Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:15:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 50 Cent - Get Rich or Die Trading - The Ultimate Beginners Guide  (Read 8090 times)
philakone (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 266

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:12:05 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2017, 04:11:27 PM by philakone
Merited by Bitfort (5), bobq (1)

Like 50 Cent said, Get Rich or Die Trading.

This guide is for everyone who's ever wanted a basic "how to trade guide" to learn the ropes. Please bump this if you enjoyed it.

In March 2016, when Ethereum was $10, I wrote this on the Ethereum Forum, a thread that got 100,000 views:

"My advice to everyone is and take it with a grain of salt:

You have a chance, a small chance, if you play your cards right, to get filthy rich. For example, there was one year where $100 of litecoin was worth $30,000 AFTER ONE YEAR. What you do now with your ether is up to you. You can horde it and hope (it will.. trust me it will go up so friggen much that it's going to blow your face away) it goes up. You can sell it right away or use the extra capital for trading crypto.. the choice is yours.

But just remember that Ethereum is HUGE. This is the biggest thing to happen on the internet in the longest time. How much you believe in Ethereum versus how much time you can afford to wait will determine what you do."

https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/5592/how-to-mine-get-started-fast-and-easy-for-windows-7-detailed-guide

The best thing I've ever done in life was TAKE MY OWN ADVICE ABOUT ETHEREUM.

Follow me on Youtube for my 9K in 90 Days Challenge starting with $200. Follow me on Twitter and Trading View too!

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/philakone1

Twitter - https://twitter.com/PhilakoneCrypto

Trading View - https://www.tradingview.com/u/philakone/

Here's the most simple and detailed guide to trading on the internet:

I remember two years ago when I first started trading. I was overwhelmed with the information out. So, here is the universal guide for all beginners that is proven to work time and time again. I highly suggest to study risk management, which will be a blog I'll touch briefly on soon.
Remember that we’re all in different stages of the game. Some of us just heard about it this year and are now curious because of the allure of making huge profits. While most of us reading this right now are enthusiasts, like myself, who’s constantly striving to learn, improve his kills, rid of arrogance and stubbornness, all for the grand goal of making profit. How can we do this? By sharing ideas and improving the community. Take what we’ve learned and pass it on, while filling our insatiable appetite to devour knowledge and grow further.

This is a guide solely intended for new audiences trading Bitcoin, where technology and politics are set aside.

These are my experiences and I want to share them.

Before I begin, I want to highly emphasize that trading is ruled by fear and greed. If it were easy and only the smartest people were successful, everyone would be doing it. Even the smartest guys lose money. Why? Because this is a game where your emotions MUST be controlled. You MUST exercise discipline, caution, and patience. You MUST make your own decisions, do the research, and perform the technical analysis.

Learn the necessary skills emotionally and technically to succeed. The emotional part of trading is not discussed much, but know that it’s just as important as the technical aspect. Stick to a strategy, eat, breathe, and sleep it while checking your emotions at the door. Do NOT panic my crypto friend, we will overcome the learning curve with ease.

"Dont predict the market. React to it."

- Tim Grittani and Tim Sykes

The bulls make money. The bears make money. And the pigs get slaughtered.

Do not trust anyone’s advice except your own and put in the hard work. Remember, we’re all competitors at the end of the day and every time a trader profits, another trader loses.

Choose your trade platform, set up your screens, pick a few indicators

I trade at http://bitfinex.com/ and am a very happy customer.

Trading View charts built in. Best charts you can get. Unlimited saves.
Clean and customizable platform
Margin trading to leverage 3.3X
Constant improvements and new coins added
High liquidity
Can trade /ETH/USD/BTC
Visually easy on the eyes

I have to admit there’s sometimes lag and orders don’t execute how you want them to, but every exchange has their issues and we can’t expect perfection. Deal with them as best we can and reserve our emotional energy because after all, trading is all about managing our emotions.

Here’s my setup on my main screen.

Remember that screen space is real estate. You want to have as much as possible in an ideal view to prevent neck and eye strain. My recommendation is at least 2 monitors. Some people may need more, and some less. It just comes down to what you need to monitor and personal preference. My other screens are a bunch of charts in different time frames of other coins, and another for social media/entertainment.

The most important things to have is the level 2, which is also known as the order book / trades. This let you see in real time momentum changes and potential walls. Also, you MUST have your order form readily available to execute quick decisions.
The time frames you monitor is dependent on what type of trader you are and what time you can allocate. For example, if you have a full time job, day trading on a 5 or 15 minute chart may not be for you as it requires too much time. Though a good choice would be to trade on a daily chart if you can only make a few trades a week.

For myself, I’m a day trader so I have 5, 15, and 30 minute charts up usually. Sometimes the 1 minute and 3 minute chart when precisely timing my entries and exits.

Be sure to familiarize yourself with all the tools and layout of your exchange. Know what everything is and be one with it. It’s important to ask yourself what kind of trader you want to be. It comes down to do you want to look for new opportunities with new coins or trade high liquidity and market cap coins like bitcoin, ethereum, and litecoin, or maybe a combination of everything.

I personally trade Bitcoin, OmiseGo, and Ethereum. These are the 3 coins that take up a large portion of my portfolio. It’s good to familiarize yourself with a few coins only so you can become experts by knowing their pattern and chart history. I don’t waste time looking for ICOs (initial coin offerings, like when a stock goes public, but here a coin) because most of them are scams. Nor do I care about what happens to them 6 months from now because I’m a day trader.

INDICATORS - RSI, MACD, Moving Average

Now out of a billion indicators to pick, choose a few. There are pros and cons of all indicators. Some swear by some, some swear by others.

When you read a large majority of technical analysis, you’ll find most of them reference these indicators. So it’s good to speak this language and also understand what these indicators are, how they’re used, and general strategies.

Let’s learn them quickly, but properly.

RSI – Relative Strength Index

This is a measure of momentum and how much strength it has to go up, sideways, or down. It’s a indication for momentum shift when combined with watching the level 2.

Generally speaking, BUT NOT ALWAYS:

If the RSI is under 30, it’s OVER SOLD. As it approaches 30, be cautious as a reversal may happen soon to the upside.

If the RSI is over 70, it’s OVER BOUGHT. As it approaches 70 and above, be cautious as a reversal may happen soon to the downside.

As it flattens out, it loses strength (called convergence) It has to reach a higher RSI than the previous high to have momentum to go higher. And vice versa on the down side.

This doesn’t mean it’s always going to bounce off 30 or 70. In my opinion, for a very strong bullish push, it MUST reach the 80s, and for a very strong bearish push, it MUST reach the 20s.

Here’s OmiseGo reaching 10 RSI, which is a very strong downtrend. Notice that it was already at 30? Most would “assume” a bounce off it, but always be cautious.

A general strategy that can be used on a high time frame chart such as 6 Hour on OmiseGo:

1 - buy when the RSI is near 30 and bouncing off it, and sell it when it nears 70 and bounces off it.

2 - short when it’s near 70 and bouncing off it, and buy in when it nears 3- and bounces off it.
This alone would actually make you REALLY profitable. Let’s look at OmiseGo over the last month using this strategy alone.

Betting that a market is going up is just half of trading! You can also bet on the market going down called shorting.

Long means you’re betting it goes up, and short means you’re betting it goes down (margin trading)

A – Short at A. Close at B
B – Long at B. Close at C
C – Short at C. Close at D
D – Long at D. Close at E.

In hindsight, it’s easy to say we can do this because we see the charts. Though, I must emphasize to look for the flattening out I’ve mentioned and highlighted above. This is called. convergence. This is a very strong indication that the momentum is lost and a reversal is likely to happen.

MACD – Moving Average Convergence Divergence

Now that we have a basic understand of RSI, let’s combine with MACD. The MACD is a momentum indicator that shows the relationship between TWO moving averages.

BUY AND SELL WHEN THEY CROSS

A - Short at A. Close at B
B - Long at B. Close at C
D – Long D. Close at E
E – Short at E. Close at F

OmiseGo Example on 3 hour time frame

Litecoin 3 hour time frame

I can’t emphasize how basic of a strategy this is, but how successful it is. Sometimes as traders, we forget about the basics and let our emotions ride us. Stick to the fundamentals, be consistent with your strategy, check your emotions at the door, and understand price doesn’t change instantly will allow you to ride out the shorts and longs just like this.

EXPONENTIAL MOVING AVERAGES

I use exponential moving averages , 8, 13, 21, and 55, which are tuned to Fibonacci numbers. The general strategy is this:

Go Long when the moving averages cross, with the 50 moving average BELOW all the others. Ride the wave until they cross again and the 50 moving average moves to ABOVE the other averages. One will argue “well we should’ve sold it at the very top.” In hind sight, yes it’s easy to say that we we never know when the actual top is. Once more well versed, you can combined the moving averages with the MACD and the RSI to align the stars.

Let’s look at Ethereum:

Let’s look at another example of Ethereum.

And another exmaple of LiteCoin

What we're looking for are reasons to enter a trade and reasons to exit a trade. The more green lights we have, the more we can rev our engines and let loose.

I hope this gave people a quick overview of some general strategies that can be used when trading. The best advice I can give to anyone is to back test your strategies. See if they would've worked on previous setups. Remember to look to the future, we have to first look into the past.

I also have tons of video content on youtube. I started a video series of "Starting with $200, turn it to $1,600 in 16 days"
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/philakone1

Many more are being created. Please enjoy.

Video 1 - Tutorial Part 1 - How to customize and set up Bitfinex

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ortLTCAL-1A

Video 2 - Tutorial Part 2 How to Analyze Candlesticks Charts with Strategy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQTu8ed6X1U

Video 3 - Tutorial Part 3 - How to use moving averages with strategy like a boss

https://youtu.be/JttIpSuYAsA

Videos will be released almost daily. I also do tons of Technical Analysis on our favorite coins like OmiseGo, EOS, and more.

Some other video series of mine
- Daily Technical Analysis on OmiseGo, ETP, IOTA, and more
- Starting with $200, how to turn $200 into $1,600 in 16 days. All trades recorded live, narrated.

These are educational videos intended to teach how to think through thought-out rationalization.

Follow me on Twitter for some awesome play-by-play TA.

Twitter - https://twitter.com/PhilakoneCrypto
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 8103

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:55:26 PM

How'd you get yourself banned on tradingview?
philakone (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 12:44:15 AM

I swore Sad
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 8103

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 12:46:33 AM

I swore Sad

Damn!  I didn't know they were so strict.
Bitfort

Activity: 952
Merit: 339

invest trade and gamble wisely

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:30:46 PM

Wow, this is actually a nice understandable explanation. I saw the tube and like it as well... looking fwd to other tubes/guides.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄E► (KCS) Kucoin-Staking, Auto-Lending, Trading-Bot
◄E► (BNB) Binance-Staking, Savings, 10% RefBack
◄E► (TRX) Poloniex-Staking, Lending, Fee Discount
◄E► (LEO) Bitfinex-Staking, Auto-Lending

◄G► Betfury-Faucet, Dividend Earnings (BFG holders, mine BFG by playing)
◄G► Bitvest -  Faucet, Bankroll Invest
◄G► CryptoGames-Faucet, Lotto
◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

◄M► Prohashing (Multipool)-Payout in any coin, get 0.50% bonus for 30 days
◄M► MiningRigRentals (Marketplace)-buy hashrate or rent your miners
◄M► Viabtc  (Pool)-payout to Coinex (exchnage) without fees

DirkDiggler1911

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:32:18 PM

Thank you OP.As I'm new to trading this was exactly what I needed!
Boseda

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:08:17 PM

Wow man, this post is gold for every crypto-trader. You explain lots of things and I also bookmarked your YT channel. Thank you!
stikboy

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:22:18 PM

Thank you so much!   Funny how often it only takes 1 well explained post to make something *click* after perusing 1000 other information sites/posts Smiley
Nikosgalis1957

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

CHIEF GROWTH OFFICER OF GLOBAL ENTERPRENEUR

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:55:52 PM

Thank you so much!   Funny how often it only takes 1 well explained post to make something *click* after perusing 1000 other information sites/posts Smiley

Exactly, as I'm new to this I'm really kinda overwhelmed with info, and this seems like a good start!

Eggee

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:24:53 PM

Can I just say a huge "thank you" for this thread. Being new to bitcoin and trading it can all be so mind-blowingly difficult! Thank you for breaking it all down. Wink
philakone (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:47:43 PM

My pleasure. Really it is. Ask as many questions as you'd like. You'll get nothing but patience, respect, and straight forward answers.
philakone (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:45:00 AM

Hi guys. My Day 11 video is up. With careful planning, I'm in a position to profit $400+ in a few days. This video will give tons on insight on how professionals trade, but explained in an easy way to understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDXg798axOg

Here's a continuation of Day 12 where I made $100+ in 20 minutes.

Day 12 - starting with $212. profit of $520 total (345% growth)

https://youtu.be/0nuNnpDaVfU

Please please watch these videos. Especially Day 11 and Day 12. Watch them over and over again until you understand it 100% and can do it yourself (if you can't already).

These are LIVE trades that's raw, unedited, and narrated to the max.

I haven't seen anything like this as thorough on youtube because no one wants to share their secrets.

Afterall, we're all competitors and the mentality is, the more other people know, the less money I can make. That's a really bad attitude because we should all be helping each other.
marcombo

Activity: 19

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 05:08:27 PM

Hi guys. My Day 11 video is up. With careful planning, I'm in a position to profit $400+ in a few days. This video will give tons on insight on how professionals trade, but explained in an easy way to understand.

Please please watch these videos. Especially Day 11 and Day 12. Watch them over and over again until you understand it 100% and can do it yourself (if you can't already).

I haven't seen anything like this as thorough on youtube because no one wants to share their secrets.

Afterall, we're all competitors and the mentality is, the more other people know, the less money I can make. That's a really bad attitude because we should all be helping each other.

Why did you take a break?
philakone (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 05:56:31 PM

Why did you take a break?

I was going to today, but now trading this ABC correction till it ends.

Currently up $250 with a principal of only $650 (~ 40%) Which will be in Day 13's video tomorrow.

I plan to double that $650 today and get it up to $1,300 if I can stay up longer. Coffee isn't helping.

Day 13 video will be 5+ hours long with very detailed and advanced analysis.
doothewop

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

I like the clowns and the little dogs

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 05:59:39 PM

In March 2016, when Ethereum was $10, I wrote this on the Ethereum Forum, a thread that got 100,000 views:

I made a similar recommendation to a friend, and he followed my advice. He made $400k off that.
This is a very comprehensive and intelligent post, I'm going to be bookmarking it for reference.

Well done, and thanks man
philakone (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:08:33 AM

Nice. I feel appreciated  Grin

Day 13 video is released tomorrow. Started with $650 only, profit of $400 so far. Which is a whomping 62% gain in one day of trading.

Please watch the video. All 10 hours of it. I narrate everything in high detail in a way that's informative and helpful as a tutor.

loragean03

Activity: 403

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 01:02:57 PM

at first look, its very hard to me to understand what is trading and how to predict the graph, I admit that this is my first time to see a graph of coins and how it increase and decrease,  so I want to learn more about of prediction on the graph, I really cant understand for now because its my first time to encountered this topics, any ways thanks for this topics OP I really appreciate it and keep up the good job.
philakone (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:49:53 PM

NO ONE does what I do, which is record every single trade, explained and narrated well,  with thorough thought process.

Day 13 video out with a whomping total of $550 in ONE day, started with only $650.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYoK9JW3RIk&feature=youtu.be&a=

Total Profit  over 13 Days - $963 (554%  growth)
Started With - $212
Total Balance $1175

Come on guys.  What you waiting for? Let me show you some stuff you've never seen.
Johannson

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:24:30 PM

Wow, you did awesome job here. I read many guides, but your is rlly simple and understandable. I wanna trade for little amounts,  but last time i lost 20$ and left this idea  Grin Will try again soon  Roll Eyes
Actualiteit

Activity: 218

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:49:38 PM

Nice, motivates me to give myself a challenge like yours! I'll follow this, good luck lad.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: