Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:22:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are the EOS-tokens coins or tokens or both?  (Read 231 times)
_Arnold_ (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:43:26 PM

Since they have released tokens for EOS I was wondering if these tokens will be used like coins in the ecosystem in the future? So the tokens could really be called coins?

Or are they just tokens and will the real EOS-coins then be released into the blockchain in the future?

So, my question is really if the tokens are coins? And if not, will some other EOS-coin be released on the blockchain when it is up and running?

Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:44:35 PM

IMO, they’re illegally issued securities.
_Arnold_ (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 07:24:21 AM

How do you mean?
babsjoe

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 07:30:53 AM

Going by the defination of token and what i have seen over time in crypto, Token is your share of whatever activities the project will embark on. If the project decide to put investors token into a coin, then it is left to them. One thing you can be sure of  however is that once you buy any project token, you become part of that project!
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:29:28 AM

I think it is more of a token that a coin, as someone pointed out above it is a security and I have read anything from the team to suggest otherwise. The idea is great it just depends on how the team want to define it
johnsm79

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

trade.io - Join the Trading Revolution

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 09:49:32 AM

I believe the correct way to call them are tokens.

Every ERC-20, is a token.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  TRADE.IO       ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
_Arnold_ (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 04:39:12 PM

Ok

I see. So you could really say it is a form of angel- or venture capital that you are putting into EOS? Like with a business. Because you get a small part of the project/EOS-business when you invest in it.

I guess there are several possibilities in the future for these tokens, right?

They could convert the tokens into coins. Or they could distribute coins on top of the tokens. Or maybe both?

I guess the owners should get some part in the distribution of these coins if they were to be distributed, don't you think?
ThunderCatSteve

Activity: 770
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:23:17 PM

Since they have released tokens for EOS I was wondering if these tokens will be used like coins in the ecosystem in the future? So the tokens could really be called coins?

Or are they just tokens and will the real EOS-coins then be released into the blockchain in the future?

So, my question is really if the tokens are coins? And if not, will some other EOS-coin be released on the blockchain when it is up and running?

It depends on what you want to call them, either token or coin, they still serve the same purpose. It is more like buying into a project as a shareholder and having a share of the profit which is usually gotten from the coin's value increasing over time. You can decide to sell it anytime or buy in anytime, the choice is yours. But so you do not get confused, just see it the way you want either as a coin or a token.
kokskarl

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 01:23:58 PM

They are tokens. Even worse, they are worthless.

█║ CryptoCircle auf Youtube (German)║█
Immer das Neuste zu Bitcoin & Altcoins
Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:53:10 PM

I think they are both. In crypto token and coin are used interchangeably. So if you have xx amount of token it will be converted to coin for trading in an exchange. Even if the project pays dividends, it will still be the same thing.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: