Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:01:13 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Uber & Lyft to accept Bitcoin  (Read 1214 times)
Ehrhc (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:04:57 AM

Should we start a petition to these people?

Imagine the possibility! I think Lyft will respond faster!

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

Shreek

Activity: 476
Merit: 112

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:15:09 AM

I think it's very interesting ,,, and certainly will facilitate us when we ride both ,,, which became my question ,, whether it can happen and when it comes into force? I think its a small possibility ,,,
it's okay to plan because it's human task is to plan ...

nitehawk

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Worldcore - Banking for the Future

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:19:32 AM

The problem is the processing time for bitcoin is too slow and unreliable, it's not like ordering online where you can wait for the bitcoin transaction to be processed prior to shipping the product.

The speed time is really what's delaying the wide adoption of bitcoin but this would be pretty awesome if lyft/uber did this.

▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄█████████████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████████████▄
    ▄█████████████████▀▀▀██████████
   █████████████████       ███████
  ██████▀▀▀████████   ███   ██████   █
 █████       ██████   ███   ██████   ██
 ████   ███   █████   ███   █████   ███
█████   ███   █████   ███    ████   ████
█████   ███   █████   ████   ████   ████
████    ███   ████   █████   ███   █████
████   ████   ████   █████   ███   █████
▀███   ████   ████   ██████       █████
 ███   █████   ███   ████████▄▄▄███████
  █   ██████   ███   █████████████████
      ███████       █████████████████
     ██████████▄▄▄█████████████████▀
     ▀███████████████████████████▀
       ▀▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Worldcore
▄▄
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
▀▀  ██
    ██
    ▄▄
    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ▀▀
██   
Mandoy

Activity: 644
Merit: 264

Aurox

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:15:53 AM

If that will be the case it is extremely beneficial to the commuters who will avail of their services. Aside from efficiency the drivers cannot make ask for extra pay because everything will be recorded in the transaction and the clients can use that as evidence against them. Hope this will be implemented this will be a good start for bitcoin and the transportation groups.

Aurox.

Designed to make
you money
|Proprietary Indicators
& Signals
|||                  ▄██▄▄▄▄▄
                ▄████████▀█▄▀
            ▄▄██████████▀
           ██████████▀██
          ███████████▄▄ ▄▄
         ██████████████ ▀▀█▄
     ▄▄████████████▀▄█▀   ▀▀
▄▀▀ ███████████▀▀▀ ██▀
▀▄▄▀ ██████▀ ▄▄
      ████▀ ██▀
     ███▀  █▀
     ▄█▌  ▐█▌
     ▀██   ▀▀
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████   ████

Get Started. FREE!
██   ████   ██████   ████████   ██████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Ehrhc (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:23:27 AM

The problem is the processing time for bitcoin is too slow and unreliable, it's not like ordering online where you can wait for the bitcoin transaction to be processed prior to shipping the product.

The speed time is really what's delaying the wide adoption of bitcoin but this would be pretty awesome if lyft/uber did this.

Prepaid! Buy in advance and have prepaid account, then as you use they deduct based on realtime value of the bitcoin.

..C..

Jating

Activity: 2954
Merit: 822

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:24:05 AM

If that will be the case it is extremely beneficial to the commuters who will avail of their services. Aside from efficiency the drivers cannot make ask for extra pay because everything will be recorded in the transaction and the clients can use that as evidence against them. Hope this will be implemented this will be a good start for bitcoin and the transportation groups.

I never encounter any driver that is asking for extra pay. I don't know where you are located but it seems not normal for Uber to ask for it. It's already recorded in their system how much you gonna pay the moment they accept you as passenger.

Going back to the topic. Yes it's gonna be huge for bitcoin market if ever both of them started to accept bitcoin as payment. However, the issue I'm seeing is that those driver should be teach how bitcoin/blockchain technology works. Like teach them how to check the transaction in blockchain to see that the rider or passenger has already payed.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:36:02 AM

I think it is up for them to surely accept bitcoin in every transaction, even if we file a petition that we want them to use bitcoin as a means of payment, I think this is a step forward because in every driver that they hired must accept bitcoin so I think they will surely teach each and everyone of them and it will surely up to each driver if they comply to it, and the knowledge in using bitcoin well I think they might have a problem with that.
igotBAWS

Activity: 179
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:37:18 AM

Uber might become my nr 1 btc spending app Cheesy
Ehrhc (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:39:51 AM

Uber might become my nr 1 btc spending app Cheesy

I took my first ever Uber ride yesterday!

..C..

iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:53:57 AM

The problem is the processing time for bitcoin is too slow and unreliable, it's not like ordering online where you can wait for the bitcoin transaction to be processed prior to shipping the product. The speed time is really what's delaying the wide adoption of bitcoin but this would be pretty awesome if lyft/uber did this.

You are right as the time involved in the transaction can be a big hindrance for the full adoption of Bitcoin for these networks of transportation. However, am sure that in the near future there would be an infrastructure that can handle this problem. I really expect that there would be a good development along this line because the market is really big and can be a lucrative one once adopted by many organizations and business. We should note that Bitcoin is still relatively young and it is still evolving. The news on Amazon is actually fake but we do expect that they will soon accept Bitcoin as it be a big push for the King of Cryptos.
happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:54:34 AM

It is a good idea because almost all of developing country has an uber services. It will make bitcoin more popular and more people will use it. The demand will increase and the price will go higher.
Bilbo Baggins

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:56:32 AM

That's very good news!

The more companies start accepting and integrating bitcoin to there system the more popular it will become.
franco123

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:07:59 AM

This is a good idea as it is an alternative way to pay your trips. However, we should consider if the driver is into Bitcoins. A lot of people are not interested to Bitcoin which includes some drivers. If the purpose is to just transact digitally, then it would be just the same as paying in debit card or credit card because it is already synced in the device of the rider.

The solutiom for me is to accept Bitcoin payments.if the driver agrees so. If not, then payment should be done in the currency being used in the country.
Wicked17

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:20:57 AM

Here in my country which is Philippines, we are using Coins.ph BTC wallet and one of its features is Virtual Credit Card. We can instantly and easily convert bitcoin funds to the virtual credit card and use them in paying Uber or Grab fee. It also offer unique voucher codes to use for discount in uber and grab

Voice-Of-Reason

Activity: 228

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:21:05 PM

network is not ready yet...
shiningstar

Activity: 420

Qravity is a decentralized content production

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:27:39 PM

I think it's better to wait until segwit is up before implementing or trying to make petition as the network is slow right now. The fee also hindered this kind of adoption as i don't want to pay $1 fee for 5 dollar transaction.

Cloud27

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:02:37 PM

It is a good thing to have a successful petition, the petition will be an added support for the new CEO of Uber for easily adoption of bitcoin as a payment. Uber will now know that they already have a client willing to support the bitcoin payment.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/uber-gets-early-bitcoin-advocate-as-new-ceo
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:35:43 PM

there is no Uber in my country but doesn't Uber already accept bitcoin, i remember reading something about it some time ago!

in any case if you can find enough people that actually want this, then why not. make a petition or just directly contact them and show your interest. they may do it if they see enough demand for it.

There is a FOMO brewing...
skyline247

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:42:08 PM

Last I heard Uber already is accepting Bitcoin for tipping, but I did not know they are planning to accept it for regular payments. That is very cool.  Cool
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:44:24 PM

there is no Uber in my country but doesn't Uber already accept bitcoin, i remember reading something about it some time ago!

in any case if you can find enough people that actually want this, then why not. make a petition or just directly contact them and show your interest. they may do it if they see enough demand for it.
I think uber only allows to tip the drivers with bitcoins, they don't take payment yet. it would be really nice if they start taking payments in bitcoin and or altcoins, sooner or later they will start accepting cryptocurrency payments it's inevitable! Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: