Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:56:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Burst weekly report! The future is bright! Proof of Capacity is here.  (Read 21961 times)
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:07:48 AM

That’s good report you have made. Nicely arranged blog by the way, is it your own blog.
Burstcoin seems to be old player but somehow I did not hear about it much on the forum itself. May be I lost it but after reading the blog post it seems fair enough investment to me. The coin looks very cheap at the movement and could be good deal to buy. Hope you bring some good updates here. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pinkflower (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:03:36 AM

No, its not my blog. I am merely trying to help the Burst community have some presence here in this forum. I am also holding some Bursts and theres a financial motive for doing it.

It also helps that I believe in what the PoCC is doing. It is better to support them than some unknown ICO.
pinkflower (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:57:41 AM

We finally have wallet version 1.3.6cg available after a few delays. I know these are not the updates that some of you have expected but the PoCC is always hard at work behind the scenes. If you are waiting for bigger news to pump the price then this is not the cryptocurrency for you. The PoCC is rebuilding Burst to be stable first. All the other big upgrades on it will come, but not this year.

Weekly Burst Report #9 – 10/29/2017

• The PoC Consortium finally released the 1.3.6cg version of the Burst wallet, with the goal of making it more reliable, faster, stronger! It includes a quick sync (syncing the blockchain takes minutes instead of hours) and the MariaDB, H2 and Firebird backends. You can now put your Burst wallet on a USB stick! Windows, Linux and soon Mac compatible. Download it on GitHub.
  • The PoC Consortium made a minor update to their mobile wallet. A few bugfixes and 4 new languages: Greek, Hindi, Korean and Tamil.
  • Quibus made a major update for his Windows launcher. It is extremely useful for Windows users who want to install a local wallet easily. You can check the complete changelog and download it on GitHub.
  • BurstNation is going to launch its own standalone desktop wallet very soon. The developers are waiting for Microsoft to do the process of certification for it to be available as a windows app in the Windows app store. The sourcecode will be released as well.
pinkflower (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:43:42 AM

A nice blog from one of Burst's greatest supporters, Tom Creance. He compares Proof of Capacity and Proof of Stake, and shows how PoC is better for decentralization and reaching consensus in most ways.

Human evolution always goes towards more efficiency. It makes life easier and more productive. From my perspective, cryptocurrency mining evolution should be the same.

Going further – a PoC and PoS comparison

Postlegend

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:47:09 AM

No, its not my blog. I am merely trying to help the Burst community have some presence here in this forum. I am also holding some Bursts and theres a financial motive for doing it.

It also helps that I believe in what the PoCC is doing. It is better to support them than some unknown ICO.

OMG! I almost forgot about BURST completely. It was doing really well but then it's price became somewhat unstable. Thank you for creating this weekly report for informing us about it. Smiley

▀  ███       LEDGER  WALLET   PROTECT  YOUR  BITCOINS
▀  ▀▀▀       Smartcard security for your bitcoins        Decentralized,Open,Secure         Available now  []
▀  ▀  ▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
pinkflower (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 05:17:46 AM

Truly thanks for the support. The developers need it now more than ever. Without the community, I doubt that the PoCC would be interested taking over to improve the platform.

By the way, I know I said theres nothing big coming from Burst until the end of the year. But maybe there is one. I will leave Rico666 to tell you what it is.
pinkflower (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:39:09 AM

Besides this week's update, theres also some rumors that Burst was added to Prism, its Shapeshift's trustless portfolio market platform. Can anyone confirm if this is true? The platform is in close beta now, but if you are participating in the beta test, please confirm it. Ty.

Weekly Burst Report #10 – 11/05/2017

• In the sake of organization and transparency, the PoC Consortium is now centralizing its development efforts in one single GitHub page.
  • As you can see here, many commits happened lately. “The wallet is undergoing a major reconstruction”, according to Rico666. Something big could be ahead. The code is currently being refactored to make it better, simpler and more flexible, as well as removing the old NXT occurences.
  • The PoC Consortium is also working on its explorer. This week, they made a small update adding QR codes to accounts’ page, in order to make the explorer a good partner to the mobile wallet.
  • There is now a brand new Burst Visual Identity Guide. Logo and icon usage, color palette, typeface… Everything is in there! This is accompanied by a rebuild of the Logo and Graphics page on burst-coin.org. You can now find “Burst Accepted Here” and “Powered By Burst” images! All marketing resources are now kept on a specific GitHub page.
  • BurstNation released a new software: the Burst Spy Gadget. It allows a user to monitor the blockchain and instantly notify transactions, including asset exchange orders. The notifications will show on your windows desktop just like other applications such as discord or skype. The source code is available on GitHub.
pinkflower (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:04:22 AM

It has been a quiet week for Burst. No "big announcements" or anything because the PoCC fears that the Burst community might find them underwhelming. But be assured that they are still working hard behind the scenes to keep the network stable.

I hope the next announcements will be received well by the general audience, not just the Burst community.

Weekly Burst Report #11 – 11/12/2017

• Quibus is working on a huge update for his Windows launcher, soon to be renamed Qbundle. The new version is currently beta tested and will bring many exciting improvements and new features, including:
    The possibility to “install as a service”. It will allow the wallet to run in the background, and to be started automatically if you restart your computer.

Plotting and mining software (Xplotter and Blago miner) included, but not shiped. This means that when you will click “start mining” it will detect if the miner is installed. If it is not, it will give you the possibility to install it from the launcher. This way, people who are not interested in mining do not have to download and use this software.
    Many more improvements are going to be included. Quibus is currently looking for beta testers, feel free to contact him on Discord (Quibus#7655) to get a download link.
  • The PoC Consortium greatly improved their Explorer by adding 12 new charts. They are simple, fast and clean. Check them out!
  • BurstNation released a new version of their Burst Spy software.
  • The domain name of the Burst-Team forum has been changed to burstforum.net. This is a simple change but it now better reflects the nature of the forum. According to Haitch, we should see improvement in uptime as well: “uptime should be better. I dropped a lot on a new server, and will be getting it a partner to make everything fully redundant.”
pinkflower (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:21:18 AM

Fellow forumites. Sorry if there was no update published for this week on burstcoin.ist. The site was working on its new version and its now online. Please visit it and subscribe.

However, the PoCC had something good to say on Twitter.

PoCC Twitter Update!

• 887 files modified
  • 51,043 insertions
  • 117,807 deletions
pinkflower (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:06:17 AM

Greetings my fellow forumites. The Burst weekly reports are back! Please take some time to read about all of them in burstcoin.ist if you missed them. Rico666 and the PoCC are trying their best to produce a good, stable platform for an environment friendly cryptocurrency. Let's show our appreciation by learning more about it, and if you like what you see, then please help us spread the word. Ty.

Weekly Burst Report #12 – 11/26/2017

• The code base of Burst is going through a heavy refactoring by removing the unnecessary relics from the NXT code, by improving code quality and efficiency and by making it generally better, simpler and more flexible. “The next version will almost have every line of code touched”, according to Rico666, one of the PoC Consortium core developers. Some statistics on core development were displayed on Twitter a few days ago: since the launch of 1.3.6cg a little less than a month ago, there have been 887 files modified, 51,043 insertions (+) and 117,807 deletions (-)!

• The version 1.3 of Qbundle, the hands-on Windows launcher, has been released. It brings many new features, such as plotting and mining software, ability to run as a service and much more. With this update, Qbundle proves itself to be the successor of the AIO client for the latest cg versions of the wallet. You can see the full changelog and download Qbundle on GitHub.

• BurstNation announced a few moments ago that they are still awaiting for Windows approval to get their own wallet on the Windows App Store. However, they shared a link to allow everyone to download the wallet before it gets on the store. “It is a lite version of the wallet you are all used to, kept simple and straight forward. It is aimed at mainstream people, no fluff, no fancy features that would confuse people etc.”

pinkflower (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:05:16 AM

The Burst community is getting very excited about the release of some new feature or features on the platform. But I want to tell everyone not to expect too much. If you do, you might end up in disappointed.

Having said that, good things are still coming, many thanks to all the PoCC's hard work.

Weekly Burst Report #13 – 12/03/2017

• The important news of the week! In last week’s report, I discussed the extensive code reformating that is currently taking place within the Burst core and why it is a good sign. It turns out the PoC Consortium have big things planned for 2017, as they recently stated on Twitter.

• And it doesn’t stop here. Yesterday the Burst roadmap was updated, as announced by a @Burstcoin_dev tweet that was also asking to “pay attention to the details”. Some people quickly found out about a particular element under the “current” category of the roadmap: When asked about it, the PoC Consortium responded with a very interesting link. Check it out: https://dymaxion.burst.cryptoguru.org/

• Although we can expect something really big from the PoC Consortium by December 27th, that doesn’t mean we cannot expect smaller things too. As @rico666 stated on bitcointalk.org, “we have the iOS version of the wallet ready for over a month, but Apple is blocking it (as they do with basically all Alt-Wallets)”. The PoCC seems to currently armwrestle with Apple to get the Burst mobile wallet listed in the iOS App store.

• Some exclusive news from BurstNation: they are going to release a new core wallet jar file with websockets implemented. Testing is complete and they are currently packaging it for release. What are the benefits of such a thing? According to @Focus, “sync speeds have gone up from 100~150 blocks per minute to approximately 5000-10000 blocks per minute depending on your cpu/bandwidth”.
pinkflower (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:05:00 AM

Another week, another weekly report and the Burst community is nothing but more excited than ever.

The Dymaxion mystery will be known in 16 days time, so I hope all of you can join us and help in supporting the platform and also encourage the PoCC to bring better things in the world.

Having said that, again I'll say, to keep your expectations low. Dont buy Burst. Its risky.

Weekly Burst Report #14 – 12/10/2017

• More details about the Dymaxion! As the countdown is slowly decreasing and we are getting closer to December 27th, the PoC Consortium revealed more information to what it called “the biggest update to any crypto to date.”

• On an exclusive interview they gave to The Burstcoinist, the developers ruled out a few things. The Dymaxion isn’t a partnership, and it isn’t a new feature. That narrows the range of possibilities. They clearly emphasized the fact that it is going to be something very large with some very bold statements, but also that Burst will remain Burst. “Lack of advancement will be the last thing the Burst community will mourn about in 2018.”

• The speculation is going strong in the Burst community. @ryanw made a great forum post that summarizes everything that we know so far. The latest rumour? A little reply made on Discord by PoC Consortium developer rico666 grabbed some attention:

He responded with more precision later on: “The PoCC does not deny or qualify anything that you brought up. Except I’d be careful – if someone coughs it can have different reasons…”

• @Quibus released the version 1.4 of Qbundle, the all-in-one Windows launcher. Changes include a dynamic plotting that can automatically add and remove plots files in the background, Burst price info and online/local wallet switch. You can download it and read the full changelog on GitHub. If you are already using v1.3, automatically update by clicking on Files -> Check for updates -> Download.

• The PoC Consortium made another update to their explorer to include a notification service. The observer scans the network and the status periodically – people can subscribe for wallets they are interested in / want to monitor to be informed if the status of the wallet changes. The PoCC is now monitoring its global network of nodes this way.
HappyDevil

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:17:27 AM

I watched Burst for a long time and I felt that Burst was a good altcoin. I also invested in Burst and made a lot of profit from it. I am very happy that Burst is developing very well.
starlord1988

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:39:07 PM

Hey , I'm new to burst and needing a little help getting set up mining.
ThomasVeil

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:27:25 AM

Uh, didn't know this thread exists - handy. Thanks for the effort! :thumbsup:

Hey , I'm new to burst and needing a little help getting set up mining.

You're more probable to find answers in their official thread or so.
pinkflower (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:13:48 AM

This is the latest update from burstcoin.ist.I know ts nothing much, BUT could this be the calm before the storm?

Another fear I have is the dump after the announcement. There are pump and dumpers out there that are always taking advantage of the real supporters and the believers, and I ask everyone to keep your expectations low.

If you are still not holding Burst, then dont buy. Its risky.

Weekly Burst Report #15 – 12/17/2017

• We are less than 10 days away from the Dymaxion launch, and new hints have been made public this week, in addition to what we already know thanks to the interview with some of the PoCC developers.

• In a tweet published on Tuesday, the PoC Consortium made a few things clear. There will be no hard or soft fork on the December 27th, but “while forking will be inevitable in the near future, it will happen in a controlled manner.”

The countdown page has been updated with a new link on “Stage 2”. It leads to a Burst Heritage Tree picture:

• PoC Consortium developer rico666 hinted that some boxes are going to be revealed before the 27th.

• What can we understand with the heritage tree? It claims to represent “the technologies that inspired Burst, from its inception to the Dymaxion.” We can see that it is multidimentional and inspired by six different things. Following the color schemes, it looks like there are four main categories of technology leading to the post-Dymaxion Burst. What could they be?

• It is official: the PoC Consortium Burst wallet has been proclaimed the designated successor of the former burst-team wallet (1.2.9). Therefore, the PoCC is going to ditch the “cg” part of their software, and release the next version of the wallet as 2.0.0, probably in January 2018.

• Version 1.5 of Qbundle has been released. It includes mainly fixes in order to improve its reliability. You can see the full changelog and download it on GitHub.
ThomasVeil

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:46:10 PM

Uh, fun. Smiley

I can read the blurred text on the image - but seems like they predicted that Cheesy So it doesn't reveal more... but "you're going to love it".

Thanks for the update.
pinkflower (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:10:00 AM

The Dymaxion upgrade will finally be presented in 24 hours! After weeks and weeks of posting and letting it known here in the forum, I still cant believe all of you are taking one of the biggest updates in cryptocurrencies for granted.

Maybe the lack of response will change tomorrow. See you on $1 per 1 Burst by the end of 2018.

Weekly Burst Report #16 – 12/24/2017

• Anticipation is at its peak: we are 3 days away from the Dymaxion, and the last hints from the PoC Consortium developers have been given to the public. This time, two new teasers of the Burst Heritage Tree were published. This is the lattest one:

• Bitcoin and Nxt were to be expected. It gets very interesting when you see the these two boxes: “Layers implementation” and “Colored coins”. If you want an overview of everything we know so far about the Dymaxion just read the megathread on the Burst subreddit.

• The PoC Consortium would like to remind the audience about a statement that was made some time ago: “Although we can expect something really big from the PoC Consortium by December 27th, that doesn’t mean we cannot expect smaller things too.” It appears like they might have something not Dymaxion-related to release very soon.

• @Quibus released the version 1.6 of Qbundle. You can read the full changelog and download it on GitHub. If you are already a Qbundle user, just click “File” -> “Check for update” -> “Download updates”.

• I missed it last week but here it is – BurstNation released the first ever Burst mixer. You can entirely anonymize your Burst transactions!
[/list]
pinkflower (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:02:07 AM

Happy new year! If you take some time to read on the latest updates on Burst's development, you can see that the platform has improved from what it was a few months ago. If you are looking for an altcoin investment and a growing community, Burst will be a good one.

I hope many of you will join us.

Weekly Burst Report – Special Edition: 12/31/2017

• The Burst Dymaxion is a white paper describing a tangle-based lightning network – it implements layers to the Burst network in the form of payment channels. Each of these payment channels is opened in the form of standalone colored tangles, on top of the Burst blockchain that runs on the Proof-of-Capacity protocol. With the Dymaxion, Burst becomes a truly global, scalable, energy efficient and anonymous transaction system.

• For those who want to know more about the Dymaxion without the technicalities of the white paper, I published a Burstcoinist article titled The Dymaxion Explained in Layman’s Terms. Another article is planned for next week, explaining the CIPs and the 2018 roadmap. Some further questions have been answered in a Q&A reddit megathread.

• Implementation of the CIPs described in the white paper will start at the beginning of 2018. The PoC Consortium would like to stress the fact that the main bottleneck that may slow the implementation is the community, if wallets are not updated to the latest 1.3.6cg. Everybody using the AIO should update to Qbundle, and everybody still on 1.2.9 should update to 1.3.6cg. Download the latest version here.

• The PoC Consortium posted an interesting screenshot on twitter:

As you can see, the heavy code refactoring that is going on since the launch of 1.3.6cg also removed a hundred bugs and eighty vulnerabilities from the code, and developers are not even done yet. The BRS is going to be even more stable than now, and written in top-quality code.

• The PoC Consortium posted a sneak peek of a new pool software that is going to be released in the very short future, probably next week. According to PoCC developer rico666, the pool will have a new interface and is going to be able to scale to tens of thousands of miners without performance losses.
pinkflower (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:50:12 AM

Heres another weekly update from burstcoin.ist. They are coming nonstop and fast as the PoCC wants Burst to be one of the best cryptocurrency platforms thats deserving to be in coinmarketcap.com's top 10 in market value. But make no mistake that all updates and changes arent thoroughly tested because they are.

Having that said. By the time the PoCC are done, we will see Burst become a better platform than Ethereum if you ask me.

Weekly Burst Report #18 – 01/07/2018

• We can expect a Burst Reference Software (BRS) 2.0.0 at the end of January. “This is intended to be a bug and vulnerability free wallet, extremely well tested, with cruft removed. It will be supporting a plethora of database backends, from small ones (like H2) up to really enterprise (Oracle, etc.), as well as the Dynamic Node Capabilities. This BRS 2.0.0 is going to be the solid foundation needed to build upon – yet it will be fully compatible with old wallet, and thus released without any fork.”

• After that, we can expect three hard forks: the first one will include dynamic block size and transaction fees, the PoC2 protocol and some of the Dymaxion code, but inactive. The second one will implement and activate the remaining Dymaxion code – users should be able to play with it on the TestNet before that. Finally, the last fork concerns the implementation of the PoC3 protocol.

• If you have not done already, I strongly suggest to read The Burst Dymaxion white paper. I also published an article titled The Dymaxion Explained in Layman’s Terms. The Burst Core Roadmap for 2018 also gives you an explanation of the CIPs explained in the white paper. Finally, the PoC Consortium posted a Q&A about the Dymaxion on Reddit.

• The version 0.2.0 of the PoC Consortium Android wallet has been released. You can now send encrypted and unencrypted transaction messages (the app is now Bittrex-compatible), performance and UX have been improved, a contact book feature has been added, and more. The application is now published under the name PoC Consortium instead of ICE WAVE, to avoid confusion. You can download it on Google Play where it has already 2500 active installations and 4.6 stars.

• @Quibus released the version 1.8 of Qbundle. You can read the full changelog and download it on GitHub. If you are already a Qbundle user, just click “File” -> “Check for update” -> “Download updates”.

• The PoC Consortium is currently testing its new pool software, written in Go and scalable to thousands of miners. The pool has been running for a week in open beta in a 0-100 configuration: http://78.47.51.95:8080/. You are free to join it, test it and provide feedback – be aware that no issues have been reported so far but there are no warranties. This is your chance to make the future of Burst pooling better!

• Sooner this week, the PoC Consortium officialy stated that ac0v and two other developers suffered a car crash. They were not severely injured, but they have to remain at the hospital for a few days. The PoC Consortium expects no serious impact to the development of Burst – GitHub activity is evidently unhindered and the PoCC upholds the 2.0.0 release date for the end of January.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: