Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 06:48:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripples potential?  (Read 241 times)
Gooru (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:25:31 AM

I've been looking into Ripple, and to me it seems as if it's similar to bitcoin before it's boom a year ago. Does that sound ridiculous? Am I looking into the wrong alt coin? Tell me your thoughts please!
kekmaster

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 05:10:09 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1381669.0
Topic already under discussion here.
Can be closed
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 05:50:58 AM

I've been looking into Ripple, and to me it seems as if it's similar to bitcoin before it's boom a year ago. Does that sound ridiculous? Am I looking into the wrong alt coin? Tell me your thoughts please!

yes and yes.
Ripple has nothing like bitcoin. it is a centralized altcoin that is not even mineable. every token is issued by the owner and as they want. the distribution is ridiculous and the owners are benefiting from it.

then comes the supply. when bitcoin has a cap of 21 million XRP has 100,000 million.
when bitcoin has a 16.5 million coins in circulation XRP has 38343 million and they keep releasing more and more to a total of 100 billion

as for usage, when bitcoin is the biggest and is treated as a real currency. XRP has none. it is just a token to be traded and most pump and dumped. currently the bubble is bursting slowly.

Buying the dip...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: