Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:20:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoinexchange.cc has not sent my $$ for TWO WEEKS  (Read 3531 times)
ExchangeNothing

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 11:07:08 PM

...another deadline and another disappointment...
He wrote "tomorrow for sure" on the 29th. I got an email the 30th that said he would send it Friday morning (July 1st) It is getting pretty late now on Friday afternoon and no email no money.

This is going to be a very unhappy long weekend if I do not get my money today.

For those of you keeping track, tomorrow will be THREE WEEKS

I will post here and on the main thread when I get my money.

July 5th update.
I got another email that said
"I am going to send it today"

Apparently he went out of town and was unable to answer any emails over the last 4 days. I am glad he posts here and I really hope I do get my money. It has been over three weeks. I will post here when I get paid.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vasco
Donator

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

SEIZED by Gunthar

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 05:09:24 AM

As stated in the Marketplace thread, all Western Union, MoneyPaks, and electronic gift cards have been sent out. Please check your e-mail for the information.

b0ng

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 08:21:18 PM

I hate to reply in what looks like a hate thread, but so far I sent the BTC payment midnight July5th, I'm hoping to hear from him sometime within the next 24 hours.  Fingers crossed Smiley
ExchangeNothing

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 04:10:07 AM

tl, dr
BitcoinExchange paid me,  and it was an awful experience.

BitcoinExchange paid me in $885 (less 5.5%, less $52 WU fee, less $8) last Wednesday.
It took OVER THREE WEEKS to get my money.

I consider BitcoinExchange to be honest, but not fast or easy to deal with.

In his defense **SOME** of the issues were beyond his control but some things were his fault.

In general he took much longer than 24 hours to reply to emails. Often 3 days and occasionally more.

When I first wanted to do business with him I emailed him exactly what I needed and when. He sent me a personalized resonance and said he could send me money within about 24 hours. This was AFTER Paypal had frozen a lot of his funds, June 11th.

When I wrote him after 48 hours he responded (36 hours later) that the time frame was 24-72 hours and I could expect my money with in the NEXT 72 hours. This already put me 5 days into a 24-72 hour order.  When I emailed him again he said he would pay me “tonight or tomorrow morning” Three days AFTER that email, MtGox hacked and crashed. The MtGox crash should not have affected my order.

For the next 10 days he did not respond to emails. I warned him I would start posting a fair account of the transaction on the forum but did not get a response until after I actually did so.

He wrote "tomorrow for sure" on the June 29th. I got an email the 30th that said he would send it Friday morning (July 1st). I did not hear from him again for the next four days. He said he had cash in hand but I wasn't actually paid until two days after that.

Throughout this ordeal he has blamed PayPal, MtGox, and Western Union. The first two should not have affected my order and he had options for working around WU, which he eventually used.

Besides being very slow and lack communication, a few other  things really annoy me. He took a 4 day vacation for 4th of July while I was stuck at home waiting for a little cash. He charged an undisclosed $8 mystery fee in addition to the 5.5% and the WU charge. 

This was a bad experience for me and I would not recommend BitcoinExchange. Yes, he is honest about giving you your money but not about his other promises. I think he means well but makes excuses is simply not equipped to run his business professionally.

His emails were polite and the actual transaction was great. If I had not waited three weeks and had a pile of unfulfilled promises I would have given an outstanding review.

TL, DR
BitcoinExchange paid me,  and it was an awful experience.
b0ng

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 10:20:18 PM

Bitcoin paid me, it wasn't as harrowing as the post above, but it did take longer than the 72 hours initially quoted but it's not a big deal since it was only a few days late.
Nugtron

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 02:14:14 AM

Got my MoneyPak exchanged for BTC in less than 10minutes!  Great service!
getsum

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 05:44:28 PM

Sent MG for BTC and had them in my wallet in 24 hours. Would definitely trade with again. Bitcoin Poker here I come  Grin
b0ng

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 11:29:47 PM

Did another exchange with these guys and the cash was in my hand in under 72 hours.  Good service.
gamorrah

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 03:37:14 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2011, 02:25:21 AM by gamorrah

signed up here just to report..

this guy exchanged my first greendot for me as planned.  Then exchanged the second GD # I sent him for a larger amount and he tried to play it like the card was no good, or the number had already been used. I pgp'd him the number in under twenty minutes after I bought it, I have the receipt and card in my hand and no one else could have cashed it.. bullshit,  he/she is selectively scamming and should be avoided at all cost

HOLD::  he is investigating my issue, will update..  

no responses yet.. Angry

this guy is ripping me off im pretty sure... ill make sure to tarnish his rep to everyone I can.. just straight up theft..
gamorrah

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 03:31:56 PM

signed up here just to report..

this guy exchanged my first greendot for me as planned.  Then exchanged the second GD # I sent him for a larger amount and he tried to play it like the card was no good, or the number had already been used. I pgp'd him the number in under twenty minutes after I bought it, I have the receipt and card in my hand and no one else could have cashed it.. bullshit,  he/she is selectively scamming and should be avoided at all cost

HOLD::  he is investigating my issue, will update..  

no responses yet.. Angry

this guy is ripping me off im pretty sure... ill make sure to tarnish his rep to everyone I can.. just straight up theft..

^^^^^^ too late to edit this, but it has been resolved and I have been paid in full by Bitcoinexchange.cc
Xin

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 08:09:17 PM

I sent them a MoneyPak last night, and received BTC this morning according to blockexplorer (I haven't finished downloading the latest block chain yet).  Just reporting a positive experience.
axpe01

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 07:51:50 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2011, 06:13:18 PM by axpe01

I paid by MoneyGram on Friday (July 22nd). Haven't heard from him since then, no response to my emails.

edit: I received the bitcoins.
anon3939

Activity: 65

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 02:25:28 AM

I placed my order July 28th by Moneypak and still havent gotten my Bitcoins. I checked and there is 0.00 on my moneypak so he already has my money but wont send me the coins. No reply from instant messages or emails.

Seriously feeling scam here.
Stefanie Andrea

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 10:57:44 AM

Isn't .cc blocked by google for spam/viruses?
Sepp

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 12:06:52 PM

Isn't .cc blocked by google for spam/viruses?

you mean by google's gmail?

.cc certainly comes up on google searches...
w00ly

Activity: 51

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 07:24:48 PM

Damn! I wish I would have saw the updates to this thread before I gave him my code last night! How do I check to see if i have a balance still and if I do, how do I withdraw it so he cant get to it now?
Weaver

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 07:48:25 PM

It takes some time but it DOES go through. And it's still faster than bloody dwolla.
windowsfiend89

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 11:16:00 PM

I placed my order July 28th by Moneypak and still havent gotten my Bitcoins. I checked and there is 0.00 on my moneypak so he already has my money but wont send me the coins. No reply from instant messages or emails.

Seriously feeling scam here.

Same here anon3939. I paid with a MoneyPak on the 2nd, and the card is empty. No bitcoins.

He hasn't responded to any of my 3 emails. I'm not feeling particularly hopeful.

Probably should have gone with bitcoinbux.com, they responded to me within the hour.
Barry

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 02:16:58 PM

I placed order on Aug 4th for BC.  My Moneypak has been empty for days now.  No response from emails asking for status.  I would feel a whole lot better if bitcoinexchange.cc would reassure me that I will get my bitcoins, albiet at a snails pace.  I feel ill...
thefatcat

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 07:25:40 PM

I sent him $300 USD using moneypak 12 hours ago.  I am worried because my last transaction with "trader steve" went every well.  No response from bitcoinExchange in my emails.  I guess he's going through some shit but if this is going to take WEEKS then forget it, i'd rather deal with someone else.  I wish I started reading some of these posts. 

BitcoinExchange, if it's going to take days, or weeks for that matter,  then please don't use the moneypak so I can trade elsewhere.   Unless, of course, it's already been used.

I'll let you guys know how the transaction goes guys or if I hear from bitcoinExchange, I know my situation may seem tame compared to everyone elses, but I planned on exchanging that USD for BTC ASAP because I am moving within 2 days and literally need that money, whether it's in BTC or USD.  preferably BTC.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: