Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:36:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Uber & Lyft to accept Bitcoin  (Read 1212 times)
EddyGameta

Activity: 884
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:14:26 PM

The problem is the processing time for bitcoin is too slow and unreliable, it's not like ordering online where you can wait for the bitcoin transaction to be processed prior to shipping the product.

The speed time is really what's delaying the wide adoption of bitcoin but this would be pretty awesome if lyft/uber did this.

Prepaid! Buy in advance and have prepaid account, then as you use they deduct based on realtime value of the bitcoin.

True, it’s possible if the payment system is prepaid and every 1 Bitcoin we deposit there the value will remain same with the one in uber/lyft wallet account. This will be a big market and also increase the fame of bitcoin  at the same time.
BITDV
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:18:33 PM

Maybe the petition you submitted will be successful but still there are many problems we face in this case, besides the long transaction time issue, then large fee just for a fairly small transaction, and also the readiness of the drivers to receive payments through Bitcoin, they should have a good training so they won’t incurred loss and make a system that facilitate the transaction, either for passenger or the driver.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
qwertyup23

Activity: 2254
Merit: 787

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:18:44 PM

Should we start a petition to these people?

Imagine the possibility! I think Lyft will respond faster!

If that will be the case it is extremely beneficial to the commuters who will avail of their services. Aside from efficiency the drivers cannot make ask for extra pay because everything will be recorded in the transaction and the clients can use that as evidence against them. Hope this will be implemented this will be a good start for bitcoin and the transportation groups.

Any product or services that accept bitcoin as payment is by means beneficial since it increases the reputation of bitcoins to the general public. In this case, the more retailers accept it as a payment, more people would realize and start to invest into bitcoin, thus attracting new investors daily. If in the event that bitcoin were to be used by at least most of the population, then each country's government would consider improving the system. Soon, the bitcoin era would focus on providing opportunities to everyone and may be part of a solution in alleviating poverty.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Hamphser

Activity: 2492
Merit: 327

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:26:02 PM

Heard of Uber, but never heard of Lyft.

I don't know.  You'd have to be able to solve the confirmation time problem.  You don't want
to be sitting in someone's car waiting forever.  You know how long it takes sometimes to get
that first confirmation.

Honestly, I'd rather pay for a ride with cash.  It's more anonymous and way faster than
bitcoin.  So no, I wouldn't bother with a useless online petition.  Leave it be.
You do have a point but when speaking on confirmation time you wont really need to wait since once the bitcoins have been trasnfered already it cant be reversed which means you can directly leave the cab once you have paid but it would really be a senseless thing if we do try to look on the fee this will surely hurt you up than on paying up on your local fiat money since its fixed and you wont really bother on other fee.That is why this thing is somehow impossible thing to happen or way they would able to accept such thing on bitcoin.Id rather prefer to stay on the traditional ways.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
jack1111

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:29:00 PM

They will accept or reject Bitcoin depending on their interest, when they recognize that Bitcoin is useful for them, they will accept it without hesitance.
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:07:44 PM

They would have been considering this option really but business decisions like this goes beyond petition and I think its still largely reliant on government approval because most of the major businesses are always concerned of the side of the law they want to belong to but where our petition should be directed at are the policy makers in which companies such as Uber or any other one are under obligations to comply with. Also even if the petition is successful which is obviously the case, large number will vote  yes but let's have it at the back of our mind that we might not get what we wanted but surely we are one step closer.
Hamilcar

Activity: 112
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:57:39 PM

I think it is good to pay taxi with bitcoin but it's not practical because of bitcoin high fees for small transactions.

Handelion – Fund | Trade | Expand
Revolutionary blockchain ecosystem for co-funded wholesale trade
Handelion.io◄ ► White paper ◄ ► Facebook ◄ ► Telegram ◄ ► Twitter ◄ ► JOIN ICO NOW
Gunawan82

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:47:33 PM

If only to pay a taxi may be too large transaction costs so that pay a large transaction rather than pay the taxi fare itself,
But this is great for bitcoin at the beginning of a small one. The very original process is not too burdensome, hopefully this can happen in my country..
Vendetta666

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:59:31 PM

This is a great start to the spread of bitcoins in many countries. And since the companies that take these taxis are sure that more companies will follow the steps of the previous ones. And as such there will be more and more familiar with crypto / Bitcoins worldwide and soon it will be a full currency
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:07:23 PM

When bitcoin getting popular, every company will seek for bitcoin as their payment in order to get exposure from it. It's reasonable and win win solution because uber and user also get benefit from bitcoin transaction.
With government help , I think it will make easier for bitcoin to keep growing
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:15:27 PM

https://cointelegraph.com/news/indian-self-drive-car-rental-firm-beats-uber-in-bitcoin-adoption

India based Self drive rental service Drivezy might beat both of them when talking about accepting bitcoin for payment  Grin
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2870
Merit: 771

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:18:56 PM

When bitcoin getting popular, every company will seek for bitcoin as their payment in order to get exposure from it. It's reasonable and win win solution because uber and user also get benefit from bitcoin transaction.
It would only be a win situation for the uber user not into its passenger since he do actively spend his bitcoin for this kind of travel service.I know this thing would really be gradually be considered knowing that bitcoin is getting popular and would be somehow considered to be a new way payment system but one thing worries me of is on the fees.For sure it wont really be justifiable.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
ace9989

Activity: 177
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:22:58 PM

Maybe its a good idea to pay to uber a bitcoin but it does have an downside too because of the unpredictable and pump and dump of the value of bitcoin. If the coins that we will pay will pump its a big difference because you can pay other bills using that coins just sayin..
dmamigo

Activity: 1232
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:59:09 PM

It would only be a win situation for the uber user not into its passenger since he do actively spend his bitcoin for this kind of travel service.I know this thing would really be gradually be considered knowing that bitcoin is getting popular and would be somehow considered to be a new way payment system but one thing worries me of is on the fees.For sure it wont really be justifiable.

For big companies like Uber and Lyft it is tough and complicated to implement it. Moreover the value fluctuation will be more complicated to manage their financial feasibility. Also as you said the network fees and time of confirmation is a drawback.
Cryptocurrency addition to their payment system will surely give a boost to Bitcoins and all and will promote it largely.
splat44

Activity: 384
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 06:08:19 PM

It's a good sign for all of us and to those company will adopt bitcoin.. well bitcoin volatility is the problem hope their are companies that will help to stop the volatile. Uber is the world's largest company and lyft i think its part of uber partnership. well this two will help to boost the bitcoin prices, and people will understand bitcoin.
bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:29:37 PM

Uber should better accept Bitcoin before they will be overcome by blockchain companies that will offer the same service as they do like, just decentralized like CarTaxi.
HongKong

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:07:13 PM

I don't like how they are doing that, though the system for Bitcoin is meant to be spent so I am not worried about it.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
Lonsdayl

Activity: 364
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:13:03 PM

If that will be the case it is extremely beneficial to the commuters who will avail of their services. Aside from efficiency the drivers cannot make ask for extra pay because everything will be recorded in the transaction and the clients can use that as evidence against them. Hope this will be implemented this will be a good start for bitcoin and the transportation groups.

Any product or services that accept bitcoin as payment is by means beneficial since it increases the reputation of bitcoins to the general public. In this case, the more retailers accept it as a payment, more people would realize and start to invest into bitcoin, thus attracting new investors daily. If in the event that bitcoin were to be used by at least most of the population, then each country's government would consider improving the system. Soon, the bitcoin era would focus on providing opportunities to everyone and may be part of a solution in alleviating poverty.

All companies work under government supervision. "Big brother is watching you". Both UBER and LYFT business models depends on local government and regulation. There companies won't accept BTC or other altcoins before its legalize.

Uber or Lyft can use blockchain technology to create new features, but won't use crypto in the nearest future.
NewBet

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:57:38 PM

Lyft is still hanging in there? I amr eally surprised ocnsidering how dominant Uber is in the field. Lyft is only trying to stop them from becoming an absolute monopoly. Grin Grin Grin
Ayush rana

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:01:41 PM

One day this will going to happen because now the market capitalisation of bitcoin is increasing very fast. Even from last 4-5 months bitcoin jumps from 4k to q10k.
People are getting aware of bitcoin and using this technology. So it is good for uber and lyft to adopt this early for a smooth operations.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: