Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:13:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [QUESTION]Two rigs hashing as one  (Read 1460 times)
jaywaka2713 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 05:44:21 AM

Is it possible to have two rigs hashing as one? I ask more for the purpose of vanity address generation. Say I have two seperate rigs that have 6 7950s. Is it at all possible to run these two rigs as one entity together under one instance of the vanitygen software? Also for theoretical purpose, would I be able to utilize both rigs under one instance of any miner software (e.g. cgminer)? If so, how could one go about this?

The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RagnarDanneskjold

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 09:54:39 AM

this might help
http://manotechnology.blogspot.co.uk/p/cgwatcher.html

found it on this thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=176016.0

I'm sure there are solutions I've seen here for multi gpu hyperthreading for single task, can't seem to find them right now.

FPGA and ASIC hardware for vanity address crunching is on the way. I am interested and looking forward to trying MyOwnAddress - great work.

git  |  | ID
'Bitcoin is the progress toward a society of privacy. The savage’s whole existence is public, ruled by the laws of his tribe. Bitcoin is the process of setting man free from men'
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 09:58:00 AM

I think vanitygen searches randomly so just run it on both at the same time.  No need to link them.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
jaywaka2713 (OP)

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 04:08:39 AM

I think vanitygen searches randomly so just run it on both at the same time.  No need to link them.

I know its based off raw probability but its just for my personal liking to have them under the same process. I wonder if its possible to host the vanitygen software on a home server using a RaspberryPi and just have the two rigs connect to a proxy and send data together into the software...

Eric Rye

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:02:23 AM

Is it possible to have two rigs hashing as one? I ask more for the purpose of vanity address generation. Say I have two seperate rigs that have 6 7950s. Is it at all possible to run these two rigs as one entity together under one instance of the vanitygen software? Also for theoretical purpose, would I be able to utilize both rigs under one instance of any miner software (e.g. cgminer)? If so, how could one go about this?
I think this does what you're looking for: http://www.mosix.org/txt_vcl.html
I'd be interested to know if you get it working.
jaywaka2713 (OP)

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:23:46 PM

This is exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you! I can host this on an RPi or my MK802 IIIS, and connect everything together. Do you have a DigitalCoin wallet? I want to send you a tip.

Eric Rye

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 12:27:27 PM

This is exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you! I can host this on an RPi or my MK802 IIIS, and connect everything together. Do you have a DigitalCoin wallet? I want to send you a tip.

Thanks! I've never gotten a tip before. DU7rkdzTDRAeNdXSkwbW4Ctph68ZpktAru
firefop

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 07:11:07 PM

I've never understood why someone hasn't made an fpga capable vanity generator. Seems like any mid sized miner could clear an entire list using a few gigahashes in a quick time.

hm. Maybe I should write this...

jaywaka2713 (OP)

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 03:26:19 AM

I've never understood why someone hasn't made an fpga capable vanity generator. Seems like any mid sized miner could clear an entire list using a few gigahashes in a quick time.

hm. Maybe I should write this...

Don't waste your time. On a computer that gets 155 Mh/s in cgminer, with vanitygen I only get 3.03 Mh/s. It's a different generation scheme.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: