Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 01:22:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: IMF Head Foresees the End of Banking and the Triumph of Cryptocurrency  (Read 219 times)
MWalk (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:52:41 PM

"Not so long ago, some experts argued that personal computers would never be adopted, and that tablets would only be used as expensive coffee trays. So I think it may not be wise to dismiss virtual currencies." Christine Lagarde

https://fee.org/articles/imf-head-predicts-the-end-of-banking-and-the-triumph-of-cryptocurrency/
monkeydominicorobin

Activity: 294
Merit: 104

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:09:41 PM

That is true. Bitcoin is inevitable. Resistance to it is futile. Dismissing it outright like touch screen cellphones is definitely a wrong move on the part  of immature haters. Just study. Just like everything you ever learned in your life. And you will make better use of the technology that is right in front of you. Bitcoin for instance.

Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:49:48 PM

I guess they didn't expect this.
No need panicking or swimming against the tide. Desperation would only make things worse. They probably should find ways to adapt. No one is calling for the destruction of good leaders or governments.

Crypto has very important role to play in the future.. I don't see it going away soon
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 03:08:09 PM

"Not so long ago, some experts argued that personal computers would never be adopted, and that tablets would only be used as expensive coffee trays. So I think it may not be wise to dismiss virtual currencies." Christine Lagarde

https://fee.org/articles/imf-head-predicts-the-end-of-banking-and-the-triumph-of-cryptocurrency/

"Virtual Currency"  being the TOTALLY decentralized cyber currency aka Cryptocurrency and not the corporation controlled cyber currencies
Hope that is what madam Lagarde is referring to.

MWalk (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:53:07 PM

"Virtual Currency"  being the TOTALLY decentralized cyber currency aka Cryptocurrency and not the corporation controlled cyber currencies
Hope that is what madam Lagarde is referring to.

YES - Agreed!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: