Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 10:26:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Question About Paypal Gifts Where it says Payment type instant does that mean  (Read 2529 times)
BitCoinzRUS (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 04:07:55 PM

A Question About Paypal Gifts Where it says "Payment type: instant" does that mean it was funded via Cash and not Credit Card or Bank transfer? I'm asking this question because I am using Paypal to sell Bitcoins. And am worried about fraudulent disputes where I send buyer Bitcoin they say the never received it and I end up losing my money since you can't prove delivery of Bitcoin with Paypal as they are ignorant about how Bitcoin works.

However I am aware that Gifts are irreversible if funded through current account balance and not Credit Card or Bank Transfer.

Kaepora

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 07:06:18 AM

A Question About Paypal Gifts Where it says "Payment type: instant" does that mean it was funded via Cash and not Credit Card or Bank transfer? I'm asking this question because I am using Paypal to sell Bitcoins. And am worried about fraudulent disputes where I send buyer Bitcoin they say the never received it and I end up losing my money since you can't prove delivery of Bitcoin with Paypal as they are ignorant about how Bitcoin works.

However I am aware that Gifts are irreversible if funded through current account balance and not Credit Card or Bank Transfer.

Paypal will pull money from whatever account it needs to, if you have enough funds available it will use that, if you don't have enough and you have a bank account connected it will transfer from there. I wouldnt reccomend selling BTC using Pypal though unless the people you are dealing with have a good reputation.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 4759

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 09:11:38 AM

This is not true.  PayPal is reversible.  It doesn't matter how it is funded.  Do not accept PayPal payment unless you trust the person not to reverse the transaction.
WuLabsWuTecH

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:09:49 AM

This is not true.  PayPal is reversible.  It doesn't matter how it is funded.  Do not accept PayPal payment unless you trust the person not to reverse the transaction.

This.  Regardless of funding method, it is reversible.  CC is just easier to do since the CC company will say screw PP if PP declines to chargeback and the CC will chargeback anyways.  But PP has its own chargeback mechanism and even if you pay with bank account or PP Funds, you can still chargeback if you dispute with PP and win.
BitCoinzRUS (OP)

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 08:07:53 PM

This.  Regardless of funding method, it is reversible.  CC is just easier to do since the CC company will say screw PP if PP declines to chargeback and the CC will chargeback anyways.  But PP has its own chargeback mechanism and even if you pay with bank account or PP Funds, you can still chargeback if you dispute with PP and win.

Thanks for the info guys. I wish I had known this sooner.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: