Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:10:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU HAVE A NASTY DIVORCE AND A FAT BTC WALLET?  (Read 3016 times)
pealr12

Activity: 1946
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:35:35 PM

You will only spend your money in a wrong way if youre divorce and with a lot of money.
If you have a family with  a fat wallet life will be so meaningful , spend most of the time on your wife and children buying them stuffs . Divorce is not a way to live the life you want.
BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:52:52 PM

We all know that having a lot of money can do anything so in-case i had a nasty divorce but i have a fat Bitcoin wallet then what i am going to do with those money is to buy my happiness, what i mean is i will use that money to forget that nasty divorce and to move on. I will go on a vacation trip far away from my ex-wife and enjoy myself.
appleffi

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

One of a kind

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 12:47:19 AM

I'm assuming most would have read, watched and some probably experienced divorce proceedings.
It's certainly not a pretty thing, especially when it's a nasty one. Now, the question is do you
reveal your BTC wallet address when undergoing proceedings or do you simply keep shtum.
Or maybe you have been careless enough to let your spouse know about your crypto dealings.
Do you willingly part with the nice rising BTC or do you offer to pay up in Fiat?

This post is merely for fun, 'I AM NOT MARRIED' Grin

I think if you are married your partner knows that you have crypto dealings, and though the btc wallet is not within the controlled of any documented processes just like in banks. I think this is considered as a conjugal property from which you two are sharing though if you have a nasty divorce I think you can insists not to share it with your nasty partner for earned that yourselt without any legal authority process. So he/she cannot get something from you, its all yours.

chichigirl

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

HELENA

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:11:53 AM

Talking about divorce is a very sensitive issue but talking about you've experienced divorced and you have more BTC is a very nice thing.  Grin by that you can overcome the heartbreaking experiences because you have a lot of savings with you that can be used to heal the broken heart. Grin

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
mr_enoc

Activity: 276
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:54:45 AM

I'm assuming most would have read, watched and some probably experienced divorce proceedings.
It's certainly not a pretty thing, especially when it's a nasty one. Now, the question is do you
reveal your BTC wallet address when undergoing proceedings or do you simply keep shtum.
Or maybe you have been careless enough to let your spouse know about your crypto dealings.
Do you willingly part with the nice rising BTC or do you offer to pay up in Fiat?

I am happily married, i don't want to experience the divorce but if it will happen and my wife doesn't like me anymore, i will hold my bitcoin and watch how bitcoin rise everyday.

GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:38:06 AM

if your wife know you are loaded an into crypto, trust and believe they have lawyers specifically for this. this is actually pretty old; i read an article from a senior attorney telling about some of his more unique divorce fraud cases. bitcoin was among them, as well as someone investing in a theme park (you cant make this shit up). maybe if your wife was completely unaware of the coins, they might survive the proceedings. and the timestamps the blockchain provides offers irrefutable proof of exactly when you purchased the coins, in case you need to claim they were purchased prior to the relationship.

Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:27:27 AM

That depends on what kind of person you are. Are you the type of person who's honest and does the right thing? Or are you the type of person who lies and cheats their way through life with little care for others?

Surely you are referring to the woman who has done nothing to deserve stealing half the man’s work. That is institutionalized cheating. And it is destroying the West.
0t3p0t

Activity: 1568
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 01:50:08 PM

It always depends upon the situation. If both of you are into cryptocurrency for a long time of course she has to take a part of your holdings. Let's just say if your ex knows nothing about your Bitcoin holdings then it's up to you if you are going to give her a share especially if you will give it for your offsprings to sustain their needs. But offering to pay up in fiat money would be a nice choice too. If it is a nasty one then why should I? I would rather wait for the kids to grow up and give them money or either way teach them about BTC too. I don't think if divorce is already existed or allowed in my country maybe annulment is only present here. But yeah I don't know about some legalities about it yet since I am too young for a marriage. Grin

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
d1ceplayer

Activity: 686
Merit: 277

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:31:38 AM

That depends on what kind of person you are. Are you the type of person who's honest and does the right thing? Or are you the type of person who lies and cheats their way through life with little care for others?

Surely you are referring to the woman who has done nothing to deserve stealing half the man’s work. That is institutionalized cheating. And it is destroying the West.
Lol who wants a divorce from such a successful person women’s needs are just surrounding about the money and incase this happens that investor need to give a damn word for it man when you have wallet full of btc what else you need just go on vacation spend your money and prove yourself more successful in this so that women will regret about getting divorce bitcoin overcome any kind of incident happening.
Semaj123

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:04:41 AM

Lol who wants a divorce from such a successful person women’s needs are just surrounding about the money and incase this happens that investor need to give a damn word for it man when you have wallet full of btc what else you need just go on vacation spend your money and prove yourself more successful in this so that women will regret about getting divorce bitcoin overcome any kind of incident happening.
Yeah that is true,if you got more money means you can enjoy your life without any worrie.Most of us our problem is about financial so why it would it will come to our mind a thing like divorce.If we're married we must have no secret especially in terms of money so that no problem will occur.
wdnj

Activity: 762
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:18:53 AM

Exactly I think there must be rules legislated in this regard. Like you said, this is seriously a non-justice act. You are working day and night to gather such huge money and then a women comes and she ask for half amount. You can’t provide and then buy rule she become a deserving girl who makes you loss. Still, there is always a choice that can make you think wise.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:33:58 PM

Exactly I think there must be rules legislated in this regard. Like you said, this is seriously a non-justice act. You are working day and night to gather such huge money and then a women comes and she ask for half amount. You can’t provide and then buy rule she become a deserving girl who makes you loss. Still, there is always a choice that can make you think wise.

Well legally, i don't think your fat btc wallet can be considered as conjugal. Though its a bit complicated really since you have to be completely honest with your wife. Just change your catch phrases and passwords if case you go separate ways

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:39:09 PM

I see this thread is still bursting with misinformation, delusion and self righteousness. Remind me never to purchase legal 'advice' from anyone on this forum.

We'll probably start to hear about more than a few cases of crypto and divorce in the near future. If you're in the wrong country, ie America, UK and a few others, then your money, and crypto is part of that, being forcibly reallocated is a given. 
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:57:30 AM

Well if you don't reveal how much buying power you could have with these FAT BTC WALLET that shouldn't be a problem i guess, but i wonder is that true that these kind of proceedings would involve cryptocurrencies as part of your assets as well, lawfully? Well if really a NASTY divorce happens i wouldn't give a single Satoshi unless court order me to do so or having my dear children separated. How painful it was to giving up your precious investment assests considering BTC is at its infant stage to another NASTY person who took your wealth as granted? Hell noooooooooo

This should teach us a lesson you need to be very careful to who you choose as a couple, seeing stories of people turning on each other after they were deeply in love is not strange, so if you need to hide your bitcoin from your soon to be ex wife then you made a mistake in choosing the right person to marry.

Hey, things change, people change. You can only try, truth be told sometimes people just fall out of love in a very bad way. An example look at couples who win the lottery, they ever hardly stay together.
Those kind of things happen but at the same time  when choosing a partner you need to evaluate that as well, people marry for some of the most dumb reasons only to find out the person they married was completely different from the very beginning and unfortunately that is something that is very common in these days.
DroidR17A

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:14:45 AM

I see this thread is still bursting with misinformation, delusion and self righteousness. Remind me never to purchase legal 'advice' from anyone on this forum.

We'll probably start to hear about more than a few cases of crypto and divorce in the near future. If you're in the wrong country, ie America, UK and a few others, then your money, and crypto is part of that, being forcibly reallocated is a given. 

Agreed. I don't think you should hide it, as a) it's a dick move, b) it could easily come back to bite you on the ass if the truth comes out later - in which case the judge will throw the book at you. Best approach would be to pay 50% of the fiat equivalent if you believe there's still am lot of growth potential, or sell half and cut your losses.
Shping Coin
Copper Member

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

SHPING Presale: SOLD OUT / Crowdsale:22 FEB-23 MAR

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 05:28:19 AM

An interesting topic:) but this is just a matter of time until it becomes mandatory to disclose BTC or other cryptos as an asset to the revenue office, once this is done, your wife or everyone else will have access to this info. Enjoy it while it last Smiley

SHPING TOKEN SALE - crypto for marketing to shoppers - ANN
darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:32:48 AM

The fat wallet will be then circulating on the market after the nasty divorce. I would rather invest that amount or spend all those to enjoy my life. Your ex should handle their own life unless if we do have children then all the amount should be nmed after them will atleast you are trying to be a good parent
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:48:23 PM

If the proceeding is going on and my ex half doesn't know about it well i probably keep it as a secret,it doesn't mean that you don't have the right to keep a secret just because you are married,i believe that though im into a relationship i still manage myself not to tell everything it doesn't mean that im being greedy or unfaithful there are really things we have to keep for our self..
To op mate,
I can see that you are referring to a husband but im a woman/wife here entering in a crypto world wanted to earn bitcoins for future use.
Malaya

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:20:43 PM

I'm not sure what's to discuss. Should be no different than with other possessions. No?
I would agree in this! Bitcoin must be also the same with other possessions you have. However assuming that your partner doesn't know about your crytocurrency world up to the present, I think it will not matter whether she knows it or not. Funny to think that questions like this are in the forum. Oh! Reality of life.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:14:53 PM

If your spouse knows the specifics about your cryptocurrencies, then you’re probably going to have to include it in the settlement just like anything else. If your spouse is not aware of what you have or at least not all that you have, you probably shouldn’t reveal it all. Keep as much of it to yourself as possible because it’s very likely that he/she would never be able to track it down. As far as how you would give half the funds over, I don’t think it really matters since you would be losing it anyway.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: