Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:15:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How much money would you recommend in a miner startup?  (Read 368 times)
Baz191 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 10:43:30 AM

Hey folks
I'm new here and wanted to ask a question which has been on my mind for a while. Of course this is subjective to everyone's personal opinion but all replies are welcome.

I was curious as to what you as a user would consider a worthwhile investment into a mining startup. Disregarding the ASIC models currently coming out on the market, this question is mostly based at FPGAs and GPUs. How many MH/s or GH/s would you consider worthwhile for an ROI and how much would be required (in your eyes) for obtaining such a set-up. (You could say i'm asking what is your dream setup Tongue)

If you prefer GPUs over FPGA's, why so? Preferences of 2 x 7970's over 4 x 58xx would also be interesting to hear.

I know theres a lot of info about this over in the mining thread but since I can't post over there it'll have to be kept for newbies over here.Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: