Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 05:01:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sapphire 7990 Extremely Hot Running CGminer - Need Suggestions  (Read 6042 times)
Cheetahx

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

www.fastcoin.ca

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 05:58:09 AM

As far as i can tell he was just helping

I used BBQcoin to get an understanding of how linux and solo mining worked. Its not a bad idea finding a young alt coin to solo mine, that way u can see what its like to find blocks urself and how to handle transactions between wallets before goin to a high end coin.

Thank you Lothy,

I originally started out as a die hard Bitcoin miner, put all of my 20 GHs GPU Farm hard at work, and as soon as the ASIC units started to come online I was forced to move my GPU gear over to Litecoin.  But I don't understand why everyone just automatically assumes that Litecoin is the best choice?  It seems to me that mining for Litecoin is getting saturated as well, it was nice to see some of the other Alt Coin's which I will not mention again because I don't want to further offend anyone with my current passion.  I will do my best to stick to the thread topic, sorry if I may have offended any of you that was not my intent.

Peace.

Fastest fairly released Crypto

FST: feH4MSdmG42be3dzjYgXKtnKDEYcKNUKkB     BTC: 1CMeKdFQYnYLpjTd7k7UGkgK6L4TSJFNNR 

www.fastcoin.ca
www.fastcointalk.org
lazydna

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 06:07:40 AM

I bought a 7990 the temps are slightly higher than the reviews I've read. It's idling at  50c. In games under full load it seems to run normal temps around 83c. When I run CGMiner it shoots through the roof to +100c before I shut it down. I've tried lowering -I to 4 and even down clocked the gpu to 550mhz from 1000mhz and ram down to 200mhz still shoots up really high. Is there a configuration in CGMiner that might help or any other suggestions?

I have a gaming case, I'm going to beef up the fans but my 7970 never had a heat issue.

Hi Arucs,

You can try running a low intensive script miner Coin like FastCoin, you can download it here...

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-lUxAN4BdWcYnpuYlo2RmFrd2s/edit?usp=sharing

Download the wallet and see if you get the same results.

Currently it is less resource intensive then mining for BitCoin and Litecoin at the moment.  You might want to turn up the fans to 100% before you start mining as well.  

The other possibility is that the fan's aren't running fast enough, you might have a defective card, I would return it and swap it out for a new one.

If you want to learn more about FastCoin click here...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=237703.0

Good luck with the card, hope this helps you out...

wow, really? your going to plug your shit coin into this thread?
he's hashing scrypt, it doesn't matter if he was mining litecoin or your shitcoin.

OP if you got problems with temperatures, either open your case for better ventilation, install extra fans, or flash your bios and undervolt.

lazydna,

Please tell me why you talk badly about FastCoin?  If you have an alternative coin to suggest I would love to hear about it?  It's not my intention to talk negatively about any coin and I would appreciate it if you could substantiate your position with some facts if you have any?  Or perhaps you might be able to talk more positively about other coin's before slamming the FastCoin.  Did you have a bad experience with this coin?  Please do tell...

Peace.

no because it's quite obvious you're a shill for the copy-pasta-get-rich-quick-clone-coins and your trying to get as many uninformed newbies into mining your coin so you can eventually dump it at an exchange. this isn't even the place to discuss this, stick to the thread topic.

Wow that's quite an accusation!  Your right, this is not the place for this discussion, but I can assure you I am not a pump and dump shill.  True I am currently passionate about the FastCoin, but I think it is premature to make this type of accusation.  What Script base coin would you suggest to mine, do you believe that BitCoin and LiteCoin are the only viable options at this point?

btc, ltc, ppc, frc, nmc all viable. why? because they all do something different. They are innovative. Fast coin? it's just litecoin with orphans and you know what? if fast coins faster block times are really good, Litecoin can easily adapt and take it from fastcoin rendering it worthless.

people are only interested in fastcoin because the difficulty starts low and rewards early adopters, so everyone's trying to push their copy pasta coins to the newbs in hopes that one day their 'early adopters' bonus kicks in and they can reap a profit. I got no problems with alt coins that are innovative but Fastcoin is just the 'I missed the early BTC and LTC boat so i'll try and make my own' attitude.

Cheetahx

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

www.fastcoin.ca

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 06:34:33 AM

I bought a 7990 the temps are slightly higher than the reviews I've read. It's idling at  50c. In games under full load it seems to run normal temps around 83c. When I run CGMiner it shoots through the roof to +100c before I shut it down. I've tried lowering -I to 4 and even down clocked the gpu to 550mhz from 1000mhz and ram down to 200mhz still shoots up really high. Is there a configuration in CGMiner that might help or any other suggestions?

I have a gaming case, I'm going to beef up the fans but my 7970 never had a heat issue.

Hi Arucs,

You can try running a low intensive script miner Coin like FastCoin, you can download it here...

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-lUxAN4BdWcYnpuYlo2RmFrd2s/edit?usp=sharing

Download the wallet and see if you get the same results.

Currently it is less resource intensive then mining for BitCoin and Litecoin at the moment.  You might want to turn up the fans to 100% before you start mining as well.  

The other possibility is that the fan's aren't running fast enough, you might have a defective card, I would return it and swap it out for a new one.

If you want to learn more about FastCoin click here...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=237703.0

Good luck with the card, hope this helps you out...

wow, really? your going to plug your shit coin into this thread?
he's hashing scrypt, it doesn't matter if he was mining litecoin or your shitcoin.

OP if you got problems with temperatures, either open your case for better ventilation, install extra fans, or flash your bios and undervolt.

lazydna,

Please tell me why you talk badly about FastCoin?  If you have an alternative coin to suggest I would love to hear about it?  It's not my intention to talk negatively about any coin and I would appreciate it if you could substantiate your position with some facts if you have any?  Or perhaps you might be able to talk more positively about other coin's before slamming the FastCoin.  Did you have a bad experience with this coin?  Please do tell...

Peace.

no because it's quite obvious you're a shill for the copy-pasta-get-rich-quick-clone-coins and your trying to get as many uninformed newbies into mining your coin so you can eventually dump it at an exchange. this isn't even the place to discuss this, stick to the thread topic.

Wow that's quite an accusation!  Your right, this is not the place for this discussion, but I can assure you I am not a pump and dump shill.  True I am currently passionate about the FastCoin, but I think it is premature to make this type of accusation.  What Script base coin would you suggest to mine, do you believe that BitCoin and LiteCoin are the only viable options at this point?

btc, ltc, ppc, frc, nmc all viable. why? because they all do something different. They are innovative. Fast coin? it's just litecoin with orphans and you know what? if fast coins faster block times are really good, Litecoin can easily adapt and take it from fastcoin rendering it worthless.

people are only interested in fastcoin because the difficulty starts low and rewards early adopters, so everyone's trying to push their copy pasta coins to the newbs in hopes that one day their 'early adopters' bonus kicks in and they can reap a profit. I got no problems with alt coins that are innovative but Fastcoin is just the 'I missed the early BTC and LTC boat so i'll try and make my own' attitude.

Thanks for your reply lazydna,

I respect your comments, its interesting that you selected FRC as part of the mentioned list.  BTC, LTC I am familiar with and have mined extensively, I have also mined FRC but I was turned off with the amount of time it took to confirm newly mined coins.  I like the concept with respects to demurrage idea with FRC, it certainly made the coin interesting and unique. 

Do you know why it takes so long for the mined coins to be confirmed?  Again I apologize in advance as this may not be the best thread to discuss this.  But I would be open to open a new thread on this subject as I can see you have some depth and substance in this subject.

Sincerely

/C

Fastest fairly released Crypto

FST: feH4MSdmG42be3dzjYgXKtnKDEYcKNUKkB     BTC: 1CMeKdFQYnYLpjTd7k7UGkgK6L4TSJFNNR 

www.fastcoin.ca
www.fastcointalk.org
glontz

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:34:34 PM

hello, I use 7990 and guiminer but when start work only 1 GPU what setting need for work together ?
ra2zr

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:26:15 PM

I have 2 7990's and my temps stay around 75c but the system shutsdown after about 30 or so minutes and when i go to check on the temps or open application. I am using GUIMiner, /having issues getting cgminer working on windows 7. It doesnt recognize my cards.
So what happens is I go back to the computer and open a browser / gpu temp monitor and when I bring it up it shuts the system down. Am I putting too much of a load on the cards ?
I am getting 1.3 mh/s per card (7990).

Computer setup :
Win7
ASUS Crosshair v Formula-Z AM3+
AMD FX-9590 Vishera 4.7Ghz
2x7990
2x R9 270x
32gb Kingston HyperX Beast 32GB DDR3 2133
240GB SSD
1350 enermax platinum
additional 1200w psu.

Thanks Everone for your advice / input.

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 09:13:32 AM

That could be the cpu overloading the psu or the mobo's power management. I would downclock and undervolt the cpu.

My 3 gpu rig will do an instant reset if I'm running the cpu as a 6 core and it goes under load for too long. eg. Phenom II x4 960T with 2 unlocked cores.

This usually happens when I forget to set the client's affinity to 1 or 2 cores, while its updating the client/blockchain.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: