Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:59:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tough riddles. Can you solve them ?  (Read 3626 times)
Promethium

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 05:47:27 AM

With pointed fangs it sits in wait, with piercing force it doles out fate, over bloodless victims proclaiming its might, eternally joining in a single bite. What is it?
A stapler.
Well done Grin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 09:12:58 AM

There is a man in a cabin on the side of a hill. He is dead. How did he die?
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 09:23:18 AM

He died when the rural California cabin he holed up in went up in flames, with ammunition exploding in the inferno and smoke billowing up into the mountain air.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3044

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 09:50:50 AM

It was a plane cabin. He bought the plane on SR but he didn't have a pilot licence, so he couldn't fly it. Instead, he pushed it up a hill and got in and rode it down again. But as he was going down the hill, a goat jumped out in front of the plane. He jammed on the brake and stopped just in time (which is how the plane came to rest on the side of the hill), but he was so shocked by the incident that he had a heart attack and died (the man in the plane, not the goat; the goat was fine).

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Promethium

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 12:59:17 PM

It was a plane cabin. He bought the plane on SR but he didn't have a pilot licence, so he couldn't fly it. Instead, he pushed it up a hill and got in and rode it down again. But as he was going down the hill, a goat jumped out in front of the plane. He jammed on the brake and stopped just in time (which is how the plane came to rest on the side of the hill), but he was so shocked by the incident that he had a heart attack and died (the man in the plane, not the goat; the goat was fine).
Is that true? Shocked
Promethium

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 01:03:32 PM

Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Wednesday,
Friday or Sunday?
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 01:05:04 PM

Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Wednesday,
Friday or Sunday?

yesterday, today, tomorrow.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Promethium

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 01:09:38 PM

Foxpup
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 02:44:44 PM

Is that true? Shocked
No, silly, it's just the answer to a stupid riddle. It's not even the "correct" answer, but the correct answer doesn't make any sense: "It was a plane cabin. He died when the plane crashed into the side of the hill." I mean, seriously, what kind of riddle is that? It's not like someone's going to come across a plane wreck with a dead man inside and say "Gee, I wonder how he died? It's quite a mystery." Roll Eyes As bizarre as my answer may seem, the scenario it describes is actually more likely to provoke the original question in the first place, so I consider it to be a more correct answer on that basis.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 03:55:17 PM

Is that true? Shocked
No, silly, it's just the answer to a stupid riddle. It's not even the "correct" answer, but the correct answer doesn't make any sense: "It was a plane cabin. He died when the plane crashed into the side of the hill." I mean, seriously, what kind of riddle is that? It's not like someone's going to come across a plane wreck with a dead man inside and say "Gee, I wonder how he died? It's quite a mystery." Roll Eyes As bizarre as my answer may seem, the scenario it describes is actually more likely to provoke the original question in the first place, so I consider it to be a more correct answer on that basis.

Actually, he is dead in a plane's cabin due to his plane crashing into the mountainside.

I don't know if you guessed correctly or Googled it, for I don't even know if it's Googleable (same for that word) because I didn't try.

I learnt about that riddle(?) decades ago. If you asked a group of people at one sitting the question, rarely would anybody guess a plane cabin, all making guesses centered around a built structure resembling a home.

I was first told this by a man who also asked me the following, of which the answer truly eludes me, but I think I had it at one time.

Why does Jell-O do what it does? (Hint: Has nothing to do with Jell-O)
Ivanhoe

Activity: 841
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 05:31:41 PM

A girl fell in love with a guy at the funeral of her mom. A few days later she murders her sister. Why?
linuxer

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Official Troll of bitcointalk,Certified by John K.

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 05:36:00 PM

A girl fell in love with a guy at the funeral of her mom. A few days later she murders her sister. Why?

Because her sister did henky panky with that guy.

Grin
Ivanhoe

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 05:40:04 PM

Because her sister did henky panky with that guy.

Grin
Nope, sorry.
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 06:01:49 PM

I googled the question and I must say I'm sorta glad no one here answered this correctly right away.

Still around.
Malawi

Activity: 224

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 09:17:21 PM

Is that true? Shocked

Actually, he is dead in a plane's cabin due to his plane crashing into the mountainside.

I don't know if you guessed correctly or Googled it, for I don't even know if it's Googleable (same for that word) because I didn't try.

I learnt about that riddle(?) decades ago. If you asked a group of people at one sitting the question, rarely would anybody guess a plane cabin, all making guesses centered around a built structure resembling a home.

I was first told this by a man who also asked me the following, of which the answer truly eludes me, but I think I had it at one time.

I use english as a second language, but AFAIK a hill may be sloped and have space for many a traditional cabin. If so, the riddle is really moot.

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
Malawi

Activity: 224

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 09:28:01 PM

There could be tons of answers to this one.

1. She got paid to do it.
2. Her sister had killed her mom
3. She kills her sister after finding out that what she tought were her sister were really her mom.
4. She had a nervous breakdown and went on a killing spree.
5. For some inheritance
6. She tells the guy that she had killed her mom, and he tells her sister who is really his lover.
7. The guy is her sister after some sex-change operation and conflics arrise.

What I am trying to say, is that this is not a riddle, it's a "guess what I am thinking about now" game.

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
Foxpup
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 07:57:31 AM

I already heard it. It is, I think, the third stupidest riddle I've ever heard. The second stupidest is the one about the midget who can only push elevator buttons with his umbrella, but refuses to carry his umbrella when it is sunny, despite it being useful for more than just keeping out of the rain. I can just picture him thinking "Oh, shit, I forgot my umbrella again. I thought I wouldn't need it because it was sunny, but I totally forgot I also need it to push the elevator buttons. I also forgot to sue the building manager for not making these elevators handicapped-accessible. I mean, is it really that hard to put in a stool or something?"

The most stupid riddle I've ever heard is the one about the dead guy found alone in a field with a pack on his back. The pack is what killed him, and is either a pack of wolves or an unopened parachute, depending on who's asking the riddle. Riddles are supposed to have one correct answer, dammit!

It has nothing to do with Jell-O and everything to do with gelatin, aka powdered bone slime. Gelatin is a protein consisting of a triple-helix of amino acid chains. The amino acid chains separate when the gelatin is dissolved in hot water, and when the mixture is cooled, the chains link together again to form a semi-solid substance, in much the same way that epoxy resin hardens when the epoxide monomers link together to form polyepoxide plastic. That's not really a riddle, though.

There could be tons of answers to this one.
A crucial piece of information has been left out, and the correct answer doesn't even remotely make sense without that information. A better answer (but not the "correct" one) is that her sister is actually her half-sister, and the man is the sister's father (that's why he was at the mother's funeral). But the girl didn't know that, and when the man told her this, she got so angry at her sister (who never told her she was really her half-sister) that she killed her.

Ivanhoe

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 08:55:11 AM

A crucial piece of information has been left out, and the correct answer doesn't even remotely make sense without that information. A better answer (but not the "correct" one) is that her sister is actually her half-sister, and the man is the sister's father (that's why he was at the mother's funeral). But the girl didn't know that, and when the man told her this, she got so angry at her sister (who never told her she was really her half-sister) that she killed her.
Yes, you're right. I forgot an important part, although it could be solved without it. Here is the correct riddle:

A young girl is at her mother's funeral. She meets a young man she had never seen before, but who's there as a part of family. She instantly falls in love with him. A few days after, she kills her sister. Why?

Sorry guys:(
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 12:46:24 PM

Yes, you're right. I forgot an important part, although it could be solved without it. Here is the correct riddle:

A young girl is at her mother's funeral. She meets a young man she had never seen before, but who's there as a part of family. She instantly falls in love with him. A few days after, she kills her sister. Why?

Sorry guys:(

I don't think foxpup's answer is "better" since it relies on a very specific chain of events. I do agree, however, that the riddle, even the newest edited version (which is also the version I got upon googling it) still needs a bit more info to really help it make more sense and more likely to have only one correct answer:

A young girl is at her mother's funeral. She meets a young man she had never seen before, but who's there as a part of family. She instantly falls in love with him but he leaves before she can find out anything about him. A few days after, she kills her sister. Why?

What I am trying to say, is that this is not a riddle, it's a "guess what I am thinking about now" game.
You're actually just about right. According to what I found, this "riddle" is often used to determine your level of psychopathic tendencies.

Still around.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 04:33:36 PM

It has nothing to do with Jell-O and everything to do with gelatin, aka powdered bone slime. Gelatin is a protein consisting of a triple-helix of amino acid chains. The amino acid chains separate when the gelatin is dissolved in hot water, and when the mixture is cooled, the chains link together again to form a semi-solid substance, in much the same way that epoxy resin hardens when the epoxide monomers link together to form polyepoxide plastic. That's not really a riddle, though.

This is incorrect, for as I've stated it has nothing to do with a product marketed as Jell-OTM or any of its ingredients.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: