking
Bitcoin must have created a biiig amount of new millionairs, doesn't it?
I mean people who got interested in bitcoins early, liberals, doomsday government critics, criminals and drug users who used silk road, normal poor people like me. There must be a vast amount of cracy stories of people finding themselves filthy rich.
Did you get rich? Would be very interested in stories.

Mine:
I invested about 10k in bitcoin at about 600 usd, that was about 4 years ago. Was all my money at that time, i saved it in the 6 years before that. Read some book about where to safely invest that did not mention bitcoin at all, then i saw video about bitcoin and put money there.
Then it went lower for more than a year, down to 200usd. When it finally went over 600 again, i sold 1/3rd, argh Smiley
So it's about 8x to 80k now. Great stuff, but 80k is not exactly big money. (But it's big compared to my income, it's about 8 years of my salary actually)
Stupidly i did not put my money i saved in these years into bitcoin.. i just did put it again into Bitcoin recently - i decided to go all in again. The bet is that bitcoin goes to 7k or above in next 5 years. (If it goes below 3500 i start to lose my not-yet-realised wins, if it goes to 7k i will have 200k, if it goes to 15k i will have 400k; - 200k and 400k (euros) means different amounts of financial freedom for me: of not 'having' to work to just survive, but to have income through just having money. (6% interest of 200k is 12k euros per year. I can live off that)
Nice! I guess you already have up to 200k right now. You could have been filthy rich but it was only delayed which apparently you are now. It is even very good you did not go all out when you recovered your funds back and then you were patient enough during the first huge dip back then as so many people ended up selling for losses.

Good to hear your story and I wish I have a better story except that I have been a spender at some point and savings aren’t as much as that.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
valying

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:14:59 PM

The elites and the media want to brainwash you to think they are somehow special and put them on a pedestal.
I don't think rich people are " normal people" as your thoughts, if rich people are just nomal like other guys so this world will be furfilled of rich people? Then who will be the poor guy in this scenario?

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
Lampaster

Activity: 406
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:54:10 PM

Honestly, I don't know these people. It only seems that those who had bitcoins in 2010 became millionaires this year. Actually bitcoin is mathematically very easy to calculate. If now the price will collapse to $ 100 for example. Who will keep the bitcoins? Everyone will panic to sell them. No one will have to wait a few years. During this time, whales can buy all the coins on the market, and again to raise prices. Even if bitcoin will be worth $ 1,000,000 we will not have coins to become a millionaire.
Altas

Activity: 366
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:46:05 PM

Most of the people around the forum were the common people, but some has gained themselves good through different sources available. Have the thought of earning and then hold it for a bigger profit, because experts have predicted that the price will reach great barriers in the future as everything is getting interlinked to bitcoin through some form.
btcone111

Activity: 266
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:18:00 PM

I know people who bought a large amount of scam alt coins - losing $20K + within a few months.
Even those who have bought BTC when it was very cheap, how many of them have HODL? How many of them have actually cashed out?
Also don't forget, for those we have not sold their BTC, it's all just paper gain, not realised gain... the BTC game is still on going.

scambust
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:22:30 PM

Don't believe the narrative. Many of the old BTC hodlers had probably cashed out in the low $300 and then disappeared for months. And then they probably re-bought bitcoins when the price broke the old ATH. Of course no one will admit that.

slyfox

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:47:11 AM

I don't think so. It's not so easy to become bitcoin richman as it look at first glance. And if they were millionaires they wouldn't probably be here on forum anymore. Not so many people have kept bitcoins long enough to become really rich although there are some who have made big profit. I still think there are only few people who made their dreams come trough with bitcoins and who can say they are rich. But having in mind the volatility that doen't mean they will be rich tomorrow too.
I disagree with this, if I were to became rich with bitcoin, something not very likely, I will keep my account as a memory of that , how cool it could be to be one of those that got a lot of success in bitcoin, so to me there are many people in this forum that are holding good amounts of bitcoin and probably are not making a big deal about it.
Kathan

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:19:41 AM

I guess many are holding their BTC until today and are only rich on the screen, but as one big fish starts to cash out the values will drop again and that may cause a little chain reaction which drops the BTC price a little.
So..the more BTC-Millionairs want to turn their BTC into fiat, the less Millionaires are left.

But as the prices drop a lot..many many people will buy because they believe in the rise..which actually causes the rise.

In a szenario that is very unlikely to happen, where BTC fails and the prices drop to 100$ per BTC, i would go nuts and even sell my car to buy as much as i can... xD
jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:41:55 AM

Don't believe the narrative. Many of the old BTC hodlers had probably cashed out in the low $300 and then disappeared for months. And then they probably re-bought bitcoins when the price broke the old ATH. Of course no one will admit that.
Everyone must have experienced it, I'm sure most users who have long use Bitcoin definitely experience the incident. Some people will benefit and some will certainly suffer losses. If people who used to sell Bitcoin at rates below 1000 $ will definitely regret it, because we all know that the current Bitcoin price has reached $ 8300.
cydrix

Activity: 602
Merit: 129

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:51:47 AM

I guess many are holding their BTC until today and are only rich on the screen, but as one big fish starts to cash out the values will drop again and that may cause a little chain reaction which drops the BTC price a little.
So..the more BTC-Millionairs want to turn their BTC into fiat, the less Millionaires are left.

But as the prices drop a lot..many many people will buy because they believe in the rise..which actually causes the rise.

In a szenario that is very unlikely to happen, where BTC fails and the prices drop to 100$ per BTC, i would go nuts and even sell my car to buy as much as i can... xD
They may have some problems like that so thats why this forum was created to assist that kind of problems and fix it properly and we also shares ideas to put some same problems into a resolved issue helped and be helped. Price drop  is not that of a big deal because bitcoin also recovers all that and eventually surpass ot somehow.
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 03:18:49 AM

No one expect bitcoin will be as much as now so when people decide to invest on bitcoin, they are consider as lucky person since there are no investation tool able like bitcoin.
Just take a look on bitcoin value, always grow exponentially from year to year so congrats for you who keep bitcoin from 2010

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
sunsilk

Activity: 2912
Merit: 620

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:00:10 AM

I don't think rich people are " normal people" as your thoughts, if rich people are just nomal like other guys so this world will be furfilled of rich people? Then who will be the poor guy in this scenario?
I do believe they are just also normal people. They have 5 senses and the only difference with them to us is that they are rich, simple as that.

We mostly talk about riches base on our understanding on the monetary ownership of those people. And don't forget that there are "normal people" who normally treating themselves as someone not special,yet they are rich.

The division that these elites and medias are doing is they are defining rich and normal people base on their standards.

And with my life now in bitcoin I may not say that I'm rich, I don't hold a lot of bitcoin but I'm a normal person.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: