Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:09:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: You do Realize you are Never Seeing your Money again, Right?  (Read 3300 times)
Shinobi (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 03:23:27 AM

We have found that balances on some older accounts look significantly incorrect when compared with the old database. At this time we do not know what caused the balances to be off, or how many of the older accounts are affected. We haven't touched the old backend or database, so we're going to import the accounts again once we have found what caused the off-balances.

Translation = It is irreversibly fucked up and we have no idea what to do. So we are going to make up some numbers. Add a little here, take a little there. There we go....doesn't look so "significantly incorrect" now!

_______
Thinking of using a cheap, yet reliable VPN? Go with PrivateInternetAccess. Not a referral link. Just a satisfied customer!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AtlasONo

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 03:25:29 AM

You do realize you are a fear monger, right?
bitrebel

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 03:27:25 AM

Mark Karpeles = Mt. Crox = Stockgeneration = Beach in Cuba = GOXED

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 03:28:17 AM

This is what happens when you send your money to MagicalFux.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
Shinobi (OP)

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 03:29:46 AM

I'm sorry. I realize that some people here have alot of money at stake, but I think those who do need to start bracing themselves for what all signs seem to be pointing to. They continually set deadlines and then break them - to do this after having been caught with their pants down (lacking proper security measures) isn't the behavior of competent folks. They are scrambling and in WAY over their head and it won't end good. They've admitted to account discrepancies and not having a clue why this is the case. How do you rectify such a thing?

_______
Thinking of using a cheap, yet reliable VPN? Go with PrivateInternetAccess. Not a referral link. Just a satisfied customer!
bitrebel

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 03:30:41 AM

This is what happens when you send your money to MagicalFux.

Or Mt. Crox

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
chihlidog

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 03:31:01 AM

I hope someone really is on a plane to Tokyo right now. I dont have any money or BTC tied up at Mt.Cox but this guy screwed the pooch royally and I hope they get him for it.
hawks5999

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2011, 03:31:41 AM

They are spending their time packing up personal belongings and booking flights.... This forum post was probably published from the Tarmac... hello Caymans!

■ ▄▄▄
■ ███
■ ■  ■               
LEDGER  WALLET    ████
■■■ ORDER NOW! ■■■
              LEDGER WALLET
Smartcard security for your BTCitcoins
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
Decentralized. Open. Secure.
Jalum

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 03:31:46 AM

Honestly is this news to anyone?  Two guys are sitting on millions of USD, and their only prior achievement was running a website where you could trade Serra Angels for Juzam Djinns.

Figure out what to tell your wife and kids now so your story is good.  Say you lost it in Vegas or investing in a biotech startup.  Just don't tell them you lost it investing it in pretend beanie babies.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
Hook^

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 03:32:17 AM

I'm sorry. I realize that some people here have alot of money at stake, but I think those who do need to start bracing themselves for what all signs seem to be pointing to. They continually set deadlines and then break them - to do this after having been caught with their pants down (lacking proper security measures) isn't the behavior of competent folks. They are scrambling and in WAY over their head and it won't end good. They've admitted to account discrepancies and not having a clue why this is the case. How do you rectify such a thing?

So why not just say we will be down for a 10 days in the first place?  Then they can have time to figure out things correctly.
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 03:32:47 AM

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
beeph

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 04:41:57 AM

I believe the phrase is 'accounting irregularities' and ruh roh.. looks we just all got...
relative

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 02:18:33 PM

thats funny. account balances significantly off in OLD accounts? hello?

didnt they check whether the overall balance of all accounts matches their holdings? DAILY at least?

their place probably looked like a brothel for last few months when they realized they are raking in thousands of dollars a day for running a website.
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 02:21:29 PM

LOL
DrYe5

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 09:46:37 PM

We have found that balances on some older accounts look significantly incorrect when compared with the old database. At this time we do not know what caused the balances to be off, or how many of the older accounts are affected. We haven't touched the old backend or database, so we're going to import the accounts again once we have found what caused the off-balances.

Translation = It is irreversibly fucked up and we have no idea what to do. So we are going to make up some numbers. Add a little here, take a little there. There we go....doesn't look so "significantly incorrect" now!

Where does the quote come from?

Mt. Gox spokesman when they first delayed opening a day.
bolapara

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 10:02:51 PM

Maybe this is why I *still* don't have access to my account.  This is fucking ridiculous.
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 10:13:25 PM

Maybe this is why I *still* don't have access to my account.  This is fucking ridiculous.

Maybe complaining on a forum that has nothing to do with Mt.Gox isn't the right approach. Perhaps using the exchange support forum and other contact methods is. I know, I know, you can lead a horse to water....

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: