Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:33:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any purpose for Slack other than being a platform for scammers?  (Read 225 times)
Mintycash (OP)

Activity: 220
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:21:08 PM

I mean good lord!

Ok I am new but I'd say that 75% (Or more) of any messages coming from Slack are a scam.

Why would anyone want to use such a plagued platform? Why do ICOs use it if it is such a risk for their clients, their bussiness and their reputation?

What was its original purpose?

Cheers
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 7040

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2017, 09:07:23 PM

It's a good software for communication between teams and support between the devs and the users. People should be aware that they shouldn't click anything they receive, not only on Slack, but also in every other website/software - like Reddit, where there is also tons of phising attempts.

Ok I am new but I'd say that 75% (Or more) of any messages coming from Slack are a scam.
Not true. When I used Slack in my daily basis, I joined more than 15 slack servers and I never received more than 3 fake messages from someone claiming to be a dev or a update bot sending malwares.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
salihno71

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:21:23 PM

Slack is actually a good platform for team communication. You just need to keep in mind that wherever there is a money, there will be also a lot of interested shady guys/girls to take it away from you.. If you apply same logic, you could also say same thing for this forum...
Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:22:07 PM

Well, I am currently on a slack platform; an educative one for that matter. I don't see how a chat platform will be basically termed scam. Probably, I will say it depends on the users. Any social medium can be used by scammers. It now has to do with users' sensitivity to cyber safety. Meaning one shouldn't be too careless about one's details when on any chat platforms.
Mintycash (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:26:28 PM

Ah, thanks for the clarification!

As I said I am new and the only reason I signed with slack was because I was following some ICOs. I realise ICOs are a target for scammers and that's why I see so many of them, as I am not using it for anything else.

Maybe I am just a bit paranoic but I try not to trust anyone!

Again, thanks.
staywoke081

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

Santa Coin

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:31:45 AM

I mean good lord!

Why would anyone want to use such a plagued platform? Why do ICOs use it if it is such a risk for their clients, their bussiness and their reputation?

What was its original purpose?

Cheers

Honestly it was a good platform before scammers starting to spam it a ton. Couple that with the fact there is no way to stop those spammers from creating accounts and joining these slacks, you have a

big problem. Originally prior to July I think I may have had one or two scam attempts ever. Only one thing I can think of is the real reason for the increase of spam and scamming on slack and that is

some people got severely scammed and now these scammers think they can fleece everyone.

mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3838

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:38:17 AM

Ah, thanks for the clarification!

As I said I am new and the only reason I signed with slack was because I was following some ICOs. I realise ICOs are a target for scammers and that's why I see so many of them, as I am not using it for anything else.

Maybe I am just a bit paranoic but I try not to trust anyone!

Again, thanks.

Slack is a great platform for developers and the project's followers to communicate. Just make sure to think twice when clicking links especially from private messages, as I've definitely seen a lot of people complaining on social media like Facebook on how they got scammed by the "developers" and calling the ICOs scam/fraud even though the devs were definitely not involved.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Mintycash (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:28:56 PM

No worries, I am not prone to blame shifting. If something is my fault, it is my fault! Thanks for the tips!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: