Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:19:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs Announces Bulk Chip Sales  (Read 15791 times)
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1252

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 11:01:55 AM

Is it OK in the US if those damn assholes sell the basic components of a product I already paid in June 2012 to another customer?! They should burn in hell!  Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gabit

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 11:07:46 AM

Is it OK in the US if those damn assholes sell the basic components of a product I already paid in June 2012 to another customer?! They should burn in hell!  Huh

+BTC250
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 11:13:16 AM

Considering that's not what they are doing, all you have done is shown your lack of comprehension of a relatively simple product announcement. I suggest you go and read it again, perhaps twice.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/3014-butterfly-labs-announces-bulk-chip-sales.html
Gabit

Activity: 145

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 11:24:30 AM

Considering that's not what they are doing, all you have done is shown your lack of comprehension of a relatively simple product announcement. I suggest you go and read it again, perhaps twice.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/3014-butterfly-labs-announces-bulk-chip-sales.html

Quote from: BFL_Josh
Butterfly Labs will begin selling bulk chips to individuals and companies starting in June, 2013.

Do you actually think they can full fill their promise to manufacture 10k orders in a month. For fuck sake. Best they managed to do is a manufacture a one Jalopeno / day. I've waited them to deliver my SC for a god damn year, and now they're gonna kill the rest of my investment with this shit. I've officially lost BTC250 now. They can shove that $1200 refund up in their ass.
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1252

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 11:35:05 AM

If they deliver a single ASIC before all pre-orders are shipped, they fucked their customers again. There are no signs that they will ship all their pre-orders in the next 100 days. I read the announcement several times but don't see the statement that the ASIC shipment will begin after the last Miner pre-order was shipped.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 12:05:25 PM

we are going to have about a 20% difficulty increase and still BFL hasnt delivered...lol

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 12:16:42 PM

Glad I got my refund  Roll Eyes Meet the uberscam...

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 12:23:05 PM

Glad I got my refund  Roll Eyes Meet the uberscam...

So you'll be updating your scamlist thread then?

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 12:24:40 PM

If they deliver a single ASIC before all pre-orders are shipped, they fucked their customers again. There are no signs that they will ship all their pre-orders in the next 100 days. I read the announcement several times but don't see the statement that the ASIC shipment will begin after the last Miner pre-order was shipped.

I hope they do, just to rub it in your face! It's clowns like yourself that try and equate the supply of a single component with the supply of a completed whole item. If it were just chip supply that was holding up the pre-orders they would have been out the door weeks ago. Why not pick on long torex screws, or cases, they need those too.

TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 12:35:49 PM

I hope they do, just to rub it in your face! It's clowns like yourself that try and equate the supply of a single component with the supply of a completed whole item. If it were just chip supply that was holding up the pre-orders they would have been out the door weeks ago. Why not pick on long torex screws, or cases, they need those too.

I don't see how this matters. The point everyone is trying to drive home is that BFL have yet to deliver more than a single month of pre-orders of ONE of their products, they lack even the most basic communication skills, and are far over energy consumption and size of their miners.

YET they seem to have the time to prioritize order upgrades and now chip orders vs. their already soon to be 1 YEAR overdue customer orders.

Seriously, what company does this?
intron

Activity: 427
Merit: 251

- electronics design|embedded software|verilog -

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 12:46:13 PM

So now they are also in the chip selling business:

Butterfly Labs will begin selling bulk chips to individuals and companies starting in June, 2013. Chip delivery schedule is approximately 100 days through end packaging once your order is placed. We will be providing reference documentation, reference design/schematics, and foundry receipt/documentation.

Chips will be graded and priced as follows:

Grade A: 16 Engines - $97/chip
Grade B: 15 Engines - $93/chip
Grade C: 14 Engines - $89/chip

Grade D: 13 Engines or less - $83/chip

Our chips will be provided in minimum lots of 100 with the following price structure:

100 - 999 chips - Regular Price
1000 - 9999 chips - 5% discount
10,000 - 99,999 chips - 10% discount
100,000 or more - 20% discount

Chip orders will require 50% down and 50% upon order delivery. Payment can be made via BTC (preferred) or bank wire.

Advantages of BFL chips:

1/2 the power usage per GH as the closest competitor
1/10th the silicon area per GH as the closest competitor (Very high performance density)
You can use off the shelf heat sinks depending on your chip layout due to FCBGA package vs custom underside heat sinks as required on some QFN packages. You don't have to design and manufacture heat sinks!
Proven design currently operating in the field and ready to go.

We will allow you to convert current orders with us into chip orders if you would rather design your own.

If you would like to place an order, please email chipsales@butterflylabs.com

Anyone with a datasheet? Or a chip pinout + package type?
So we can start drawing the schematic and doing the initial
placement already.

intron
Kernel32

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

If you can't do something smart,do something right

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 01:14:33 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2013, 03:10:03 PM by Kernel32

Here's an idea.

Lets get some trustworthy ESCROW person and gather funds for minimum order of BFL chips.

Either they deliver chips on time + datasheets or we keep our money and good bye.

The price is actually reasonable and if they are not able to produce the boards/rigs (the real bottleneck of BFL), we can get someone capable to do it right. There are some talents designing Avalon chip boards.

If butterflies actually deliver ... people waiting for big preorders will most likely kill them. None of my business.

EDIT: Already contacted John K. in his thread.

EDIT2: New thread to discuss 100% escrow https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=223571.msg2349094#msg2349094

1FqMyFU9CH3WST6oRsw6ZjJNZ5ScXANzqi
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 02:20:43 PM

This is interesting.  Chips delivered en mass in around 100 days?  Is that BFL suggesting they will get most or all of their preorders done within the next 100 days and then concentrate on the chip business?  To me it seems pretty unlikely, as the PCBs instead of the chips seem to be the hold up right now.  BFL could well be shipping chips while product preorders are still outstanding.  It will take a while for third parties to develop, test and ship their own boards so BFL probably have 200 days from now before rival products appear based on BFL chips.
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 02:37:20 PM

This is interesting.  Chips delivered en mass in around 100 days?  Is that BFL suggesting they will get most or all of their preorders done within the next 100 days and then concentrate on the chip business?  To me it seems pretty unlikely, as the PCBs instead of the chips seem to be the hold up right now.  BFL could well be shipping chips while product preorders are still outstanding.  It will take a while for third parties to develop, test and ship their own boards so BFL probably have 200 days from now before rival products appear based on BFL chips.

So... at 200 days for 3rd party.

I guess the question folks considering chips need to ask themselves is... will third parties deliver faster at 200 days, than BFL itself.  Tough call... I would lean towards third parties.

I personally have no interest in their chips with the current state of information about them and their reference design.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 03:13:04 PM

I guess the question folks considering chips need to ask themselves is... will third parties deliver faster at 200 days, than BFL itself.  Tough call... I would lean towards third parties.

I personally have no interest in their chips with the current state of information about them and their reference design.

No.

They are bailing on responsibilities.

They have, to their credit, designed working ASIC chips. How reliable they are is open to contention.

They are opening the machine/PCB design to open source.

Cutting and running.

I actually replied in a BFL post last week suggesting they do just this; swallow pride and open source to the community. I'm actually intrigued to know whether this was taken aboard!

If someone in the community is able to design a working on solution before them, or an improved solution, almost certainly they will adopt/base a design on it and fulfil orders.

Makes total sense from their position.

They need help, and this is an opportunity for the BFL pre-order community to assist them...unless they wish to loose funds.

Operatr

Activity: 798

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 03:14:21 PM

I guess the question folks considering chips need to ask themselves is... will third parties deliver faster at 200 days, than BFL itself.  Tough call... I would lean towards third parties.

Or it is total BS, which from these guy seems totally likely.

Remember, not one unit of the newer BitForce line has shipped, at all. Just a few Jalepenos so far, which is an older one before that little refresh when it was obvious their first design was flawed.

Now they suddenly can handle additional demand to ship bulk chips too?  Undecided

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 03:28:12 PM

Or it is total BS, which from these guy seems totally likely.

Remember, not one unit of the newer BitForce line has shipped, at all. Just a few Jalepenos so far, which is an older one before that little refresh when it was obvious their first design was flawed.

Now they suddenly can handle additional demand to ship bulk chips too?  Undecided

Or, maybe BFL needs a little more funding to buy the chips for the new product lines.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Kernel32

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

If you can't do something smart,do something right

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 03:37:10 PM

They outsource them for sure. It is a try to make a quick painless buck. As they see Avalon chips income.

We could play they'r game, but under our rules.

I'm trying to negotiate. More on that in separate thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=223571.0

1FqMyFU9CH3WST6oRsw6ZjJNZ5ScXANzqi
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 03:41:31 PM

Poor Erk. Working so hard to call everyone a clown, or douche, or troll.
Doesn't BFL have a job opening for a public relations manager?

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 03:56:11 PM

Poor Erk. Working so hard to call everyone a clown, or douche, or troll.
Doesn't BFL have a job opening for a public relations manager?

On their site they have quite a few job openings available for those based in the US.

They also offer con-sulting...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: