Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:50:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC wallet help  (Read 167 times)
MoonIsBlue (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:41:37 AM

Hello, I want to purchase some bitcoin to dollar/average per month and store them on my ledger. I tried the btc core wallet but the syncing is too slow and the storage is way too huge (90GB with 1+ year syncing left). So I'm looking for a proper wallet that I can temporarily store my BTC on whilst I transfer them to my Nano Ledger S.

Any recommendations, tips and stuff like that are highly appreciated.

MoonIsBlue (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 12:02:20 PM

Electrum wallet is best for you
No need to download all block chain data

Alright, can you provide me with a link?

MoonIsBlue (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 12:33:04 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2017, 12:54:25 PM by MoonIsBlue

I can find my receiving adress in the tab: receive? Or is that just for payment requests? If so where can I find a receiving adres? (feel like a newbie)

Okay since I could not find any other receive adresses I just went with it and it worked out.. (yay!)

But is there anyway to change the wallet settings as to show the bitcoins as 1.110084945 type of thing? Cause this mBTC is confusing the fuck out of me

Almat

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:26:22 PM

I can find my receiving adress in the tab: receive? Or is that just for payment requests? If so where can I find a receiving adres? (feel like a newbie)

Okay since I could not find any other receive adresses I just went with it and it worked out.. (yay!)

But is there anyway to change the wallet settings as to show the bitcoins as 1.110084945 type of thing? Cause this mBTC is confusing the fuck out of me

Of course! Just head to Tools > Preferences > Appearance, then change your base unit from mBTC to BTC and you are good to go. I have no idea why Electrum defaults it to mBTC. Like, who uses that?
p3rplexamous

Activity: 95
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:29:30 PM

Hello, I want to purchase some bitcoin to dollar/average per month and store them on my ledger. I tried the btc core wallet but the syncing is too slow and the storage is way too huge (90GB with 1+ year syncing left). So I'm looking for a proper wallet that I can temporarily store my BTC on whilst I transfer them to my Nano Ledger S.

Any recommendations, tips and stuff like that are highly appreciated.

Electrum is the way to go. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: