Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:28:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: a movie theatre in Poland is looking for a Bitcoin payment processor  (Read 1219 times)
Loozik (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 10:15:47 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2013, 10:30:15 PM by Loozik

Hello,

I have a friend who owns a 80 seat movie theatre in Poland. I convinced him to start accepting Bitcoin. Tickets are sold at price USD 2 - 6 (depending whether you are a child or a student or a senior or the movie is 2D or 3D). There are 10 different ticket prices. Ticket prices change once in a year, so no very often.

I have a couple of questions.

1. Which Bitcoin payment processor do you recommend and why?

2. How often does the Bitcoin payment processor send the money in a national currency to the merchant (every day / every weak / month / quarter)?

3. What infrastructure do you recommend for a movie theatre (dedicated android phone, dedicated laptop or a desktop, others)?

4. What happens if only 1 ticket worth of USD 3 is sold during a year? - wouldn't banking fees for sending this money to the merchant wipe out the whole income?

5. What else should I ask?

Thanks.

The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheGovernedSelf

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 12:29:36 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2013, 01:41:29 AM by TheGovernedSelf

You could simply print out a QR code requesting X BTC (X being the ticket price)

People with bitcoin scan using their phones, then hit send. You could have a PC running the client with Bitcoin-Qt open. It would post the transaction in under 3 seconds and then they could be given the paper ticket even with 0 confirms(The chance of an invalid transaction is currently 1/10,000). By the time the movie is over, you'd have the spendable bitcoin in your wallet.

Sell the coins on localbitcoin.com if you want the local currency.
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 12:33:18 AM

Sounds like we need a hardware startup focusing on POS systems.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 12:34:40 AM

Curious, How can I get more info on the cinema?

Sounds like we need a hardware startup focusing on POS systems.

Use a tablet?
TheGovernedSelf

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 01:46:30 AM

Use a tablet?

You don't even need that.

http://imgur.com/JYQXvKe

bitcoin:1Pv8KAcBqMrpTiydK6JZbJ4zj3UDanrwDF?amount=0.02&label=Movie%20Theater&message=Thank%20you%20for%20your%20business%21

Contains:
Address: (Insert here)
Amount: $2.6 USD or 20 mBTC
Label: Movie Theater

It can simply be printed on a sheet of paper. Made in 5 seconds with Bitcoin-Qt. Works with any mobile wallet. No 3rd parties.
rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 02:22:55 AM

Use a tablet?

You don't even need that.

bitcoin:1Pv8KAcBqMrpTiydK6JZbJ4zj3UDanrwDF?amount=0.02&label=Movie%20Theater&message=Thank%20you%20for%20your%20business%21

Contains:

It can simply be printed on a sheet of paper. Made in 5 seconds with Bitcoin-Qt. Works with any mobile wallet. No 3rd parties.

I really like the role of paper in btc world. Total awesomeness
Ill visit poland someday.
Loozik (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 03:54:26 AM

Curious, How can I get more info on the cinema?

This is the cinema's website (layout and content will be changed radically soon) http://kinomalta.pl/ and fb: https://www.facebook.com/KinoCharlieMonroe

Loozik (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 04:01:12 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2013, 04:22:28 AM by Loozik

You could simply print out a QR code requesting X BTC (X being the ticket price)

People with bitcoin scan using their phones, then hit send. You could have a PC running the client with Bitcoin-Qt open. It would post the transaction in under 3 seconds and then they could be given the paper ticket even with 0 confirms(The chance of an invalid transaction is currently 1/10,000). By the time the movie is over, you'd have the spendable bitcoin in your wallet.

Sell the coins on localbitcoin.com if you want the local currency.

The people working in this cinema are artistic souls who have problems using a computer. It looks like I will do the charitable work and:
a) will sit there for a month with my laptop
b) will generate QR codes using Bitcoin-Qt based on BTCPLN rate of exchange on MtGox, and then
c) after receiving payment in Bitcoin, I will be putting Polish currency into the cinema cash register

untill a better option is found  Grin

EDIT: There is a free WiFi in the cinema. Maybe WiFi could be used somehow to facilitate Bitcoin payments.
Loozik (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 04:04:45 AM

What promotional materials do you suggest: stickers, posters, others? Where can we get the design / Bitcoin logo from?
Loozik (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 02:22:49 AM

Contains:

Is there a way to print the QR Code (using e.g. Bitcoin-Qt with:

a) price to be paid by the buyer - this is standard
AND
b) transaction fee to be enforced upon the buyer?

The reason for b) is that I want to mitigate the risk of the buyer not attaching the fee and therefore the transaction going into limbo or staying unconfirmed for a long time.

Thanks
Loozik (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:43:03 AM

This is what I want

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: