Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 10:24:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "I don't do escrow"  (Read 572 times)
BitcoinMiningCompany (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 04:55:36 AM

Greetings,

So, I have 10 FPGAs and 4 GPUs in my mining rig and have been mining for about a year now. I want to make the transition to ASIC hardware and have found some interesting auctions (mostly on eBay). I have contacted the seller and we have agreed on the btc amount. I have requested the use of an escrow service (seller's choice) and I will pay the escrow fee and pay the shipping (via PayPal direct to the email of the seller).

Multiple times now, I have been told "I don't do escrow". When asked why, the response has always been "I have never used one before". Am I missing something? Why would any seller/buyer NOT want to use a reputable escrow service? There is no cost to the seller and this way both buyer and seller are protected. Would you really just send thousands of dollars in bitcoins to a wallet address and then hope the seller does actually ship the advertised item? I am not implying that anyone I have been dealing with is untrustworthy, I just seem to be missing something.

Any thoughts? Thank you.
LottoPool

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 04:58:08 AM

Most the eBay sales are probably scams. If someone's selling, they know what escrow is most likely.  Be careful.
WuLabsWuTecH

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 06:27:44 AM

I saw nothing about ebay on there, but unless you actually know someone and/or have dealt with them extensively before, I would not trade with anyone unless they do escrow.  There's a guy trying to sell ASICs for 10k/each on the custom mining board right now, and even though he's been around for awhile, people are ripping him a new one for not using escrow.  Just don't do it unless you are doing a face to face transaction!

dojiaki

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 06:31:12 AM

may be they would like trade with escrow or trade with other 3rd partys
may be Auction should be a good option:-)
absente

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 06:34:17 AM

I don't do escrow too, mainly because due to regulations and current political "changes" you just want to stay anonymous.
Yet for ebay, I guess Escrow should be a must.
koutsi69

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 08:20:14 AM

Greetings,

So, I have 10 FPGAs and 4 GPUs in my mining rig and have been mining for about a year now. I want to make the transition to ASIC hardware and have found some interesting auctions (mostly on eBay). I have contacted the seller and we have agreed on the btc amount. I have requested the use of an escrow service (seller's choice) and I will pay the escrow fee and pay the shipping (via PayPal direct to the email of the seller).

Multiple times now, I have been told "I don't do escrow". When asked why, the response has always been "I have never used one before". Am I missing something? Why would any seller/buyer NOT want to use a reputable escrow service? There is no cost to the seller and this way both buyer and seller are protected. Would you really just send thousands of dollars in bitcoins to a wallet address and then hope the seller does actually ship the advertised item? I am not implying that anyone I have been dealing with is untrustworthy, I just seem to be missing something.

Any thoughts? Thank you.
Just go to Wallmart and get one direct!! Undecided
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:35:45 AM

Most people on eBay are just scamming if someone does not want to escrow don't deal with them.

Message me if you have any problems
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 11:04:31 AM

I've also noticed a Butterfly Labs Preorder from an account "bflabs", already a fews years old and with good reputation, BUT just recently had its name changed. Seemed like a hijacked account. Careful!

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: