Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:20:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Burst weekly report! The future is bright! Proof of Capacity is here.  (Read 21963 times)
GaPR

Activity: 353
Merit: 13

coinBusiness / Gapur Ozdoev

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 04:30:35 AM

I, last year, had a negative experience with transactions, bought coins, just did not come to the purse, in addition, I find quite, many complaints and criticism of this coin from users.  Therefore I refrain from Burst.

{Dev coinBusiness -  🔹0x7bbd8533A9096d490B378f4c8fB226Fc0e05FdEb🔹 , }
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vladaziya1

Activity: 160
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:58:21 AM

Very interesting post. I think this is a great solution for him, as this is one of the promising options for him that can solve this issue.
Arcoin1

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 08:06:33 AM

The future looks bright Yes, but we need to shine earlier. We aimed to earn good money in a very short time, but we could not make it happen.
pinkflower (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:11:49 AM

I, last year, had a negative experience with transactions, bought coins, just did not come to the purse, in addition, I find quite, many complaints and criticism of this coin from users.  Therefore I refrain from Burst.

I dont believe you. But post your proof of the many complaints and criticism from users that you "saw", and from what exchange were you sending your Bursts.

The Burst project is in its strongest state since the genesis block. 1000 nodes is a milestone and Burst will reach it this year. Altcoins that have 1000 nodes run by real users is a rarity.
Vermalen

Activity: 546
Merit: 128

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:16:39 PM

This had to be done... Official website has been entirely revamped!

https://www.burst-coin.org/

Vermalen

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:23:03 AM
Merited by pinkflower (1)

A new Weekly BURST Report is out - official website revamp, key data of the week, PoCC hackathon, and more! Get the latest news:

https://www.burstcoin.ist/2018/04/23/weekly-burst-report-33/

Weekly key data
Core wallet development statistics of the week

– Files modified: 13
– New insertions (+): 4,124
– New deletions (-): 1,255
Blockchain metrics

– Blockchain transaction volume / change: 31,924 / -10%
– Total wallets: 142,621 / +540
Network metrics

– Estimated Network Size (weekly average): 356.5TB / +4.4%
– Public Nodes: 998
USD metrics

– High / Low: $0.027 / $0.020 USD
– Trade volume / change: $11,404,383 / +108%
– Market Capitalisation/ change: $49,506,800 / +37%
– Weekly High vs All Time High (%): 21%

Development

We can “expect not to have many news from the PoC Consortium this week and the next”, according to rico666. Since the core version 2.0.4 appears to be stable (we have now almost 700 stable public nodes), developers now direct their attention on many Burst projects, both public and private. So we are entering a little less glamorous period of coding and research.
        We can “expect more news after the PoC Consortium hackathon” that will take place from April 27th to April 30th.
        Still, we have some minor news for this week:
    The PoC3 prototype is finished.
    The PoC Consortium 50-50 pool has been moved to new, faster hardware to handle the flow of miners. It is currently the biggest Burst pool in terms of terabytes.
    Some fixes and enhancements have been made to the Blockchain Explorer (searching for IPv6 nodes now works).

Websites

Burst-coin.org has been entirely revamped! We are very pleased with the positive feeback received from the community. The overhaul includes:
        Complete redesign to better fit with the Burst theme and values
        Reorganization and simplification of the menu & pages
        Better integration of all the latest PoC Consortium developments and proposals
    Storagemining.io, the first ever cloud mining service specialized in Burst mining, is going to be launched on April 29th.
    The Burst community is launching a few blogs, such as weareburstcoin or minesomeburst.com. Minesomeburst.com also offers a mining calculator with interesting additional data.

Other

Vote for Burst on getadcoin.com so we can win Burst ads! Burst is currently ranked #3.
    A new episode of the Harvey Harddrive comic: Happy 420!
    The April meme competition is still running – but there isn’t much time left to participate!
    Bitcoin Ore (the Bitcoin fork with PoC mining) recently released a wallet. While this is not directly related to Burst, I would like to take this opportunity to remind the Burst community to NOT download this software for obvious security reasons (extremely shady project) – see this reddit discussion.

Conclusion

Another week and another batch of exciting news. The burst-coin.org revamp has been an important operation: it is generally our first contact point with beginners and we had to offer something that better represented our values and ideas. With this new website and the development that is going on, we believe to be in the right track and we look forward to seeing the community grow further.
pinkflower (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 03:34:04 AM

The symptoms of a price burst, pun intended lol, are falling into place. Increased mining capacity, increasing number of nodes, increasing members in the community and from the weekend's hackathon, meet up and planned future conferences will take place.

Good update Vermalen. Ty for taking the time and helping me.
pinkflower (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:12:42 AM

I cannot be as happy as I am today about the new development updates on Burst. It is becoming a better cryptocurrency project everyday thanks to the efforts done by the developers of PoCC.

If the hard fork is not supported by the WHOLE community and failes, then I dont know what can help this project.

Weekly Burst Report #34

The PoC Consortium is currently having a hackathon, and in the words of rico666: “it is going way better than expected. All things we wanted to do – without exception – went smoother than everybody expected.” In consequence, this week’s report is going to be quite substantial, with a lot of very good news.

• Tx Capacity increase: the code includes the increase to 1020 transactions per block. This was expected to go smooth as it is basically a primitive change: raising a constant. Most of the work was testing that the wallet code can handle it. This change brings the 4x capacity increase.

• Dynamic Fees: the change for sub-1 Burst fees was expected to be problematic as it touches deep internals of Burst transaction processing. Fortunately, changes made recently to the Burst transactions handling allowed to implement the slot-fee-based dynamic fee handling rather smoothly. As the fees are progressive they allow exactly what was predicted in the white paper: microtransactions, regular transactions and high-price transactions (emergency/high-prio transactions that have to be in the block “at all cost”) to happen all side-by-side in the blockchain.

• Multi-Out Transactions: Multi-Out are transactions where you can send Burst to N recipients in just one operation – it is ideal for pools, faucets, and later for clearing closure of Dymaxion Layers, etc. The PoC Consortium thought it would be really great to have them but the developers did not expect to make it happen. But because all the other things went so smooth, they addressed it too. And guess what: It also went smooth. You will be able to send individual amounts to up to 64 recipients in just one transaction.

• This one single transaction will not cost you more than an ordinary transaction, which – because of the Dynamic Fees – can cost you as low as 0.00735 BURST.  In theory, you could send money to 64 accounts for 0.00735 BURST (if you got the cheapest slot).

• This multi-out transactions are far more efficient on Blockchain storage requirements. For each recipient it takes up only 16 bytes instead of 176 bytes – a factor of 11.

• Together, these things multiply themselves. In the ideal case, we will now be able to send roughly 150 multi-out transactions per block, each with 64 recipients, so around 9600 transactions per block. 40 transactions per second. Burst on-chain tx capacity is getting really serious!

“In short, what happened in the past 2 days got me really thrilled for the Burst future, because it’s looking even better than I imagined”, concludes rico666. Icing on the cake: we are also now exceeding 2000 commits on GitHub! We can expect to have a date for the first hard fork soon.

Apart from the hackathon news, there are a few other things that have been done this week:

Keep in mind that the TestNet (or Development TestNet – see the “dev”) is to be expected to run less stable, be down from time to time and to contain more “bleeding edge” features… or not. In other words: no hopes/expectations. Provided “as is”.

• While we can expect a complete wallet frontend revamp in a few months, there is some work being done to improve and modernize the current one in the meantime.
Vermalen

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:15:47 PM

The first hard fork is scheduled for block 500,000, roughly 6 weeks from now.
 It will enable:
 - PoC2
 - Dynamic fees
 - 4x more transactions per block
 - Multi-out transactions (up to 64 recipients per transaction)
 Full announcement by the PoC_Consortium:
https://www.reddit.com/r/burstcoin/comments/8g88nk/when_hard_fork_when_moon/
Vermalen

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:45:59 AM

BURST on-chain tx capacity would boost up to 40 tx/s.
With brand new type of Multi-Out Transactions, one tx can send up to 128 recipients the same amount - effectively increasing the upper limit to 80 tx/s.

https://www.reddit.com/r/burstcoin/comments/8gxaj7/apologies_for_not_telling_the_whole_truth/
Vermalen

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 03:08:02 AM

A new Weekly BURST Report is out - detailed information on the pre-Dymaxion hard fork, testing, API, and more!

Get the latest news:

https://www.burstcoin.ist/2018/05/07/weekly-burst-report-35/
pinkflower (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 03:28:28 AM

From the latest report. Everyone in the community is welcome to join Burst's testnet to help the PoCC find bugs in the latest software client. More details are located in this Reddit post if you have more questions. See you there!
RedRockMining

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 03:35:17 AM

From the latest report. Everyone in the community is welcome to join Burst's testnet to help the PoCC find bugs in the latest software client. More details are located in this Reddit post if you have more questions. See you there!

Just tried testnet. Should I expect to see my mainnet wallet balance for an existing account?
jlong187

Activity: 255
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 03:36:23 AM

Wow, thats great, if I understood properly, and we dont need  to post all those reports, then the btt forum will be much cleeneer now Smiley
pinkflower (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 03:30:04 AM

Just tried testnet. Should I expect to see my mainnet wallet balance for an existing account?

No, testnet and mainnet accounts are different. You can follow these instructions if you want to help with testing.

After creating your wallet on the test net, you can go on Burst's Telegram Test Channel to coordinate with other testers. Ty.

Vermalen

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:03:44 AM
Merited by pinkflower (1)

A new Weekly BURST Report is out
Hard fork testing, PoC1 plots optimization, solo mining, explorer Android app, and more!
Get the latest news:

https://www.burstcoin.ist/2018/05/14/weekly-burst-report-36/
pinkflower (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 04:22:52 AM

It is a short update and not much going on in development but it surely is one of the most important ones.

To all Burst holders out there or others who want to help with testing, please go to this Reddit thread to know what to do on how to help testing the new update. Ty.
Daltonik
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1490

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:27:26 PM

No, testnet and mainnet accounts are different. You can follow these instructions if you want to help with testing.

After creating your wallet on the test net, you can go on Burst's Telegram Test Channel to coordinate with other testers. Ty.

Thank you for keeping us informed of the development we will try, it was not possible before just, thanks again.
Vermalen

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 04:07:21 AM

A new Weekly BURST Report is out -
the testing continues, BRS 2.0.4 as pool backend, pre-plotted mining rigs, meetups, and more!

Get the latest news:

https://www.burstcoin.ist/2018/05/21/weekly-burst-report-37/
pinkflower (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 04:11:18 AM

Vermalen's update is much appreciated but I would like to add more details in this week's Burst weekly report.

The project is undergoing one of the most important milestones and I hope some of you would join us in support of what will be one of the greatest developments in cryptocurrency history. The Dymaxion.

• In preparation of the pre-Dymaxion hard fork planned for block 500,000, testing of the wallet is going well. PoC Consortium developers rico666 explains: “so far it looks like the core is stable, but the UI needs more polishing. This is not a real showstopper though.”

• PoC1 to PoC2 switch testing still needs more time – it has highest priority now.

• The PoC Consortium started to replace all its 1.3.6cg wallets with BRS 2.0.4 (pool backends, public nodes…). The pools have been running stable and winning blocks with the latest version. We also have positive reports from 3rd parties who have done so for over a week without problems.

• The PoC Consortium therefore suggests all 1.3.6cg pool operators do the upgrade. In the near future, upgrading from BRS 2.0.4 to BRS 2.2.0 is going to be quite easy so by upgrading from 1.3.6cg (or lower) to 2.0.4 you are doing most of the work upfront.

• This also means the 1.2.9 lifelines are being cut now. As a reminder, 1.3.6cg public nodes are the only bridge between newer versions and the old 1.2.9 version. With the decrease in number of 1.3.6cg nodes, it can be expected that 1.2.9 wallets will be dysfunctional even before the hard fork – which is intentional to ensure a smooth fork and a more reliable network.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: