Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:18:53 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Burst weekly report! The future is bright! Proof of Capacity is here.  (Read 21974 times)
pinkflower (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:25:15 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2018, 02:19:03 AM by pinkflower

Greetings fellow altcoin followers and all the same to the altcoin prophets of doom. I declare myself as the Burst unofficial official news bringer. Its time to let each of you know that Burst's future is now in the good hands of the Proof of Capacity Consortium!

I shall be posting all the updates and reports in this thread. Keep your eyes peeled.

https://www.burstcoin.ist/weekly-burst-report-5-10012017/

• The PoC Consortium finally released their Android wallet! Sending and receiving money is now as simple as scanning a QR code. Beta phase is finished, but more exciting features are already planned. You can download it on Google Play.
  • Additionally, some screenshots were published with the announcement that seem to indicate a working iOS version of the wallet. Although the PoCC hasn’t commented on this so far, an iOS version would make sense as already mentioned in the Weekly
    Burst Report #3. The use of Steve Jobs’ “one more thing” phrase while introducing these screenshots seems quite obvious!
  • The PoCC developers are still working on the 1.3.6cg version of their wallet.
  • The PoCC added a chart page to their explorer. It currently includes a richlist, top forgers, balance distribution and block winners but as you can see on the page that more charts are on the way.
  • BurstNation is going to launch a BurstNation branded wallet focused on simplicity, as shown on the preview they did in their latest Live Meeting.

Past reports can be seen in Burscoinist website.

Kolique

Activity: 53
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 03:54:59 AM

Great for this coin, but i always wonder what could make it better than the other coin that are offering quite the same service ?

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ⍟⍟⍟ CryptoFlux.fr - Agrégateur de news crypto francophone ⍟⍟⍟ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
pinkflower (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:15:54 AM

They may offer the same features but the technology behind them are different. What I love about Burst is it had a fair launch. No ICO, no premine or other tricks to get their hands on the community's money. It is not a scam.

It is also using Proof of Capacity for mining. It is something quite unique and something that should be developed further.
rico666
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1037

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 07:35:35 AM

Great for this coin, but i always wonder what could make it better than the other coin that are offering quite the same service ?

Which other coin does offer you Proof-of-Capacity?Mining is like 400x more energy efficient than e.g. Bitcoin:

https://www.burstcoin.ist/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/infography_mining_comparison.png

So energy efficient mining and just distribution - and not a scam as all PoS coins are.
Yes, PoS coins are also energy-efficient, but they are scam.

You heard me right. They get created by the coin issuer and then some "just" distribution is pretended by some airdrops or - worse - ICOs.
Hey I made 1 billion of this great FROBOZZLE token. You can buy one at only 10 Satoshi each...  Roll Eyes

A Burst transaction does cost you 200 Satoshi. I'd certainly like to see that service in Bitcoin.

Sure - you could do an ICO on the Ethereum blockchain, but you can also do it on the Burst blockchain. Again: cheaper and more energy-efficient.

all non self-referential signatures except mine are lame ... oh wait ...   ·  LBC Thread (News)  ·  Past BURST Activities
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:26:16 AM

I can't rel say this is what I will get holding this coin long term, but one thing I notice is that Burst has a very great community that is of a great benefit ti the project at large
Gadrah

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:11:08 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2017, 10:25:38 PM by Gadrah

There is currently a revolution taking place in Burst and it's very refreshing. Now that efforts are being made to undertake major changes in development and communication we are finally seeing big improvements.

The network is now much more stable than it has ever been, development is going strong and the community is slowly rebuilding itself. The potential is huge if you think about it: an energy efficient coin with a one of a kind protocol (Proof of Capacity), smart contracts (that Burst was the first to implement), atomic cross-chain transactions, asset exchange, etc... That's some very promising stuff here, with the added bonus of having had a 100% fair release.
ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 728
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 11:07:51 PM

I like the concept of Burst and actually prefer it to other proof-of-capacity coins like storj (as I can't see them progress with any acceptable speed).

Since I try to make money from each and every opportunity I see what interested me more about three months ago was mining it. You just needed a good size hard drive and you can start making money. At that time it was somewhat profitable.

If you had about a 100 TB you could get about $600 with it and if you put in mind that the price a month later got double or so so you could get more than 1k.

But today the situation is different.
It got attacks, down time, network trouble etc.

When I checked if there's still any calculators online I found this only https://explore.burst.cryptoguru.org/tool/calculate
And when I put in 100 TB I found it gives less than a $100 !!

That's even less than a dollar for each TB. Of course it's totally unprofitable. I'm not sure if it's that accurate though.
I need to find if you know someone who is still mining to tell us how much he makes now.

EDIT: I just found on youtube a guy posted his stats for last month month and yes it went down to a dollar or so. So no thank you burst. Better luck with another coin.
pinkflower (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:07:37 AM

I am very sorry to hear that. The the difficulty in mining Burst really has gone high and the low price doesnt alleviate the unprofitable conditions. But this is the situation we have and we as supporters should accept and find other means to help Burst.

I have started running a node and I will try to keep it on for as long as I can with maybe some downtime if there are issues.
rico666
Legendary

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 05:53:31 AM

I like the concept of Burst and actually prefer it to other proof-of-capacity coins like storj (as I can't see them progress with any acceptable speed).

Since I try to make money from each and every opportunity I see what interested me more about three months ago was mining it. You just needed a good size hard drive and you can start making money. At that time it was somewhat profitable.

If you had about a 100 TB you could get about $600 with it and if you put in mind that the price a month later got double or so so you could get more than 1k.

Things move generally at a fast pace in the cryptoworld. What you describe is true for a situation 3 months ago (great profits with mining) and 6-8 weeks ago (attacks on network & instability).

There is no down time anymore, network is rock stable and yes, the mining profitability has changed.

When I checked if there's still any calculators online I found this only https://explore.burst.cryptoguru.org/tool/calculate

Yes, about $75 now. This, however is one of the many indicators that Burst is at the moment undervalued like hell. People do not yet know about the changed situation. And whoever is willing to sell to you at the current price ... well, you're basically ripping them off. You should not mine, you should buy it - take advantage of the information asymmetry. Because as soon as a larger part of the crypto-community realizes that the Burst today is not the Burst 6 weeks ago, a massive FOMO will set in.

EDIT: I just found on youtube a guy posted his stats for last month month and yes it went down to a dollar or so. So no thank you burst. Better luck with another coin.

See above. If you are a "miner only", I totally agree - don't mine Burst now. If you are here for the profits, you actually see - right now - a Bitcoin at $10. If you know what I mean.

all non self-referential signatures except mine are lame ... oh wait ...   ·  LBC Thread (News)  ·  Past BURST Activities
Kolique

Activity: 53
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 06:17:28 AM

They may offer the same features but the technology behind them are different. What I love about Burst is it had a fair launch. No ICO, no premine or other tricks to get their hands on the community's money. It is not a scam.

It is also using Proof of Capacity for mining. It is something quite unique and something that should be developed further.

Thank you for all these answer ! I didn't know about it, very glad to hear it.
I was looking to invest in one of these "cloud storage" coin, think the idea is awesome we need good crypted and decentralized storage !
The fact that there is no premine, no ICO sounds really good !
I'll totally look closer about BURST Cheesy

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ⍟⍟⍟ CryptoFlux.fr - Agrégateur de news crypto francophone ⍟⍟⍟ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
pinkflower (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 12:43:32 PM

Thank you for all these answer ! I didn't know about it, very glad to hear it.
I was looking to invest in one of these "cloud storage" coin, think the idea is awesome we need good crypted and decentralized storage !
The fact that there is no premine, no ICO sounds really good !
I'll totally look closer about BURST Cheesy

You dont understand. Burstcoin is not like SIA or STORJ. Burstcoin uses Proof of Capacity as a mining algorithm, not as a form of decentralized storage system. PoC is unique because its the only practical implementation of mining coins with hard drives.
pinkflower (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:34:28 AM

Greetings my fellow forumites! In case some of you want to learn more about Burst HDD mining then watch this video!

Many of you might have spare hard drives around your house. Why not put them to good use and mine Burst? Its not as energy intensive as GPU mining so the slight increase in your electricity bill will be tolerable.

For further questions, go to the getburst.net forum.  
pinkflower (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:49:13 AM

New update from the PoCC! This is the 6th weekly report ever since they took over Burst's development. They are working very hard on improving the GUI and the underlying code, and some support from the whole community is be very needed and hopefully it will also be very rewarding for our pockets.

Weekly Burst Report #6 – 10/08/2017

• “The PoCC team is busy and buried under loads of work”, according to Rico666, a PoC Consortium member.
  • The PoC Consortium confirmed that work on the iOS version of their mobile wallet is underway, but no release date have been given so far.
  • They seems to be also working on the internationalization of the mobile wallet: I would expect new languages and currencies support soon.
  • The Burst wiki website at https://burstwiki.org/ is quickly becoming the go-to source of information for the Burst community. The pace at which information is added is breathtaking. For example, we now have a full Burst API with a list of examples.

There are also informative interviews from PoCC developers here and here.

rico666
Legendary

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 03:50:31 PM

Maybe a pointer to https://twitter.com/PoC_Consortium would be in order.
There are news that do not make it to BWN, yet still may be of interest to some.

Like e.g.  Deutsch, Français, Pýccкий, Slovensky, 中文 translations to the mobile wallet and similar stuff.

Crypington

Activity: 210
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:02:01 PM

I like that burst is less energy intensive... I really think energy use is going to be a problem going forward.  I heard that every Bitcoin transaction (not every block, every individual transaction)uses enough energy to power a house for one month. That is the type of thing that could turn the public against cryptocurrencies.

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
pinkflower (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:38:48 AM

It is finally that time of the week! This week is a little more silent than the past how many updates, but be guaranteed that the Burst developers are hard at work. The improvements behind the scenes will translate in the market value of the project. Let us keep the faith and believe.

Weekly Burst Report #7 – 10/15/2017

• The PoCC mobile wallet has been updated two times this week. It now includes 10 new languages: German, French, Russian, Slovak, Chinese, Spanish, Hungarian, Italian, Polish and Swedish, along with 30 new currencies and some bugfixes.
  • The 1.3.6cg version of the wallet is going to be released in the very short future. I have been given the chance of seeing a preview and it will bring many exciting features, as well as strong foundations for future versions.
  • A new process similar to Bitcoin and Ethereum’s respective BIP and EIP have been introduced for Burst: the Capability Improvement Proposals (CIP). The goal is to define a formal process to suggest improvement for Burst. A CIP is a design document providing information to the Burstcoin community, or describing a new feature for Burstcoin or its processes or environment. CIPs are described here: https://burstwiki.org/wiki/CIP.
  • @Quibus wrote a very interesting technical paper on how the plot files are created with Burst’s Proof-of-Capacity. It should help many understand the process.
  • @Zohtar launched a new service to monitor your wallet. The software will monitor your wallet and notify you if it get out of sync via e-mail. Zohtar is also the creator of the Burst Payment Notification System.
  • On wednesday the Burst blockchain was 100,000,000 seconds old – with more than 100,000 wallets created and 6,000,000 transactions this is only the beginning for Burst!
  • We exceeded 9000 followers on the @burstcoin_dev twitter account. Next target: 10,000!
linkybit

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

Keep Working

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:05:04 AM

That's even less than a dollar for each TB. Of course it's totally unprofitable. I'm not sure if it's that accurate though.
I need to find if you know someone who is still mining to tell us how much he makes now.

Ahmed looks like you have some good knowledge on storage coins, can you please let us know any other coin with same like concept for mining and bit profitable?

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
knowcrypto

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 04:22:17 AM

I'm glad to see Burst recovering after all the drama a few months back.
The whole thing went nuts there for awhile, but I kept mining.

It's a great concept and I knew it would win out over the drama in the end.

STOP SENDING LIKES; START SENDING MONEY
Social Send Platform
Social Send Website
pinkflower (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:33:28 AM

Week 8 updates are out but theres not much significant releases for this week. Thats quite disappointing because I was expecting more. But be assured that the PoCC is hard at work to bring us the best Proof of Capacity coin in the world.

Weekly Burst Report #8 – 10/22/2017

• BurstNation is currently working on the implementation of websockets for the core wallets, so that they don’t rely on direct http requests.
  • BurstNation released a new asset tool for asset issuers. It is meant to be a better asset exchange application than directly using the desktop Wallet. You can download it on GitHub.
  • BurstNation officials informed me that 3 new pool softwares are currently under development.
  • Although The PoC Consortium did not make any significant new release this week, its developers are extremely busy. “All I can say at the moment, is that the dedication of the PoCC members to bring Burst forward is unbowed and after more than two months of Burst development we’re not only more efficient at what we do for Burst, but also start to address more challenging tasks. Not all of this work may be visible immediately and quite some of it also takes longer than a week before we can present it”, declared Rico666 today.
Angelia46

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:28:17 AM

I think this is a good project and I will consider going to invest.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: