Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:08:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: USA/Canada [Group Buy #4 @680/50] ASICMiner Erupter USB 2.04236 each @ 5 units  (Read 16600 times)
MikeMike
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 12:45:22 PM

Can you guys explain to me why you are buying these devices, which have no other value but for mining of BTC?

I just do not see how these would be profitable given the current growth of the difficulty.

They are readily available and they work.

They are also silent and efficient.

I've wanted to mine for a while, but was turned off by the power requirements of GPU mining.  I like having a source of bitcoins that isn't dependent on exchanges.

BINGO!

ralphte

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 01:55:42 PM

Value is the biggest idea people care not to mention when it comes to mining bitcoins. I have read so much about difficulty increase with ASIC and how there not going to be profitable. But the math is not static. You can make predictions on ROI with difficulty and current value but the potential value for the Bitcoin could be through the roof and make the coins you got from your USB miner very profitable even if it is very few. The power consumption is so low you have only Bitcoins to gain. The USB ASIC makes it so easy to mine. At the end of the day you can run them forever and still make something. Even if a very small %. They are over priced but take a look at what they re going for a ebay! Makes the bitcoin price look good. Anyways just my 2 cents.
ftping

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

200 OK

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 01:58:43 PM

Value is the biggest idea people care not to mention when it comes to mining bitcoins. I have read so much about difficulty increase with ASIC and how there not going to be profitable. But the math is not static. You can make predictions on ROI with difficulty and current value but the potential value for the Bitcoin could be through the roof and make the coins you got from your USB miner very profitable even if it is very few. The power consumption is so low you have only Bitcoins to gain. The USB ASIC makes it so easy to mine. At the end of the day you can run them forever and still make something. Even if a very small %. They are over priced but take a look at what they re going for a ebay! Makes the bitcoin price look good. Anyways just my 2 cents.

I think you mean your 2 satoshis.  Smiley
MikeMike
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 01:59:43 PM

Plus- It's a really "______________" to do...because "____________________"!!!

WuLabsWuTecH

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 02:08:00 PM

So the real question here is....

WHEN IS GROUP BUY 5 STARTING???!!!!

LOL

SOON!!! get those funds ready...

The WULabsWuTecH ACH Saga has ended!  I got my funds over to campBX finally today!  Will the prices be the same, or should I hold off on buying BTC until you know what price group 5 will be?
WuLabsWuTecH

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 02:08:46 PM

Can you guys explain to me why you are buying these devices, which have no other value but for mining of BTC?

I just do not see how these would be profitable given the current growth of the difficulty.

Novelty purpose!  I plan on sticking on in each of my work computers via a USB extension and let it sit as a decoration on my desk!
conv3rsion

Activity: 310

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 02:47:18 PM

They ship. And they are the first mass produced USB ASIC, which is awesome in its own right.

People say that if difficulty increases too fast, you would have been better off buying coins.

They are right, so I do both.
WuLabsWuTecH

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 05:01:04 PM

nutschig; 3; 6.2323; 1ytGN1TKPDd9U18zSjBQG5q9R9sDz8Tco

This buy is already closed mate
WuLabsWuTecH

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 05:29:18 PM

He is on the list on the 1st post in this thread.

So is this buy closed or not?  Can I still get in on it?
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 06:10:22 PM

So the real question here is....

WHEN IS GROUP BUY 5 STARTING???!!!!

LOL

SOON!!! get those funds ready...

The WULabsWuTecH ACH Saga has ended!  I got my funds over to campBX finally today!  Will the prices be the same, or should I hold off on buying BTC until you know what price group 5 will be?
should be the same price table, although i'm going to change minimum required for free upgrade to next day shipping (current model wasn't priced all that properly), will up the Canadian minimum (to encourage Canadian purchase groups... I really don't like dealing with customs forms when I have to ship outside of US) and the add on to next day fedex will cost .3.
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 06:11:50 PM

He is on the list on the 1st post in this thread.

So is this buy closed or not?  Can I still get in on it?
grp 4 is closed. miners are already on their way from friedcat.
group 5 is starting soon.
WuLabsWuTecH

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 07:58:32 PM

grp 4 is closed. miners are already on their way from friedcat.
group 5 is starting soon.

Awesome! Money is in all the right places this time so I'll be ready to go.  Any idea when soon is?  Before the week is out?
HorusFTW

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 08:30:18 PM

Canary: Understandable about the costs/qty increases for Canada. I'm hoping that i can combine my group 4 purchase with another 5 units in group 5. That would cut down on one customs form and some shipping costs likely.

This must be a full-time job atm! You're time is appreciated!!
drlukacs

Activity: 854
Merit: 253

l0tt0.com

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 10:05:51 PM

One factor most do not take into account is Bitcoin has the potential of increasing in value into the Thousands of Dollars per 1- BTC.

If so, then why would you spend your BTC now instead of wait until it goes up, and then exchange it?

I was considering profitability or breaking even when everything is calculated in BTC (and even ignoring electricity costs).

WHIRLWIND
|
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄         █
     ▄▄██▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄        █A
    ▄██▀▄██▀▄▀▀▀ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄     █
   ███ ██▀▄▀     ▄▄▀▄▄ ▀█▄   █
  ███ ███ █        ▀▄ █▄ ██  █
  ███ ███ █         █ ██ ██  █
  ███ ███ █        ▄▀ █▀ ██  █
   ███ ██▄▀▄     ▀▀▄▀▀ ▄█▀   █
    ▀██▄▀██▄▀▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀     █
     ▀▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀        █
        ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄▀▀         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  No Fee    Ultimate Privacy  
ANONYMITY
MINING CAMPAIGN
MIX NOW
|
WuLabsWuTecH

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 12:25:48 AM

Yup, was delayed by the four hour Newbie timeout. Just got unlocked this morning.

That makes a lot more sense now!
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 01:02:11 AM

I believe I've got everything updated correctly on first page.  please take a look.
those with a RED NO, please send a signed message with your shipping info.
those with GREEN YES, you're all set.

if somehow anyone is still missing from the order list, please let me know ASAP!!
tyler26

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 01:10:02 AM

I believe I've got everything updated correctly on first page.  please take a look.

if somehow anyone is still missing from the order list, please let me know ASAP!!
Sent you a PM with my signed msg. Does the "---" just mean you haven't received a message yet?
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 01:12:11 AM

I believe I've got everything updated correctly on first page.  please take a look.

Sent you a PM with my verified msg. Does the "---" just mean you haven't received a message yet?
correct
Zapit1

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 01:57:26 AM

I sent a pm with the signed message again, Canary...hopefully did it right this time... Roll Eyes  ...and can get the red "No" taken away from beside my name...
-thanks...
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 02:59:18 AM

I sent a pm with the signed message again, Canary...hopefully did it right this time... Roll Eyes  ...and can get the red "No" taken away from beside my name...
-thanks...
Please resend.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: