Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:00:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which Best Describes Your Situation Right now?
I appear to have lost nothing
I appear to have lost something
I have had my claim rejected
I have not been verified yet
Other (Please Specify)

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll - Mt. Gox Rollback - We Finally see our Accounts  (Read 4956 times)
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 12:59:44 PM

Looking good now.  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RandyMarsh (OP)

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 01:27:01 PM

Hmm. I see a dozen logins between Sat 18 Jun 2011 02:35:11 PM JST and Sat 18 Jun 2011 02:44:26 PM JST from these IP addresses:

Apparently these addresses belong to Prolexic. I think this was about 24 hours before I was locked out of my account (my home IP shows up several times after this), and 38 hours before the crash.

Edit: Maybe this was me logging in while there was some kind of DDoS protection running? Around 2:45 PM JST, I was unable to stay logged in (I'd be immediately logged out after loading the main page), and around 2:59 PM I noticed I was unable to change my password.

Those are the same ones I had!

Has anyone Else seen this? These IPs do seem to be related to DDoS alright, a quick google of 209.200.185.88 leads to http://www.prolexic.com/ a company specializing in DDoS protection "5 out of 10 world's top banks rely on Prolexic"
Although Googling the others seem to bring up proxy sites?

Anyone know what this is about? my knowledge of this sort of thing is somewhat limited.

Stan?! STAN?!?!
Horkabork

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 01:45:15 PM

Has anyone Else seen this? These IPs do seem to be related to DDoS alright, a quick google of 209.200.185.88 leads to http://www.prolexic.com/ a company specializing in DDoS protection "5 out of 10 world's top banks rely on Prolexic"

Anyone know what this is about? my knowledge of this sort of thing is somewhat limited.

Mt. Gox uses Prolexic. I don't know why that would have anything to do with logging into any one person's account. Maybe they were attempted logins for penetration testing (Despite people thinking Mt. Gox didn't give a crap about security, they apparently previously spent over 2000 BTC on security bounties). It's also possible that some people's IPs had to be whitelisted due to overambitious DDOS filters, which somehow might be an explanation.

Either that, or routing during the DDOS made it seem like a lot of people came from Prolexic which might have been routing traffic. Now I'm just guessing wildly, though. So maybe all the logged IPs that come up as Prolexic can be strung together and translated to give the secret location of the ark of the covenant.

Me: 15gbWvpLPfbLJZBsL2u5gkBdL3BUXDbTuF
A goat: http://i52.tinypic.com/34pj4v6.jpg
Bind

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 01:54:50 PM

At first I was rejected ...

Then I was pending review even though I had given them all the accurate info they wanted.

Now it appears I am accepted and my balances are accurate.

I think this is good for bitcoins.

Only through adversity can we have true growth and improvement.

I still have alot of questions about MT Gox and some of them may never be answered, but if they dont run with the money and bitcoins, then it will be a safer more secure exchange, which is best for everyone and bitcoins in general.

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▐▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▐▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▐▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌  ▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▓▓▓▌    ▀▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌        ▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓              ▐▓▓▓
      ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
.Money Transfer and Investment.
...Instagramhugeb Facebook hugeb Twitter hugeb Youtube ...

█▄                                     ▄▄▌
     ██▄██▄▄                                ▄███▄█
     ▀▀█▄█▄██▌▀▄                       ▄▄█▀█ ▄███▀
     ▐█▄█▀▀█▀██▄█▀▄                 ▄█▀█▄██▐▀▀█▄▄█
       ▀▀█████▀█████▄              ██▌███▀█████▀▀
      ██▀█████████ ██▄▄▄▄██▄▄█▄█▄▄█████▄▄▀█▄█████▀
     ▐████ ▄▄██████▐███▀▀▀████▀▀▀███▄██████▄▄▀████
       ▀ ███▄█████████▐▄▀▀   ▐█▀▐▐██████▀█▄███▀▀▀      ▌
       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▐█▀█▄ ▀  █▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
          ▄██▐█▀ █▀██▄██▌      ██ ▄█▄▐█ ▀█▐█▄
              ▄█▐ ▀▀▀▐ █ ▌█▀█▌▌▐██ ▀▀ ▀▐█▄
                      ▀▐ █ █▄▄▌▐
                       ▄ ▄██▐█
                    ▄██▌▄  ▄  ▀▄▀██
                     ▄████ ▌███▀██
                       ██▌█▌█▌██▌   
                          ▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JOIN OUR VISION TODAY
FOR A BETTER WORLD TOMORROW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
     █   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ██████
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
     █              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Atom

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

"Basics Of Generational Dynamics" - Look it up!

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2011, 02:04:13 PM

Good perspective to have Bind, I think you're right on this one.   

Any specific questions you want answered?  We're going to try again to get Magical Tux onto the show, so tell us what you need to know.

BitTalk
with Atlas & Atom
A Show for the Bitcoin Universe, Fresh Episodes Weekly!
Episode 3 out now at BitTalk.tv

Liked this weeks episode of BitTalk?  Send us your 2¢ (.02BTC) 
13RVBjpo3xLeDBkB2NM64N8sWK4fariZUu
zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 02:09:51 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2011, 02:22:14 PM by zby

Ask him to reset the presumable account lock when doing the password recovery - apparently if you forget your password and you try too hard your account is locked and password recovery only frustrates you even more, because you cannot login with the new password (http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=22296.msg281352#msg281352).  And also let people do that password recovery multiple times instead of once in life.
Hook^

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 02:20:28 PM

Good perspective to have Bind, I think you're right on this one.   

Any specific questions you want answered?  We're going to try again to get Magical Tux onto the show, so tell us what you need to know.
Yeah, tell him that it would be a good idea to allow 24 hours from account opening time to market opening time.  That way the primary concern of most people (withdrawing funds) can be accomplished during this 24 hour period.  And it gives time for other to put buy/sell orders into the system without having to be johnny-on-the-spot during the one hour period he is proposing.  People are having to schedule their lives around the one hour window that keeps changing anyway.
bitcoinminer

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 02:23:14 PM

i got the success email from mt. cox but i can only see the help desk... where are you guys logging in?

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett
RandyMarsh (OP)

Activity: 237

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 02:26:44 PM

i got the success email from mt. cox but i can only see the help desk... where are you guys logging in?

https://claim.mtgox.com/status.html

Thats a login page for most of us

Stan?! STAN?!?!
bitcoinminer

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 02:28:33 PM

that logs me in to the help desk, i see no account info

-Warren Buffett
dinzy

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 02:34:44 PM

I took a screen-cap while I could, and everything rolled back fine. I "lost" the 70 coins I bought at 13 which means I get no commission trades for a month Smiley
bitcoinminer

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 03:07:32 PM

I took a screen-cap while I could, and everything rolled back fine. I "lost" the 70 coins I bought at 13 which means I get no commission trades for a month Smiley

It's obscene to me that they're "discounting" their trade rate... They should be giving everybody a couple of bitcoins for free, and no trade commissions for a month for anybody.  It takes some gargantuan juevos after all the delays and bullshit to even think about charging people money right now.

-Warren Buffett
dev^

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 03:30:53 PM

Normal proxys act transparent, in this case it seems to be for a short time not. (You have to configure your webserver to use the IP submitted by the proxy, instead of the "requesting IP")
At least in this case, it's nothing we should worry about. It can occur if they switched, e.g. in case of any running DDoS, first to the DDoS protection and then reconfigured their webservers some minutes later.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: